Give it another try

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 19:21

@ RainerPrem: That be for completing the main plot Xenon station bombing mission, only this one is for when playing on hard difficulty. There is a similar one for the lesser difficulty plot Xenon station gameplay too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sat, 27. Jan 18, 20:30

Alan Phipps wrote:@ RainerPrem: That be for completing the main plot Xenon station bombing mission, only this one is for when playing on hard difficulty. There is a similar one for the lesser difficulty plot Xenon station gameplay too.
No plot, no chance. So I have to start another game ... Not too funny.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 10:13

Hi,

I stopped playing the last game at one point (~2.5 billion credits, successfully boarded one Arawn, two Olmekrons and an uncountable number of Rahanases, Lyraneas and Lyramekrons). "Hard" wasn't really different from the "easy" game earlier.

I destroyed close to a hundred Nividium asteroids but still haven't seen a single authentic space fly egg. There also weren't any authentic space flies in that game. I also needed an extremely long time to complete the four parts for the SETA. In the same time I constructed about 20 rare engines.

Restarted "Hard" this time with the plot to complete the aforementioned achievement.

cu
Rainer

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 04:35

RainerPrem wrote:Hi,

I stopped playing the last game at one point (~2.5 billion credits, successfully boarded one Arawn, two Olmekrons and an uncountable number of Rahanases, Lyraneas and Lyramekrons). "Hard" wasn't really different from the "easy" game earlier.

I destroyed close to a hundred Nividium asteroids but still haven't seen a single authentic space fly egg. There also weren't any authentic space flies in that game. I also needed an extremely long time to complete the four parts for the SETA. In the same time I constructed about 20 rare engines.

Restarted "Hard" this time with the plot to complete the aforementioned achievement.

cu
Rainer
I couldn't even find the rare engine mission though i had the items ready. guess i gotta loiter around near stations to see my luck.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 04:58

ajime wrote:
I couldn't even find the rare engine mission though i had the items ready. guess i gotta loiter around near stations to see my luck.
Note that there are two such missions. One for the Mk5 Engine, one for the jump drive.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 10:19

The experimental jump drive mission appears in the zone's bulletin board but I'm not sure if the rare engine one does.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 11:23

ajime wrote:I couldn't even find the rare engine mission though i had the items ready. guess i gotta loiter around near stations to see my luck.
I might be wrong, but for me it seems as if this kind of missions is more frequent at unique stations. I recently found the "Khaak collection" at the Badlands Colony and the "Space fly egg collection" at Lonely Giant.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 11:29

I think you are probably correct about an increased chance there because those special stations have to provide a number of valid missions yet often have less product-related and zone movement missions available to give. Unfortunately, they also suffer from the bug of sometimes being unable to spawn the 'special' mechanic at the end of those missions when you return there.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 11:35

I've often seen a rare mission at the Badlands Colony during campaign games. I've been putting that down to it being the first station the plot takes us to, leading to it having the highest chance to spawn one. No idea if that's really the cause though.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 03:05

finally got my mk5 sidewinder engine. :D
then i went to get a mystery box bbs mission and spam scans for 5 bloody hours opening countless boxes not knowing when its gonna end. combed 150 km away from the point and still getting containers to unlock. in the end I autopiloted to the centerpoint and it brought towards a jss fighter to be claimed. I really wished there was a center navpoint as an anchor instead of an open "scan your purchase" in the 50km range though. I've contemplated few times to bail the mission since it really irked me.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 2. Mar 18, 05:16

ajime wrote:finally got my mk5 sidewinder engine. :D
then i went to get a mystery box bbs mission and spam scans for 5 bloody hours opening countless boxes not knowing when its gonna end. combed 150 km away from the point and still getting containers to unlock. in the end I autopiloted to the centerpoint and it brought towards a jss fighter to be claimed. I really wished there was a center navpoint as an anchor instead of an open "scan your purchase" in the 50km range though. I've contemplated few times to bail the mission since it really irked me.
Hi,

well, it's thought to be a challenge. And in German it's called "A big mystery", not a box. I never take those missions, because all I got was a 40k credits S fighter for a million or more.

In 90% of the cases if you fly straight to the Icon and then 5 seconds with the turbo you get your target on the scanner. If there are multiple boxes and I get no other hit, I fly back to > 50km distance and start anew.

And yes there are some areas in the game where you can open lockboxes for hours and hours. Once after such a trip a sold everything and made a total of 50 Millions plus two rare engines.

cu
Rainer

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 23:06

After 4 years new start in Home of Light. FPS are great, i have filling that traiding goes much faster.
This time i will do big empire too, but different aproch, much less boarding and more trading because of small trading ships. ATM all station in HOM have eye, next step is bording initial 4-5 trading ships (all rdy), this will be good for long range traiding. $$ will upgrade Scunt for some very hard missions. At half map whit trading agents i expect enought $$ for some initial stations.. i smell very smooth progres. Alos this aproch mean no enemy, just regular.
Let me know if i miss somthing important that will change my strategy.
Wargasm

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 08:34

ballti wrote:After 4 years new start in Home of Light. FPS are great, i have filling that traiding goes much faster.
This time i will do big empire too, but different aproch, much less boarding and more trading because of small trading ships. ATM all station in HOM have eye, next step is bording initial 4-5 trading ships (all rdy), this will be good for long range traiding. $$ will upgrade Scunt for some very hard missions. At half map whit trading agents i expect enought $$ for some initial stations.. i smell very smooth progres. Alos this aproch mean no enemy, just regular.
The trading approach is a safe, but in the long run boring one. It mostly depends on my mood whether to start a new station or go for a fighting spree into Xenon territory.

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 18:33

ATM main job is trading agetns (lizard-vr-ai-xenon etc 404 soon), selective bulletin board missions and trading whit 9 ships, boarding default enemy Titurel+. Its going nice and smooth for now. Soon i wil need to do math for stations... Few oprions, staions for building stuff and fill them whit cheap input, or start from scratch, second is better becos is not propblem to fill higher statins in chain.. idk for now.
Wargasm

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 03:01

RainerPrem wrote:
ballti wrote:After 4 years new start in Home of Light. FPS are great, i have filling that traiding goes much faster.
The trading approach is a safe, but in the long run boring one. It mostly depends on my mood whether to start a new station or go for a fighting spree into Xenon territory.
you could try to build a station in xenon space and see if they come to buy your microchips :D

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 05:44

ajime wrote:you could try to build a station in xenon space and see if they come to buy your microchips :D
Yeah, that would definitely be a challenge. :-)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 12:02

As the Xenon AGI and technology is self-designed and evolving, I doubt that they would want any technology as deliberately limited as that which anyone else produces. I would think that raiding R&D labs and universities to farm 'advanced bio-computing resources' (smart brains - also containing opposing technology advancement data) may be more their style. :wink:

ballti
x4

Post by ballti » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 12:16

Xenon space is too small for brain empire.
BTW, somthing nice hepning, jump drive and Sanahar :) .

EDIT:
Now map is open, Xenon space looks good for base (hi end stations). Mealstrom: water + both food + maybe some cells, Cold Star: focus on mining..
base on galaxy lvl vs all in one sector (Cold Star), more intensive progress/gampelay vs better final product.. hm?
Wargasm

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”