Totally Frustrated beta 4.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 05:38

Tx, It I will give money, I have assigned my trade ship to the architect will that work ?

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 14:49

ceeldee wrote:Text must be left overs caused by an unexpected input.
Just a simple mix-up. Should have said: "View the encyclopedia entry for the selected station." Sorry for the confusion this caused.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 15:21

ceeldee wrote:Tx, It I will give money, I have assigned my trade ship to the architect will that work ?
Trade ships assigned to Architects can only buy wares within the same Sector as the Architect, even after their station has build a Command Relay (AKA radar dish). Therefore, depending on the sector, the Architect is unlikely to be able to buy all it needs automatically. You could put the Sector name into the Trade Deals menu text filter to see if all the build materials are for sale.

More details on building and running stations can be found on the wiki here:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... I/Stations

Please feel free to add to or update the info.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:40

Are you sure about that ?

I regularly build stations in OL, with 'you take care of supplies'.

All items are promised & supplied very quickly,
some of which I think may not be available in-sector.

But maybe I've got so many stations, the latter half of the last sentence is not true.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:47

I'm sure about the Architect's range restriction but you mention a good point - an Architect will probably be fine in a major system due to the local NPC traders (or the presence of other player stations in the sector).

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:50

I think by default, the trade range on the station is a system where the station is built, then it can be switched to a sector and a whole system, like Devries, depending on the radar is built or not. OL has a lot of resources. If you built in Devries, you'd see that you would be out of fusion reactors and reinforced metal platings in no time.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 22:54

reanor wrote:I think by default, the trade range on the station is a system where the station is built, then it can be switched to a sector and a whole system, like Devries, depending on the radar is built or not.
Even after a station and it's radar are built, the wares needed for station extension/upgrade are still ordered by the CV and it is unfortunately unable to make use of the station's radar to increase the CV's buying range to system.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 03:12

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Glaring Truth too. In both of these sectors you could, for example, pull assassination missions and use pirate Balors and Light Suls for boarding practice :twisted:
I have seen single Light Suls yet in DV.... Balors are somewhat pain to capture becuse of those damn missiles destroying my pods and sometimes coming back to destroy ship too :evil: I find it easier to board Terran destroyers than Balors....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 08:32

Balor and pods get along fine if there are no missiles close to the Balor when Boarding starts and you fly back away after they're launched. Or at least I've never seen the missiles target pods yet, and they attach pretty quickly compared to missile ROF.

ceeldee
xr

Campaign Grinds to a Halt Beta4.0

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 00:57

Well have just completed Albion Exodus , I think I need to complete the build of the URV Forge. Problem is it has all resources except 38 Fusion Reactors, funny thing it has sourced 200 + by itself but is now stuck.

They are not available for sale so I cannot supply. Does the Architect need more money ? The Constructor credit balance does not seem to show, and every time I offer credits it cleans me out, it should allow me to determine how many. Don't tell me I have to hunt and board cargo vessels , that would be a total pain. Another thing just noticed the only ship with a jump drive is the given Rahanis, purchased ships do not , couldn't understand why my other cargo ship never got anywhere. Makes for slow going.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 01:04

What is your 'other cargo ship'? If it's L/XL class have you given its captain explicit orders to automatically refuel? (you only need do this once per captain)

The dearth of FR/RMP at the Plot midstage is WAD; it's designed to encourage you to find your own solutions to the 'problem'. Building your own stations for the required supplies or pirating other ships are 2 ways of getting around the shortage; there are others..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 04:34

The one I sold in frustration was a Mercancias M size no jump drive. May have been low on fuel . How to tell auto fuel ? I can see an order to refuel but no auto option. My ship with jump drive has 59 fuel cells is this enough for a jump ? I have applied 2 mods Galaxy Trade and Auto Skills, there has also been a game update, any way I noticed FR available today and have ordered purchase, fingers crossed.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 04:47

Only L and XL ships have jumpdrives, anything smaller has to travel conventionally.

To make the ship refuel automatically go into it's details, expand "Management", select the captain, go into details again, and there you'll find an option "Refuel Automatically". Select it, click on "Change" button, it'll change to Yes.
Alternatively, when the ship needs to jump but has no fuel, the captain will contact you and ask what to do, you can tell them to refuel automatically in that dialog.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 08:53

Frustrating, did not have enough storage space to collect all FR's , could not order a drop cargo to trader to make room , only purchased 12 and now again non available.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 10:03

ceeldee wrote:Frustrating, did not have enough storage space to collect all FR's , could not order a drop cargo to trader to make room , only purchased 12 and now again non available.
Should be some more available before long.

FRs are produced on a 20 minute production cycle, assuming the stations which make them have sufficient resources. Catch is they're also popular with NPC traders so tend to be bought quite soon after a new batch is available. Best way to counter that is to scan the production modules on the stations which make them.

Checking the details for scanned modules will then let you know how long it is until the next batch is finished, so you can be ready to put in a trade order to buy them. Also allows you to check on the resource status of the station. If it's stopped production due to lack of resources you can easily determine what needs to be supplied to get it working again.

X-Me

Re: Campaign Grinds to a Halt Beta4.0

Post by X-Me » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 14:31

ceeldee wrote:Well have just completed Albion Exodus , I think I need to complete the build of the URV Forge. Problem is it has all resources except 38 Fusion Reactors, funny thing it has sourced 200 + by itself but is now stuck.

They are not available for sale so I cannot supply. Does the Architect need more money ?
Hello,
when wares are unavailable for long periods (that is: there's very high demand, but zero offer) it's because there's a problem with the producer of those wares: usually they lack a required resource.
You can wait for the problem to solve by itself (it will, but it may take a while), or you can provide the missing resource to resume the production of the missing ware. You'll see, it's no bug. It's a game feature.

I had your same 'problem', just different wares :)
See this thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386033

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 14:49

Often the first 2 fabs i build is an FR and RMP fab in a busy sector where there is a high chance to get supplies. Sometimes AI traders can take trade offers quicker then player and in that case they might supply you if you told the architect to deal with the resources. You can still supply everything so you dont have to wait for AI traders if you can provide the needed wares.

If you plan on further station constructions building those 2 fabs will be more or less mandatory anyway.

ceeldee
xr

Fed up With Beta 4 Again Caveat Emptor

Post by ceeldee » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 11:37

Well have progressed a fair way thru the campaign but impossible to proceed . Does any paying customer need this ? Fusion Reactors needed to proceed , none available in a scripted plot ! Don't tell me about looking for none existent ships to board. In a commercial environment supply expands to meet supply or the highest bidder gets supply. Cant even build a trader because there is no plate in the shipyard. Don't mind difficult, but it is rubbish. Think I'll do a metacritic review. This supposed to be entertainment.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 12:08

I 'll be honest with you. You seem upset about it all right? Are you sure its the fusion reactors and plates that upset you and not the whole VR thing?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 12:50

Araknis wrote:I 'll be honest with you. You seem upset about it all right? Are you sure its the fusion reactors and plates that upset you and not the whole VR thing?

The phrases stick to mind so much that I can't help but...
:lol:

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”