Pick up dropped ware containers ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

Pick up dropped ware containers ?

Post by exogenesis » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 22:28

Got a dropped crate in front of me with 71 novadrones, so decided to try to collect it.

Got a Titurel in sector with both types of collection drones (scoop & surface).

Drone bay is fully repaired.

Want the titurel to pick up the crate, but can't see an order to to this.

Maybe too much cargo space used? so how do I tell the titurel to drop it's cargo ?

container

titurel stats

Either I've forgotten how to do this - long time since I needed to,
or something' isn't possible here for some reason...

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 23:23

Containers are picked with cargo drones, so you need some equipped to your ships.

You also need to make sure the ship has the right cargo type, but in your case the titurel is universal, so it's not an issue.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Pick up dropped ware containers ?

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 05:16

exogenesis wrote:Got a dropped crate in front of me with 71 novadrones, so decided to try to collect it.

Got a Titurel in sector with both types of collection drones (scoop & surface).

Drone bay is fully repaired.

Want the titurel to pick up the crate, but can't see an order to to this.

Maybe too much cargo space used? so how do I tell the titurel to drop it's cargo ?

container

titurel stats

Either I've forgotten how to do this - long time since I needed to,
or something' isn't possible here for some reason...
Hi,

1) you can't order another ship to drop cargo. Unfortunate, but true.

2) There is a "freight scanner mode" via Enter-1-2, but it says to "mark containers with Strg" which unfortunately fires at them. So if you get this working, please share your experience.

cu
Rainer

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 11:47

RainerPrem wrote: 2) There is a "freight scanner mode" via Enter-1-2, but it says to "mark containers with Strg" which unfortunately fires at them. So if you get this working, please share your experience.
After targeting the crate, It will say 'TAG' on the screen. Press F and a something will fly out of the Skunk to the target.

On joystick button I have set to target an object, if I am in 'Freight Scanner Mode', clicking twice it will do the targeting and the 'F' key.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 12:20

@ exogenesis: First the Titurel needs to be added to the Skunk's squad and it will then start to boost or fly to the Skunk's location which should be near to the crate. Then the Skunk needs to be put into the specific 'cargo collect' mode. Then you tag the crate (double-left-click on the crate works too) and the Titurel will immediately send a cargohauler to collect it from wherever it is then.

Make sure the Titurel has finished boosting and is reasonably close to the Skunk, say less than 8 km, before you tag the crate. Having said that, the Titurel seems as slow when normal flying in zone as a cargohauler, but at least it reduces the return trip for the drone.

The real problem is getting all this done before the crate times-out and self-destructs.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 13:10

Martin Head wrote:
RainerPrem wrote: 2) There is a "freight scanner mode" via Enter-1-2, but it says to "mark containers with Strg" which unfortunately fires at them. So if you get this working, please share your experience.
After targeting the crate, It will say 'TAG' on the screen. Press F and a something will fly out of the Skunk to the target.

On joystick button I have set to target an object, if I am in 'Freight Scanner Mode', clicking twice it will do the targeting and the 'F' key.
Hi,

ah, yes, I'll try that. On the other hand, keeping one universal freighter at hand for picking up containers sounds not really profitable. It might be necessary when you try to find fusion reactors and Reinforced Metal Plating without the HoL DLC early on.

cu
Rainer

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 16:07

As Alan said:

Add Titurel (with cargo drones) to squad.
Order Titurel to your position.
Go into Freight Scanner Mode Enter-1-2.
Tag the containers by double-clicking them when in that mode.

Titurel will launch drones as soon as you tag them, and they fly at very slow speeds, so make sure the Titurel is close to the container before tagging.

Keeping one freighter at hand for picking up containers isn't all that profitable. But such containers do happen as a result of pirate or HoA-vs.-PMC attacks. Keeping one freighter at hand or available for "trade" missions, on the other hand, is much more profitable than an auto-trader. Bonus if you collect raw materials like Plasma or Ions that are otherwise not sold and somewhat hard to find; instead of selling them via a trade, keep them for a mission hand-in, and you'll make million credits instead of 50k.

Regarding Fusion Reactors / Reinforced Metal Plating:
Spoiler
Show
The NPC stations producing these have halted production because they are missing, or have very low levels, of one key material. Find the stations, and view the production details, and you'll see. Manually order one freighter to buy out a full load of what's needed (for each station), and sell to them, and the reactors and RMP will appear for sale in quantity.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 16:20

I noticed sometimes cargo pickup gets bugged when switching to freight pickup mode. I wanted to fire tags but it wouldn't do it. I had to restart game in order for it to work....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 23:14

OK got the container onto the titurel,
thanks for all the help - esp. Alan - very clear instructions :)

Goodness only know what I'm going to do with these Novadrones,
since it seems nobody's buying them,
& I can't equip them to the Skunk direct...

Oh well, mini-objectives 'n all that

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 02:11

DOH! Sorry, wasn't thinking. Skunk can hold 170 missiles, including Novadrones. You could have made some room (by selling other missiles to the Arms Dealers) then grabbed the container with the Skunk itself, then sold all of those to Arms Dealers. They're high-priced missiles.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 03:07

Please note that there are two types of novadrone containers.

-1 is red (skunk missile) and can be picked up by the skunk
-the other is a standard container (huge and grey), and is freight. They can be equipped to balors and other capships, but have to be carried by trade ships. The skunk cannot hold them.

As for nobody buying them, welcome to the broken economy of missiles in XR. :D
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 05:32

ajax34i wrote:DOH! Sorry, wasn't thinking. Skunk can hold 170 missiles, including Novadrones. You could have made some room (by selling other missiles to the Arms Dealers) then grabbed the container with the Skunk itself, then sold all of those to Arms Dealers. They're high-priced missiles.
Hint: Only containers encircled in blue can be picked up by the Skunk. Even if the name of the missiles (and other products) is the same, the Skunk can't transport them.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”