Construction URVs on unmovable Construction Ship

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Retrox
x4

Construction URVs on unmovable Construction Ship

Post by Retrox » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 18:09

How can i get Construction URVs on my Construction Ship, that is 'part' of a station (= I can move it anymore)? With the help of occational Xenon patrols, it only has 3 pieces atm and upgrades the station slowly. I assume a snail would be faster...
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Construction URVs on unmovable Construction Ship

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 18:43

Retrox wrote:How can i get Construction URVs on my Construction Ship, that is 'part' of a station (= I can move it anymore)? With the help of occational Xenon patrols, it only has 3 pieces atm and upgrades the station slowly. I assume a snail would be faster...
The same way you get all materials to the ship. From another one, which has them. Note that there are several options, because those URVs can be either in the cargo or in the drone ramp. On both ships, that makes 4 different transfer options in each direction.

If the game doesn't offer you to "outfit with drones", the drone ramp is damaged and has to be repaired first, which will be very slow as long as all URVs are in use.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 20:06

The new CURVs won't be used until the module build order issued *after* they have been successfully fully transferred as drones from another ship to the CV.

In other words you need to complete the current module at the current slow rate AND get the new CURVs transferred as drones and docked at the CV ready for use before you give the next module build order - otherwise they won't help with it and you will stay on the slow rate for the next module too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 08:35

Is is a dumb question to ask, why there is no script that checks every x minutes, if there are new drones available?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 11:17

That's not a dumb question at all, but there just isn't one and probably won't be now (unless it's modded in). This was a well-known potential issue (and known to the devs) through several update versions.

Perhaps another question is why a CV would have so few CURVs installed when bought. It must be intended for station construction after all.

I suppose the answer is that most players have the means to transfer more in before any construction starts, and that requiring them pre-installed would add to the cost and time for CV construction - especially where resources are scarce such as in DeVries.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 05:41

Alan Phipps wrote: ...

Perhaps another question is why a CV would have so few CURVs installed when bought. It must be intended for station construction after all.

Hi,

I see the "1"s as the default for drone counts only as a placeholder and reminder to decide about buying more even before finishing the build.

But since the game floods me with unwanted hints ("a mechanic can improve your scanner") there could be better and more helpful hints about the drone usage for station buying.

just my 0.02 creditsss
Rainer

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 08:00

RainerPrem wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote: ...

Hi,

I see the "1"s as the default for drone counts only as a placeholder and reminder to decide about buying more even before finishing the build.

But since the game floods me with unwanted hints ("a mechanic can improve your scanner") there could be better and more helpful hints about the drone usage for station buying.

just my 0.02 creditsss
Rainer
Personally wish there were a way to turn off those hints. Devs never game us a in game option in the option menu to turn them off. I mean sure they make sense for a first time playthrough with someone learning the mechanics but after that it's just plain annoying.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 11:41

Requiemfang wrote: Personally wish there were a way to turn off those hints. Devs never game us a in game option in the option menu to turn them off. I mean sure they make sense for a first time playthrough with someone learning the mechanics but after that it's just plain annoying.
Hi,

I think the repetition of certain hints is a bug in the game, since most of them are only shown once.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”