Endless stream of Reivers

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

Endless stream of Reivers

Post by MrFiction » Mon, 12. Feb 18, 16:30

Playing in free mode I was passing through Torrid Veil (if I remember correctly) in DeVries.

Some Reivers were attacking the lonely station there. I joined in on the fun and starting wasting the Reiver dolmech (?) squads and other groups of small Reiver ships. I destroyed countless and had to take a short trip in the local highway to recharge my shields after a while. On very hard even small ships can drain your shields quickly.

Anyway, this went on and on, much like a lottery in Nipton. I spent over 30 minutes shooting down ships while more kept appearing. Anyone else had this or is it a bug? Reminds a bit of the Xenon core sectors in X3 where endless streams of Xenon ships spawn out of thin air.

ajime
x4

Re: Endless stream of Reivers

Post by ajime » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 07:49

MrFiction wrote:Playing in free mode I was passing through Torrid Veil (if I remember correctly) in DeVries.

Some Reivers were attacking the lonely station there. I joined in on the fun and starting wasting the Reiver dolmech (?) squads and other groups of small Reiver ships. I destroyed countless and had to take a short trip in the local highway to recharge my shields after a while. On very hard even small ships can drain your shields quickly.

Anyway, this went on and on, much like a lottery in Nipton. I spent over 30 minutes shooting down ships while more kept appearing. Anyone else had this or is it a bug? Reminds a bit of the Xenon core sectors in X3 where endless streams of Xenon ships spawn out of thin air.
Named sectors tend to have spawned ships, so yeah It's not a bug, its a feature.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 15:50

That makes sense, if a squad is supposed to always exist on patrol. I noticed in Verdant Profit that the Marauder Phoenixes get replaced pretty quickly. Might also be an extra Phoenix or two (but it could also be that their cycles of plundering and unloading are more synced up because of my actions and I just wasn't seeing all of them at the same time before).

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 13. Feb 18, 20:39

Come to think of it, I almost never find habitations in Barren Heart without some Reivers attacking. I've never come across a stream of them like you did though, that sounds like a lot of fun.

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Thu, 8. Mar 18, 12:29

I guess it is also a matter of the game mode.
I play very hard - and I have too much of this spams!

Every time I pass by, I see mass of Reivers attacking this poor stations.
I makes no sense. The stations must have been already destroyed - all over, that's it - no more stations. Finish. Reivers may go home, take a rest.

If the Reivers really have such force to attack in mass at same time many of this unimportant stations - why they not overrun the hole system?

It is really boring and it sucks, because it just takes off CPU power!
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 9. Mar 18, 02:28

astreus wrote:I guess it is also a matter of the game mode.
I play very hard - and I have too much of this spams!

Every time I pass by, I see mass of Reivers attacking this poor stations.
I makes no sense. The stations must have been already destroyed - all over, that's it - no more stations. Finish. Reivers may go home, take a rest.

If the Reivers really have such force to attack in mass at same time many of this unimportant stations - why they not overrun the hole system?

It is really boring and it sucks, because it just takes off CPU power!
it's human nature to pew pew and stomp in an overpowered ship. that's why in general most find it exhilarating. it would be bad if reivers had to buy ships from shipyard to make assaults. they can't produce as fast as you kill them then :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”