[4.00 Beta RC2 TO] Freighters won't trade for production.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 15:48

Clownmug wrote:Ok, just tried your latest save file. At first I couldn't get it to work at all. I tried hiring a new manager, increasing the budget, changing prices and restrictions, but nothing worked. I waited for about 30 minutes and the Titurel still said "searching for trades."

Then I decided to start all over and reloaded the save file. This time I made the Titurel join my squad. As soon as I did this I see the command action change to "waiting for drones". After a few seconds it corrects itself and goes "flying to empty space". Once I saw that I immediately reassigned it the manager, then just a few seconds later it finally goes to trade with the H2O Additives Fac.

I don't know what the problem was but I'm starting to think that Titurel ships in general have issues with trading. I remember a few times I tried using them for trades a long time ago. They were always ridiculously slow especially after finishing trades with that "waiting for drones" command staying up for a long time. You're probably better off selling them and getting a Rahanas or Stryvok for each ware type.

It's not Trading that's wrong, I have a couple of Titurals waiting stations in my game, they're doing fine.

I'd throw in a longshot here to suspect that there are drones that have not self-destruct and are still part of the Titural's property, in use.

I remember once I captured a Fedhelm and had to destroy the Drone Bay in the boarding mission, it had Construction Drones outside repairing it's damaged parts. Once it's Engines were semi-functioning i ordered it to fly to my player owned zone, I assigned it to my Manager.
Wouldn't mine because it left behind it's Construction Drones hadn't self-destructed and were out there somewhere, in it's tasks it said it was recalling drones and there weren't any near it.
So i'm hoping that might be the bug that needs squashing here?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 17:43

I wish this thread didn't get merged now people are confusing the issue. It isn't about the Titurel anymore. I'm having the exact same problem with a brand new Rahanas (Bulk & Liquid) that has been fully repaired and newly equipped with drones. I'll try giving the manager extra cash, but I'm not optimistic about that working at this point.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 00:59

There might be something awry with the trade restrictions you have set up for the stations. IIRC others were having similar difficulty in the past with trying to set up closed loop supply chains, I thought these bugs had been addressed, but I could be wrong...

In any case I'd try the proceedure Clownmug outlined in his last post as he was successful at kick-starting that Titurel into action, and it might just be that your Rahanas is having the same issue.

In any case, If you change any trade or money related settings on a station, it is always a good idea to then ask all ships assigned to that station to join your squad, wait for them to respond, and then re-assign them to the station manager. This ensures all the ships assigned to the station are updated with the latest orders.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 01:49

Lander1979 wrote:n any case, If you change any trade or money related settings on a station, it is always a good idea to then ask all ships assigned to that station to join your squad, wait for them to respond, and then re-assign them to the station manager. This ensures all the ships assigned to the station are updated with the latest orders.
You could also try reassigning your manager (/don't/ fire him/her if they have decent skills). Money already asigned to the manager gets reassigned to your personal account if you tell them to 'come on board' so you won't lose anything

Try swapping the managers from food <-> H2O (or any other convenient station). If this succeeds you shouldn't need to do it all the time, just when they're 'stuck'

Oh, both stations are in the same System yes? Vanilla automated trading for <playerstation> doesn't go through gates, no matter how big the radar dish..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 02:34

Giving the station more money fixed the problem for some reason. I think the minimum recommended budget figure shown in the manager window needs to probably be adjusted if it doesn't reflect the funds it will take to get freighters trading.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 11:50

Glad it's fixed :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”