No trade docks icons

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JESS 246
x3

No trade docks icons

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 20:33

For a few days now i've notice that all owned stations in Omicron lyrae trade docks have no icons and some tations won't trade any wears or except wears that they need.

Any ideas and don't go into the mods theory with or without mods i have this issue and all i can think of is a few recent updates with 4.10/4.10 beta 5 what was working is not now afterwards.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 20:56

Possible explainations:

Core of all: Missing Trade Offers, because Icons are only displayed if the Dock/Station as a fitting Offer
Possible causes for this:
Missing Manager, which is responsible for generating Trade Offers
Missing Demand/Storage Capacity (for Buy Offers)
Missing Money (for Buy Offers)
Missing Poducts (for sell Offers)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No trade docks icons

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 21:31

JESS 246 wrote: Any ideas and don't go into the mods theory with or without mods i have this issue and all i can think of is a few recent updates with 4.10/4.10 beta 5 what was working is not now afterwards.
Instead of telling people what to do, it would be useful if you provide the required information and a vanilla save where this can be observed.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 21:36

Hi Uni

I have fivestar managers and well moneyed up and though the assigned trade ships usually more than needed don't seem to move i also make sure that stations have a good crews plus enough drones etc and most station have plenty off space.

Mostly the problem is with shipyards/drone stations needing wears so i send out ship via the trade offer/sales route to get the needed goods but without the trade docks i cant deliver them even via wear transfer i can take good away from said stations but can not add to them.

This issue started this mid week so everything was working fine before that except the trade ships not moving that's been like that for over a couple of months now i think you mentioned something about that to me before in an earlier post.

With all info you have given i have made sure that all stations are or should be fully equipt before moving onto the next build.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:19

You should be able to spot any problems with commands, budget, subordinate ships, trading range, etc in the player Station Manager information screen.

If, as you say, all your stations in that system went offline at the same time then something may have toggled an option default setting that affects all your stations in that system (hypothetical example: all player stations in OL now set to trade in-Zone only).

As to how and why such a thing *might* happen, it is *possible* that one of your mods has not fully caught up with the changes made in the recent beta. To my knowledge, nobody is reporting this issue in the vanilla beta.

Moving this to Rebirth Universe from Tech Sp for now because of the mods and the current lack of evidence here or elsewhere that this is a vanilla gameplay technical issue. Even if there were, Tech Sp was not the place for new to beta issues which should be first reported in the beta forum.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:22

Hi Sparky

Sorry but i was informing that i have tried all i can and all was working fine before with modded game 4.10 beta 5 game three days ago and like before in earlier post some info i get back is to tell me it's a mod issue, that may not be the case this time when it might be the patch so i'm informing i don't want to hear about mods i'm using i've check them.

When i or others have issues with the game it's always blamed on mods not on patches yes i do agree that if mods are not updated with patches there will be a problems.

So for me i double check mods first before i make a post on an issue and if it's the patch why don't the dev's hold their hands up.

We know that on release of patches we expect issues but when players report issues most of the blame goes onto the use of mods though in some cases yes but you and other support info seems to blame the player for using mods that's why i said what i said and i was not telling i was informing.

And as for giving required info ie. a save file i would have to start a new game to get to where i am at this stage of the game as you cant or not able to work with a saves if game is modded sorry about this but why do you ask for a save file if a players have a modded game that you can't use or access said save file.

Sorry if this sound to you that i'm snapping at you i'm not i just want the right answer to this issue like the ones Unitrader gave though i already had looked into those.

Some how suddenly since wednesday shipyards and drone stations in Omicron lyrae have lost their trade dock icons and wont except wears.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:26

The big flaw in your argument there is that there have been no updates to the beta gamecode since version 5 issued on 25 Jan 2017. You need to look elsewhere.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 23:26

Hi Alan Phipps

Thanks for info will look into what you informed me on to see if i've missed something.

P.S. i had played before 25th had a few day away from game but started again this tuesday when i got the beta 5 update all was working fine afterwards till wednesday when this issue pop up but why only in OL i'd expect this to be everywhere on all stations.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 4. Feb 17, 03:06

Hi All hume replied

I came up with a quick fix to give goods to stations i removed some goods even though the station were half full it seemed they were acting as full once i removed some stock i could give the items needed and the trade dock icons showed up but still the assigned trade ship won't move i've look into managers screen can't see how to make him work other than change buy/sell stock prices.

As before this issue once a trade ship is assigned the A.I. takes over and away they go but now that don't happen and has been like this for me since 4.0.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”