Suggestions post 4.30

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Suggestions post 4.30

Post by Axeface » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 03:48

I've been playing Rebirth lately, lots of improvements have been made in 4.3.
I have some suggestions for improvements, I really hope that Rebirth will see at least one or two more patches to polish it.
Anyways, not sure where to post this but here, so here goes.

-'Thanks for defending our station' messages
Remove this message and allow a maximum of 1 station to award a trade agent every minute or so - this way the player will recieve a max of 1 npc contact per X minutes no matter how many enemies they destroy, or how many stations are nearby (still display the +rep message, or even add them all together into one? instead of 10 +1 rep messages, 1 +10 rep message? Just no direct npc contact for this).

-I believe that highways would be MUCH more enjoyable if collision didnt happen at all.
Therefore, please make all traffic travel at exactly the same speed. Perhaps allow the skunk to use boost to get a little more speed than others and overtake?
PS: The seamless highways-to-superhighways in HoL are very, very cool.

-Disable mouse control automatically when the player enters a highway (from personal experience of showing people I know this game, this would be a good change).

-Superhighways are too fast, you cant even take in the sights because they are over so quickly. The original 'gameplay' of superhighways has been completely removed, so why not make them enjoyable sight-seeing?
Please slow them down a little and remove the dangerzones too. The music is not fitting anymore either, as it was composed for very different gameplay.

-Menu and control lockout during npc/player speech.
I'de say this is the biggest quality-of-life issue left with the game. Please make it so if I call an npc from space for example, it goes directly to their menu screen without waiting for them to finish speaking (In Menus>Side Console mode). This kind of quality of life change could be applied all over the game, like when clicking 'goodbye' in a chat (trade updates from station managers being especially problematic).

-Station icon ranges.
You reduced station icon ranges, this declutters the screen but makes the unpopular station scanning even worse.
Can you increase the range at which we can target and 'detect' an icon the same range as icon visibility? So we can point-at and detect an icon the instant we see it. Also, perhaps make it so in 'Station Scanning mode' we have increased range on both icon visibility AND detection.

-Please let us move Architech from CV's to station and delete or reuse the CV's.

-'Show me your <X> please'.
Dont think I have to explain this one - needs revision.

-'Show me your skills please' options.
Why does this even appear on the radial menu if the player can't see the skills? Perhaps make npc's say 'no' if they are just going to display a worthless screen of ???'s?

-Could we get an option to move all the menus when in Menus>HUD mode to the center of the screen? They are all alligned to top left.

Cheers

Malamadre

Post by Malamadre » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 09:13

I hope for some of those changes too. Especially the lock on the menu when npcs are speaking...

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 17:01

Agree with all except station icon range, I like the shorter range. Increased info point popup and recognition in station scan mode would be nice though.

For me, the number one irritation at the moment is the message spam. Being completely locked out of any interactions while some madman is going on about some insignificant bla bla and not being able to do anything.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 17:29

MrFiction wrote:Agree with all except station icon range, I like the shorter range. Increased info point popup and recognition in station scan mode would be nice though.

For me, the number one irritation at the moment is the message spam. Being completely locked out of any interactions while some madman is going on about some insignificant bla bla and not being able to do anything.
You like the shorter range of visibilty they added, or having to get 3 times closer than visible range to 'discover' an icon? Youde be against changing it so as soon as they are visible (at the current 4.3 range) you can already point at them and discover?

lyonhaert
x3tc

Re: Suggestions post 4.30

Post by lyonhaert » Tue, 6. Feb 18, 19:20

Axeface wrote:-I believe that highways would be MUCH more enjoyable if collision didnt happen at all.
Therefore, please make all traffic travel at exactly the same speed. Perhaps allow the skunk to use boost to get a little more speed than others and overtake?
PS: The seamless highways-to-superhighways in HoL are very, very cool.
I like going faster than everybody else, but there are a couple highways where I seem to go several times faster than everybody else rather than other highways. They're short, though, and I just have to remember to pull back on the throttle. I think a better solution would be to drastically reduce the "bounce" factor when you hit something. This would make those bumps far less dramatic, and would likely mean not getting bounced and spun about like flubber if I dock with a Rahanas.
Axeface wrote:-Disable mouse control automatically when the player enters a highway (from personal experience of showing people I know this game, this would be a good change).
I have to disagree with this one. The user should be able to anticipate changes to the controls and there really isn't a good way to warn of this upfront and notifications are ugly. As a pilot, I want that control over my vehicle and I simply developed a habit of being aware of my mode (because I switch between the steering modes a lot anyway with the spacebar).

Edit: I did, however, find a mod that does this on Steam. You're definitely not alone in wanting these, even if I don't want it.
Axeface wrote:-Menu and control lockout during npc/player speech.
This would be nice. I think the goodbyes blocking is the worst, but knowing your menu path and hitting the buttons rapidly (pre-empting the audio) seems to be a workaround. For example, when looking at the skills of a Captain, I can hit [2] to Comm and then immediately hit [5] to 'Show me your skills' and it skips past their greeting. Quick use of [Esc] seems to avoid goodbye messages. I need to try this in other menus, too.
Axeface wrote:-Station icon ranges.
You reduced station icon ranges, this declutters the screen but makes the unpopular station scanning even worse.
Can you increase the range at which we can target and 'detect' an icon the same range as icon visibility? So we can point-at and detect an icon the instant we see it. Also, perhaps make it so in 'Station Scanning mode' we have increased range on both icon visibility AND detection.
For this I use ButterRanges. Still have to fly around the parts of the station, but I can scan at around 2km now. So the station scan grind/chore is still there, but more leisurely.
Axeface wrote:-Could we get an option to move all the menus when in Menus>HUD mode to the center of the screen? They are all alligned to top left.
I think the entire point of the HUD version is that you can still see in front of the ship. Putting it in the middle of that view defeats that purpose.

Edit: The large mode for the HUD menu seems to help a bit, even if it's not centered. I suppose it depends on your resolution.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 20:50

I have another suggestion...

After thousand hours of playtime i need some options to order my own property menù.
I had to adopt a "punk solution" to overcome this problem.

One example here (stations) or here (ships)

I had to use some names to get the list sorted....

I would like the sorting function to be included as standard in the menu, please!! :)

Thank you for listening and sorry for googled english ^_^u

Edit: And pleaseee improved the selection of hundreds and hundreds of ships together!!!
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 14:11

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:I have another suggestion...

After thousand hours of playtime i need some options to order my own property menù.
I had to adopt a "punk solution" to overcome this problem.

One example here (stations) or here (ships)

I had to use some names to get the list sorted....

I would like the sorting function to be included as standard in the menu, please!! :)

Thank you for listening and sorry for googled english ^_^u

Edit: And pleaseee improved the selection of hundreds and hundreds of ships together!!!
Just started playing XR, and your solution to organising the ships is clever - alpha numeric, it's not ideal, but it's a good start, so I'm gonna use it :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”