cannot board a rahanas

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nithilak
x4

cannot board a rahanas

Post by nithilak » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 04:47

I deployed I think 23 marines to a rahanas I blew everyting off of and leftf dead in space,, when I click to bard,, yisha says her spill, then the marine officer says shes barding and yisha confirms, but he pods never leave my ship and bard the rahanas,,, don't know whats causing the bug,, just started,, I don't know hwat the problem with barding is but it NEVER WORKS.. only the staory mission bardings have worked for me,, EVERY attempt, is either immedieatly failed once they are in the ship or some bug keeps them from ever launching,,
can I abort the boarding and call them back? I cant find a way to contact the marine officer to attempt this either. I even tried hiring another one and more marines and it seems the barding is stuck at trying to deploy my marines

Andoulline
x4

Post by Andoulline » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 12:37

Hmmm.

If the rahanas was boosting when you shot it's engines out it takes a while for it to stop. Until it slows down enough the boarding pods will not appear, it's the only thing that I can think could cause this.

Apart from that when you start the boarding process (or at least the pod launching phase) it's generally better to be as close to the ship as possible to limit the chances of random missiles and the like to blow the pods up, as well as to make sure that they can actually get there and not get stuck on random scenery (or sometimes a random part of the ship itself).

Still It'd be nice if you could provide a savegame or more details if it's not the boosting ship that's causing it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 13:59

Have you verified your Rebirth gamefiles cache (if from Steam obviously)? Is your game modded? If you wish to continue with this as a Tech Sp request then please note this forum Sticky.

Do you know about the target defence points versus the skunk boarding attack points?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 17:25

Be aware that with only 23 marines and if they are not very experienced, you will need not only to destroy everything, but bring the hull down to below 5%.

As Alan Phipps said, you can check boarding resistance of the Rahanas in their info, and same for Skunk in your ship info, the Skunk should be higher than your target for it to success.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

nithilak
x4

marines not launching fixed but unsure exactly how

Post by nithilak » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 17:20

The ship is halted, i actually destroyed its engines and jumpdrive while its at a hault.this evrery boarding attempt ive tried not just one particular rahanas. i tried reloading my save multiple times with same results so i think it was a bug.. i ended up firing my officer and hiring a new one and the pods ejected after thst. i assumed a possibility of it being a mod,, show skills mod,,,the only mod i have and i also turned it off.. so i dont know if it was a bug with my save and hiring a new officer reset something and fixed it or if turning off the show skills mod fixed it... i also hired 50 marines and a pretty good marine officer i got thru the smalltalk shes 5 stars on boarding and moral and 4 on the other relevant skill i forget but its lit up and has 3 or 4 stars as well. i didnt realize the hull had to be weakened so much. thats gotta be the problem because i always try to destroy everything and leave the hull as undamaged as possible.. and its been every rahanas not just this particular one...ill try weakening the hull down to the brink of destruction..i have a feelimg thats what it is. so thanks for that little bit. i repost after i have another run at it

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 18:19

OK, moving to Rebirth Universe though as this all seems to be about gameplay.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 20:57

Look at the ships Info to see what it's "Boarding Resistance" is. Also look at your own Ship Status to see what your "Boarding Strength" is. You want to get the target's resistance to below your strength.

Also (just in case you don't know) if your boarding attempt fails, you have lost your boarding team and will have to get another.

After a successful boarding, the Marine Officer stays on the new ship till you tell him to return. You cannot attempt a new boarding till you have a MO on board the Skunk.

Hope this helps. Happy boarding.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 21:43

While all the boarding strength vs. boarding resistance stuff is indeed significant, it doesn't explain why the OP's boarding team fails to launch in the first place - if the boarding strength is too low, the team will still launch, but will take losses, total losses if the disadvantage is great enough. If the JD and the M/AM engines have been destroyed, and Annoyisha's prompts are followed, that also ensures the team's launch, so I can only assume either a bug (one I haven't encountered before, but that doesn't rule out some strange rare interaction somewhere) or, more likely, the interference/malfunction of some mod.

When the Marine Officer malfunctions (mostly due to being recalled remotely after a boarding op), the boarding option doesn't appear, but it may still be worth checking whether the MO isn't properly assigned: climb into the passenger compartment, speak to the MO, and select the "work on my ship" option if it is present (if this option IS present, then the MO is not properly bound, and that WILL cause problems.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

w.evans
x4

Re: marines not launching fixed but unsure exactly how

Post by w.evans » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 22:10

nithilak wrote:i ended up firing my officer and hiring a new one and the pods ejected after thst.
Sounds like your marine officer wasn't working in the Skunk. There was a pre-4.0 bug where, if you successfully board a ship, then call your marine officer back without docking, you have to go to the back room and tell your marine officer to "Work Here" or something like that to reactivate him/her. At least i assume that bug was fixed with 4.0 because i haven't had that problem in my latest play through started last week, although it's possible that it was fixed as a side effect of a mod i have installed.

Odd, though, because you say you were able to click "Board" and Yisha said her spiel. In the past, when that bug manifested itself, the "Board" option was greyed out.

edit: sorry, missed RAVEN.myst's post. yup, sounds similar to that bug, at least.

edit 2: actually, could you post a link to a save where it's broken? any situation where you can click "Board" but pods don't launch would do. would like to take a look.
Last edited by w.evans on Fri, 2. Dec 16, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 22:15

w.evans wrote:edit: sorry, missed RAVEN.myst's post. yup, sounds similar to that bug, at least.
All good - as they say, "great minds" :D (Others say something else, regarding "seldom differ"ing - I don't listen to THEM, however... :P )
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 3. Dec 16, 04:02

nithilak wrote:The ship is halted, i actually destroyed its engines and jumpdrive while its at a hault.this evrery boarding attempt ive tried not just one particular rahanas. i tried reloading my save multiple times with same results so i think it was a bug.. i ended up firing my officer and hiring a new one and the pods ejected after thst. i assumed a possibility of it being a mod,, show skills mod,,,the only mod i have and i also turned it off.. so i dont know if it was a bug with my save and hiring a new officer reset something and fixed it or if turning off the show skills mod fixed it... i also hired 50 marines and a pretty good marine officer i got thru the smalltalk shes 5 stars on boarding and moral and 4 on the other relevant skill i forget but its lit up and has 3 or 4 stars as well. i didnt realize the hull had to be weakened so much. thats gotta be the problem because i always try to destroy everything and leave the hull as undamaged as possible.. and its been every rahanas not just this particular one...ill try weakening the hull down to the brink of destruction..i have a feelimg thats what it is. so thanks for that little bit. i repost after i have another run at it
Are you using any mods? I had some problems too but i though they were mod related. It's been a long time when i played game so i can't remember what ship wore affecting.....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”