a Small ode' to X-rebirth...

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Did you play and enjoy X-Rebirth regardless of the differences?

Yes
60%
No
10%
Yes and No
30%

Total votes: 60

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 15:57

StDragon wrote:I vote "NO". Every day the game is going worse for me. At the beginning i enjoyed at 20-30 fps, ok. Bad but ok. But now, with 4.30 and 5 years later, it runs at 9 fps with even a better PC. I give up, i'm tired of this.
You've not made any posts in Tech Support about this. We can't help you if you don't tell us you're having problems. Please give us the opportunity to find out why you are having problems that most other people are not. Remember to provide a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report and indicate whether or not your game is modified.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 22:44

StDragon wrote:I vote "NO". Every day the game is going worse for me. At the beginning i enjoyed at 20-30 fps, ok. Bad but ok. But now, with 4.30 and 5 years later, it runs at 9 fps with even a better PC. I give up, i'm tired of this.
Are you running mods?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 13:29

Please don't pursue discussion of StDragon's fps issue here now that they have a Tech Sp forum thread. (Anyway, CBJ had already asked about whether it was a modded game - and it turns out it was.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 20:36

Alan Phipps wrote:Please don't pursue discussion of StDragon's fps issue here now that they have a Tech Sp forum thread. (Anyway, CBJ had already asked about whether it was a modded game - and it turns out it was.)

Ahh.. ok was not aware of that.. was trying to help him... Thanks for the heads up.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Wed, 25. Apr 18, 12:21

Mostly "yes", but everytime I encounter a bug or something totaly illogical I am back at the "no" part. I mean I am still getting stuck in structures. Capital shps, even with MODs are still not what I would expect. And I have given up on giving orders to any of my traders, I just use Yet Another trader and let the credits roll.
But even with all this I bought the HoL three days ago and started a new game. Just doing a little exploring and saving for my first destroyer.
The problem is there are not any games similar to X series. And I have played X2 and X3 ad nauseum :-) I have bought Elite Dangerous in a sale, but after seeing some gameplays it does not look like a game to catch me.
I really hope X4 gets us back to times of X2 and X3.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Uncle Benis
x4

Post by Uncle Benis » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 10:28

Yes and No.
The game aside from a few select bits is well and truly awful with its lack of automation, terrible AI, constantly glitching out story scripts and a bunch of straight nonsensical design decisions like locking away SETA and jumpdrive and giving you an absolutely useless autopilot that cannot navigate highways or use boost. Everything you have to do constantly is needlessly ponderous and boring and repetetive and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive and also incredibly time consuming to the point I spent more time in this game in downtime just to wait for the cap to arrive at its destination than I ever spent idling waiting for UTs to bring in the dosh in X3. Playing XR felt more like waiting for the next action point to drop in your favourite mobile game than it felt playing a videogame.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 10:10

Uncle Benis wrote:Yes and No.
The game aside from a few select bits is well and truly awful with its lack of automation, terrible AI, constantly glitching out story scripts and a bunch of straight nonsensical design decisions like locking away SETA and jumpdrive and giving you an absolutely useless autopilot that cannot navigate highways or use boost. Everything you have to do constantly is needlessly ponderous and boring and repetetive and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive and also incredibly time consuming to the point I spent more time in this game in downtime just to wait for the cap to arrive at its destination than I ever spent idling waiting for UTs to bring in the dosh in X3. Playing XR felt more like waiting for the next action point to drop in your favourite mobile game than it felt playing a videogame.
What a load of rubbish, most of it is simply untrue. The autopilot has no difficulty at all navigating the highway network &, while it is true it doesn't automatically activate boosters, nevertheless manual operation of boosters is entirely possible while autopilot is active. This is by far the best option in my opinion - certainly would not want the autopilot to automatically drain shields (by activating boosters) every time I turned it on.

In regards to automation - plenty of it, practically every ship I own runs automatically, whether it's freighters & miners I've assigned to stations, the warships I have patrolling key zones, or the freighters in my own squad conducting trade directly under my command (really love the queued trading system in XR, vast improvement over the paper notes I had to keep when MORTing in previous games). For more automation, if desired, there are also several mods available which replicate those in previous X games - particularly fond of MitchTech Station Logistics which does a good job of replicating the CLS mod from X3.

As for repetition, there's a lot of that in all X games & XR is far from the most repetitive gameplay I've experieced in an X game. Think that award would go to the Hub plot in TC. First time I did it ended up building a chip complex with 104 chip plants, along with all the food factories & SPPs they required, & another 4 vast complexes elsewhere to supply all the silicon & crystals the main complex needed. Took many weeks to build it all, often at <1fps, couldn't even begin to guess how often I saw the station building animation in all that time... (note: despite that, TC Hub plot remains one of my favourite plots in any X game).

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”