XRebirth Collector edition (2013) and Home of light DLC? not working for me

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vahadar
x4

XRebirth Collector edition (2013) and Home of light DLC? not working for me

Post by vahadar » Wed, 24. May 17, 17:56

Hello,

Having bought the collector edition from Egoshop back in 2013 (order #982582), i wanted to play the game to try the new dlc home of light. I dont know if it is supposed to be free for those with the collector edition, but i only have the teladi outpost dlc. And when i check on egoshop for the actual collector edition (actual price 69.99 (paid 64.99 originally) and which is now 27.99 at 60%), the home of light dlc is indeed listed in the content of that edition...

So i am wondering what i am doing wrong because Steam wants my money and wont let me get the dlc :) Was the edition of 2013 a different edition from the current one? The listed content is exactly the same exept for the DLCs.

Regards
X:Rebirth XML Savegame edition
Usefull workarounds and tips against bugs or being stuck

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=350404

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 24. May 17, 18:15

The HoL DLC was not finished and released until 2016, so I cannot see how a 2013 game package version can have been expected to include it in the (then) price. Naturally prices do tend to go down as a game nears the end of its developed lifetime.

Just under £8 seems to be the asking price for the HoL DLC download now.

Moving to XR universe forum from Tech Sp.

EDIT: Egosoft have confirmed that the later Collectors' Edition does intentionally have a different and more complete content compared to the previous one. I am afraid that you do need to buy the additional DLC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 24. May 17, 19:09

Alan Phipps wrote:EDIT: Egosoft have confirmed that the later Collectors' Edition does intentionally have a different and more complete content compared to the previous one. I am afraid that you do need to buy the additional DLC.
Just to clarify: To my knowlege there's just one physical Collectors' Edition. The one which was released in 2013 already. So the actual box with its physical content (playing cards, LED light etc.) is always the same. As mentioned in the Egosoft Shop, the two DLC keys and the FL book are exclusive boni, 'exclusive' as in this combined offer (CE plus book plus the two DLCs key) is only available from the Egosoft shop. The single items (just the CE or the DLCs or the book) are available elsewhere too.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”