[4.00 Beta RC2 TO] Freighters won't trade for production.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jakotheshadows
x4

[4.00 Beta RC2 TO] Freighters won't trade for production.

Post by jakotheshadows » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 05:05

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Foodstuffs Supply station DeVries. It has a manager with the min recommended budget in the account, and I've assigned a Titurel (Liquid, Bulk, Container, Energy) to the manager to trade for production. I also have an H2O additives fac in the system, and it is producing water as fast as it currently can, and has a little bit in stock. It seems to me that the Titurel should be picking up on this grabbing water from my H2O additives fac. Instead it has spent the last 20 SETA'd minutes flying around in circles "Searching For Trades". I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing some subtle nuance of station and ship management.

Saved Game:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BznFr ... zA4S2dRZFk

Note: the titurel in question is not the one my ship is currently staring at (I just got done boarding another one). On a side note, why does it take so long to level up marine officers? I just boarded a massive heavily armed freighter and only got 3% progress to the next level? I gotta board 33 massive heavily armed freighters or more to give this person their fifth star? Seems a bit steep.

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 06:04

Two problems:

1) The station doesn't have a radar module so it can't trade beyond that sector.

2) The only stations that buy water in DeVries are 3 Wheat Plantations that are usually overstocked. They'll only purchase below the average price, which is something like -70%.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 06:43

Thanks for the radar tip. For some reason I thought that was only for trades between systems. I got one building right now 8)

As for #2 I wanted to make it so even the dumbest manager at my food supply station wouldn't run out of money.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 16:50

personally i prefer to use styrvok or rahanas for production trading. (prefer the styrvok cause they look awesome)

i use titiruals for my personal transports that follow me around. since there better for combat should they jump into a zone im in a battle.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 17:47

Combat is why I like the titurel, I don't have to worry whether the next wave of 3 pmc fighters is actually going to kill my titurel. I can't say the same for a rahanas, and the titurel can carry any cargo unlike other cargo ships.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 18:39

In the "end game" now, and I like Lyramekron and Lyranea. They have the best defenses out of any freighters, but on rare occasions even they have to flee from a Phoenix because of the plasma jet weapons on Phoneix, they eat through shields very quick. I usually go once a day for an hour or so, and raid through the FO systems with my fleet to kill any Phienix I can find. I usually leave game running 24/7 for AI to work, my factories to make money and for randomness, which brings fun. XR is like a little persistent universe. I really enjoy background AI in X Rebirth. Can't wait for HoL to explore.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 04:24

So I've built the radar on the foodstuffs fac and am still having the same problem I described in the original post.

My latest save file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BznFr ... ndIR1p6Zzg

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 05:46

I just tested your save file, first thing I noticed, you forgot to change the manager's trading range to "System: DeVries" after building the radar. After changing the operation range I then reassigned the Titurel. I didn't notice at first, but I accidentally assigned the damaged Titurel, so it took like 10-15 minutes to go refuel and then buy water from the RoC Water Distellery. Apparently it went there because the price is cheaper (9.48 Cr versus your H2O station at 13 Cr).

Eventually I loaded the save file a second time and assigned the correct Titurel. I also set the manager to restrict trading water with other factions. After 1 to 2 minutes it went to go buy wheat from the RoC Wheat Plantation. :roll:

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 06:19

This game is giving me a headache. Thanks for looking into this for me Clownmug. I've changed the trading range to System: DeVries, reassigned the titurel, and restricted all trading to faction on the Foodstuffs supply for everything except the Food Rations (I want to provide my own water, e-cells, and intermediate resources). Then I sat and waited. And waited. And Waited. The titurel continues to fly around in circles as if it has nothing to do "searching for trades". I even tried upping the management and navigation skill on my manager to see if that would help.

It didn't.

Here is the latest save so far:

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 09:23

Ok, just tried your latest save file. At first I couldn't get it to work at all. I tried hiring a new manager, increasing the budget, changing prices and restrictions, but nothing worked. I waited for about 30 minutes and the Titurel still said "searching for trades."

Then I decided to start all over and reloaded the save file. This time I made the Titurel join my squad. As soon as I did this I see the command action change to "waiting for drones". After a few seconds it corrects itself and goes "flying to empty space". Once I saw that I immediately reassigned it the manager, then just a few seconds later it finally goes to trade with the H2O Additives Fac.

I don't know what the problem was but I'm starting to think that Titurel ships in general have issues with trading. I remember a few times I tried using them for trades a long time ago. They were always ridiculously slow especially after finishing trades with that "waiting for drones" command staying up for a long time. You're probably better off selling them and getting a Rahanas or Stryvok for each ware type.

jakotheshadows
x4

[4.0 Beta RC2 w/ TO] Freighters won't trade for production.

Post by jakotheshadows » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 19:25

I'm having a problem with getting my ships to trade between my stations.

I have a Foodstuffs Supply and an H2O Additives Fac in DeVries. The H20 Fac is producing water and has a decent amount in stock. The manager of the Foodstuffs Supply has more than the minimum budget.

I've assigned a Bulk & Liquid Rahanas to trade for production with the Foodstuffs supply, and a radar is built on the Foodstuffs supply. I've restricted trade on all goods of the Foodstuffs supply to faction except the output: food rations.

I'm expecting the Rahanas to go pick up the water from my H20 Additives Fac so the station can begin producing beef, wheat, and spices and eventually food rations. However, after being assigned the ship just flies around in circles "searching for trades" endlessly.

The latest attempt to solve the problem above was I was trying to do it with a Titurel before so we thought maybe it was just a problem with that particular ship. Now that I have a Rahanas (Liquid & Bulk) on the scene, it seems that it should be able to pick up the trade from my water station and begin supplying as intended.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that where my station is built is for some reason considered "empty space" due to weird boundaries for the zone I was trying to build in.

Latest save:

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 19:31

What are the buy/sell prices for water at your stations?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 19:48

Sell price of water is 4 CR

Buy price was 4 CR

I tried changing the buy price of water to 20 and waited with SETA on for about 3 minutes, no change in the Rahanas (Bulk & Liquid) behavior.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 19:49

Question: Do I also need to have radar on my H20 Additives Fac?

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 20:15

In my post above I got it to work. Basically, the Titurel was unresponsive until it joined my squad. You're better off getting a Rahanas (Liquid) or something since Titurels in general are slow at everything.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that you're using a Rahanas (Bulk + Liquid) now. I have no idea why it's not working for you in that case.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 20:23

Radar on your H2O fab would help in general, but not in this specific case AIUI

Can you drop the Sell Price by 1?
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 20:46

I thought 4 was the minimum, but I will try in just a moment

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sat, 20. Feb 16, 20:56

yeah, 4 is the minimum can't drop it any more

jakotheshadows
x4

Post by jakotheshadows » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 08:14

So is this a bug, or am I overlooking something silly?

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 14:41

I can't think of anything silly you might be doing, but a couple of things occur:

How good is the manager at your food station & how much money does he have?

If he's pretty decent try giving him 10-50x the cash he needs; this may jumpstart him into action

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”