Spacefly egg collection (4.30)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

Spacefly egg collection (4.30)

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 10:09

Hi!
I crafted a Spacefly egg collection before getting actual treasure hunt mission for it
Spoiler
Show
(for crafting Repeater Mk3)
Now I can't get that treasure hunt mission at all, I went through numerous sectors and can't see it in bulletin boards..
Is it possible that game now never offers this mission as I crafted it already, or I am just unlucky so far?
Thanks!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 10:21

Those missions don't show up in the bulletin board, you have to find it on the station's hull, so to speak. Unfortunately, since the icon visibility range has been reduced, this means this is not harder work - you have to get up close to the stations and fly around to examine all the available icons (the one you want is of the light-bulb sort, unless I'm mistaken.) On the other hand, you can see this as an opportunity for a little sight-seeing, getting to know station exteriors better, and perhaps fill in some missing station info...

To your other question: unless the mechanics of the mission offering/completing have changed, you should be able to still find that mission, as you can always keep repeating it for the money reward instead of the guns, too (however, if you end up with spare spacefly egg collections, it's simpler to just sell them to a vendor, I think it's the space farmers that buy those, and you get ~20M credits for each one - I once kept getting so many of those eggs in Last Stand, that I didn't stop until they stopped dropping, then got me the gun and some 60M credits all in one go.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 10:33

RAVEN.myst wrote:Those missions don't show up in the bulletin board, you have to find it on the station's hull, so to speak. ..
Thanks a million!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 11:37

Good hunting! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 01:02

Easiest way to "find" the icon, now that they made it so painful, is to go to the smallest compact station that you can find, and try there.
Spoiler
Show
Specifically, Albion, Lookout Alpha, Dormant Bear has a single PMC base on an asteroid, and it offers 2 missions, which are really easy to see if you hover slightly above the station. It takes significantly less time to set yourself in position right above the station at the minimum distance that allows SETA, and speed time with SETA to let the mission offers cycle through until you get your Treasure Hunt, than it takes to fly randomly around Egosoft's giant stations looking for a tiny icon in a sea of red, yellow, and blue-colored station parts.

If PMC is red, then Albion, Far Out, Exhaustless Mines has an HoA station-on-asteroid that may offer the mission too. I don't know if that one is guaranteed to have 2 missions offered at all times, though.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”