Build: Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mcsquared
x3tc

Build: Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth

Post by mcsquared » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 07:45

I have the construction vessel but have not receive any "fuel" messages from the captain nor any 3d box portrait mini icons to click on to build the station. Any help would be very appreciated.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 08:43

I'm not quite following you there - what do you mean by "no fuel messages"? If the ship is low on/out of jump-fuel, it's best to get it filled up proactively, rather than waiting for it to complain...

"3d box portrait mini icons" - ?
If you mean the icons that appear in space to indicate possible build locations, then to get those you need to have the construction vessel in your squad; I'm not sure whether the icons will appear if you don't have an architect aboard your CV, but you'll need one in order to be able to build.

By the way, this may border on minor spoiler, but may save you some annoyance farther down the line: that station requires ore, silicon, nividium, and crystals, in order to operate (the first two of those in the largest quantities), so you may want to take that into consideration when you choose where to place it (within sector Glaring Truth - that bit isn't optional, if you want the plot to continue)...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 19:37

I was told to land on the construction vessel and contact the Captain. I was then told to build the Forge so I went to the Architect and asked her what she could build, was told the Forge, however, even after I gave her more than enough credits, the "build" order NEVER become highlighted were I can click on it.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 19:51

In order to build, you have to scout the are where you want to build and interact with a build location.

-Make sure your CV is in your squad
-Make sure you have an architect on board
-Get in the skunk and fly to the zone you want to build your station
-From the skunk, look for little blue icons that appear here and there. There should be 1-3 per "standard zones" and 1-5 in any "empty space" locations.
-Interact with the little blue icon, and select the "build" option (make sure you have construction drones equipped to your CV)
-Choose your station
-Supply your CV with wares, or your architect with credits. (If you're new, you might want to browse around the forum for some tips on getting those fusion reactors needed for the construction. They can be quite a pain to get.)
-Wait until completion
-Enjoy your newly born trade empire

EDIT: I was a little confused with the last part of your post, but I think I figured out what you meant and where the initial confusion came from. That "build" option in the architect's dialog box will be used later on, when you'll want to expand your station by adding new modules or weapons to it. You won't be able to use it as long as the first stage isn't completed. You have to order the first stage from the Skunk, and not from the architect's dialogue box.
Yeah, it's a bit counter-intuitive.

@ Raven.myst: From memory, having a CV with no architect on board will still trigger the building spots to appear, but you won't be able to interact with them.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 18. Nov 16, 21:56

Ezarkal wrote:@ Raven.myst: From memory, having a CV with no architect on board will still trigger the building spots to appear, but you won't be able to interact with them.
Yes, that's how I remember it, too...

mcsquared (may I call you E for short? :D ) - As Ezarkal pointed out, Fusion Reactors will be a challenge, but in the campaign at that stage, Reinforced Metal Plating is even more challenging, if you intend to carry on building stations. You will have more than enough magically provided to you for that iURVforge, but not enough to become RMP-independent, which you will need to do if you intend to build more stations - as you are already at the point in the game where PMC hates you, I can tell you this without it being a spoiler: the reason for RMP being hard to get is because in Albion PMC have a monopoly on it. So, you will need to think creatively if you want to get that ware (don't worry, there are several different solutions to the problem, so you can generally find one that suits your play style.)

Good hunting! :)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

mcsquared
x3tc

Finding a shipyard in the De Vries area

Post by mcsquared » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 17:21

Just finished delivering the food rations to RoC Energetics and need to build the Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth next. I have the CV but need to find a shipyard to buy construction drones in order to commence construction. Everyone I ask does not give me info on where there is a shipyard. If anyone knows where I can find one I would be very appreciative.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 18:08

try to get as close to the Sun as possible (Darned Hot Air)

but usually the Plot-CV should come with enough Welder Drones already equipped iirc..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 18:40

