The hunt for station-embedded lockboxes

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 07:27

RainerPrem wrote:Pirate capitals tend to jump away before I manage to take their jump drive out.
Yes, I find it best to alpha-strike the jumpdrive with a Hellbuster or Tristar, or two (when the JD is near to the engines, it often shares the same force-field projector/s, in which case it's then quick to also knock out the engines before the target goes off boosting halfway across the sector.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 19. Sep 17, 14:26

RainerPrem wrote:Pirate capitals tend to jump away before I manage to take their jump drive out.
Mk.3 plasma canon with damage-increasing weapon mod is your best friend. :D

Otherwise, as Raven.myst said, Tristars are pretty good at wiping out subsystems. A well-placed novadrone will also do the trick.

Alternatively, since you want to blow up ships for their parts and not capture them, get your own capital ships to wipe out the pirates.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 6. May 18, 14:31

Ok, I know I'm a bit of a necro for digging up this thread, but it's just to mention that the spreadsheet is complete, and every crates have been found. You have access to screenshots and map position for all of them, safe for those few crates located on xenon asteroids in Torride. (They are pretty easy to find once you found the right asteroid.)

Many thanks to those who helped me fill in the sheet. Special thanks to Deathifier who actually went so far as to build a mod to help him locate the 15 or so last missing crates.

If any moderator wants to integrate the sheet to the stuff that's already in the wiki, feel free to do so.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 7. May 18, 05:42

Ezarkal wrote:Ok, I know I'm a bit of a necro for digging up this thread, but it's just to mention that the spreadsheet is complete, and every crates have been found. You have access to screenshots and map position for all of them, safe for those few crates located on xenon asteroids in Torride. (They are pretty easy to find once you found the right asteroid.)

Many thanks to those who helped me fill in the sheet. Special thanks to Deathifier who actually went so far as to build a mod to help him locate the 15 or so last missing crates.

If any moderator wants to integrate the sheet to the stuff that's already in the wiki, feel free to do so.
GA-REAT!!! Many Thanks. Is that still the same Google-Document?

cu
Rainer

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 7. May 18, 20:36

Yes it is!

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 11:33

I've always ignored all but the obvious in the badlands tunnel..

..those ends, of what seem to be lockboxes, sticking out of the rock -- they contain anything or just deco or traps?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 15:40

In the tunnel itself? Deco, I think.

Actually, they might have been placed as a bit more than that. It's so dark in there that it's hard to find your way. So I use them as direction makers to get in the tunnel and find my way out again.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 19:37

That's been the thought for me also in past games. Oddly, now I must have a little more gamma or something, it's dark but the tunnel is so very short and tipping nose down shortly after moving into the tunnel the exit makes it quite easy to navigate in my recent game.

I spent a little time looking closer at a couple of those embedded things and they seem to be lockboxes. I may scrutinize them all a little more just to make sure there are no lock ends to pop.

Expect it's as you say though. Complementary deco, waypoint marks to get in and grab the one lockbox that is floating in there.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”