Performance on Ryzen?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nalim27
x4

Post by nalim27 » Tue, 10. Jul 18, 23:44

w.evans wrote:@nalim27, thanks for that post! i'm building (or trying to get the parts to build) a new machine and was considering going with the i7-8700k, but after reading your post, i'm taking another serious look at the Ryzen 2700x. Your post seemed more credible to me than reviews i found online so far who say that the Ryzen's great, and that it's good for video editing, and well, of course they'll like it then because they make videos so often.
Hello,
please beware that I compared very old Intel! I'm sure that i7-8700k will have different results !
I choose AMD because:
1. I want support competition company
2. AMD AM4 motherboard will in future (2019 and maybe even 2020) allow to next generation Ryzen CPU, and maybe generation after that. So in 4 years, when X4 will be fully patched :-) , I can significantly increase CPU power of mine PC by bought some 12 core Ryzen 3.
That is not possible on Intel platform - if you buy now i7-8700k then after 4 years if you want to upgrade you will must buy Intel ix-10700k but also new motherboard and maybe even new RAM. So upgrade will be more costly
3. AMD CPU is cheaper that equivalent Intel.

Please if anyone using Intel Haswell, Skylake, Kabylake or Coffelake in X:R I really want to compare it with Ryzen.

To have the same test conditions I suggest to use some game save from late game in big and populated sector (the same save on your Intel and mine Ryzen platform) and watch FPS during slow Skunks 360 clockwise rotation.
That should be enough to compare performance.

So please is there anyone who want to test it?
Mine rig - X4 ready :-) Windows 10 64b
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X (stock clocks 3.7GHz + 4.3GHz boost), 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 RAM,
GPU: AMD Vega64 8 GB HBM, played on 2569x1440, Freesync2
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCI-ex

CPU before 1.7.2018: Intel Xeon E5450@3.6GHz, 8GB DDR2 800MHz RAM,

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”