As UniTrader mentioned, that CV will already have CURVs onboard (20 of them, iIrc?) The shipyard is in Darned Hot Air (again, as mentioned), but you shouldn't get too excited about buying drones there, as you're likely to be disappointed. In fact, drones stocking is something you can help the Canterans with, once your URV forge is up and running... ;)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

mcsquared
x3tc

Finding Glaring Trush

Post by mcsquared » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 20:25

I'm having a terrible time finding Glaring Truth and the "new" shipyard that's supposed to be there. Every time I think I'm getting to GT I windup in Fervid Corona. Any help would be very appreciated.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 20:39

To use sparingly as it spoils the exploration of the game:

http://www.seizewell.de/rebirth/map/Map-Rebirth.jpg
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 20:57

Glaring Truth is the name of the sector, Fervid Corona is a zone WITHIN that sector - you are already IN Glaring Truth ;)

If you are looking for Darned Hot Air (the zone in Glaring Truth where the shipyard is), just hop on the ring highway and ride it until you get to DHA (you can do so at Gushing Spring, the zone at the centre of Glaring Truth, where Crystal Castle station is, and which is effectively a crossroads for the highways of Glaring Truth.) If you switch your radar mode to 2D top-down view, you will be able to more easily see when you arrived, so you can hop off the highway at that point.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

mcsquared
x3tc

Getting cargo drones for the HOA Construction Vessel

Post by mcsquared » Sun, 20. Nov 16, 23:03

I'm at Darned Hot Air and talking to the small ship supplier. I can buy cargo drones from her but the above CV does NOT show up as part of my property. I have the CV as "Join My Squad" and it has followed me here, however, because it does not show up as part of my property, I cannot complete the buy! Any help would be very appreciated.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 00:20

CVs are XL Ships, so you have to go to the Ship Dealer near the XL Cradle, not the L one. (or contact him via the Comm Menu of the Station)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 20:38

I've merged all your threads relating to the same basic issue. It's best to keep all posts related to the same issue in one thread, for future reference. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mcsquared
x3tc

Building the Integrative URV Forge in Glaring Truth

Post by mcsquared » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 21:27

Having some problems completing the subject mission. I'm in Darned Hot Air at the proper shipyard and trying to buy cargo drones for the CV. However, only the Skunk and the Rahanas are listed as "My Property'" The CV is in my squad and has been following me all over the place. The Capital Ship dealer does NOT sell CVs; how am I going to get the cargo drones to my CV?
The CV shows me as its owner but NOT in the "Property Owned" screen. Your help would very appreciated.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 21:31

Which capital ship dealer are you talking to, the 'L' or 'XL'? The CV is classed as an XL ship, so you need to talk to the XL dealer. Hope that helps.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mcsquared
x3tc

Post by mcsquared » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 21:52

I'm talking to the XL dealer.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 22:02

You'll need to clarify, please, what you mean by "showing up as your property". (If this is in the shipyard dialogue, then you ARE at the wrong one, as the Rahanas is a size L ship, the CV is XL - however, your Skunk should not be showing up in that dialog at all, as it is a M sized ship and plays by different rules in any case.) Also (and very important!) - are you running any mods? If so, one of those may be interfering with in-game procedures.

Incidentally, you are likely not to find any drones in stock at that shipyard at this stage of the game, as I previously hinted. Part of your challenge in the plot is for you to help out the Canterans with getting their infrastructure up and running.

Lastly: why are you so set on equipping that CV with cargolifters? While it is not a bad idea, it is also not at all mandatory - as long as you use either M-sized freighters or capital freighters with their own CLURVs, your CV doesn't need any of its own...
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 22:04

then why is the Rahanas, an L size Ship, in your list of choices? this is a clear sign that you currently talk to the L Ship Dealer, not the XL one. (you can find the XL one by using the Station Comm where he has an XL Suffix, or by frling to the Ships Dealer noch near a Ship Cradle which loos like this: ( · ) not like this: C )

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 22:11

There may be an even more basic misunderstanding at play here. Sorry if this is not the case and this is all old hat to you.

The CV in your squad will not show in your property list until you click the '+' next to the Skunk in your property list in order to expand it to show any ships in your squad.

It is the same for other stations and ships with ships assigned to them.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”