Passenger list / Assigning crew to ships

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CORPORATEAN
x3tc

Passenger list / Assigning crew to ships

Post by CORPORATEAN » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 06:23

Do I have to have a station before I offload crew onto new ships?

I have apparently acquired a full complement of passengers on the Skunk, and can not assign them to ships or get rid of them.

There is no option to view passengers that I can find.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 10:57

Moving to X Rebirth Universe (gameplay) forum from Tech Sp.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Passenger list / Assigning crew to ships

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 11:22

CORPORATEAN wrote:Do I have to have a station before I offload crew onto new ships?

I have apparently acquired a full complement of passengers on the Skunk, and can not assign them to ships or get rid of them.

There is no option to view passengers that I can find.
Hi,

use Enter-7-1 to see the crew of the Skunk. You can talk to them and tell them to work on a ship or station of yours. You can also fire them from the same menu.

Note: While you're in space you'll leave the piltot's seat and walk into the crew's quarter. While walking around on a station you see a menu of your crew.

cu
Rainer

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 17:29

You have to have L or XL ships without crew (or with less skilled crew).

As above, you can contact your crew people via comms and order them to work on a different ship that you own, or you can enter the back of the Skunk and talk to them in person. They'll take a shuttle to the ship in question.

As additional options, consider the following mods:

- Show Skills by StormMagi, you can ask potential crew NPCs what their skills are before you hire them.

- More Crew by Euclid, increases the Skunk's capacity to 15 crew (complete with seats / standing spots for them, if you visit the back of the ship).

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 17:49

ajax34i wrote:You have to have L or XL ships without crew (or with less skilled crew).
One exception: Pilots can *only* be assigned to S or M ships (fighters and small freighters), and they can ONLY be assigned from the rear compartment while in flight (ie. you can't give them jobs while docked at a station or capital ship.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 23:25

ajax34i wrote:You have to have L or XL ships without crew (or with less skilled crew). ...
And the skill level of the crewmembers does not matter. I often assign a weak captain in place of a good one if I'm selling a ship. The good one then comes aboard the Skunk for reassignment.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 06:46

Nanook wrote:
ajax34i wrote:You have to have L or XL ships without crew (or with less skilled crew). ...
I often assign a weak captain in place of a good one if I'm selling a ship.
Yup, I do the same - in fact, I often keep a craptain on my Skank for just such occasions (eg. drive-by boardings :P ) - I don't necessarily go looking for one, I just don't fire the last rubbish one unless I need the room...
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”