Trading ship stuck waiting for drones

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Trading ship stuck waiting for drones

Post by Mike Roberts » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 11:43

I have a Lyramekron stuck waiting for drones due to collect 900 reinforced metal plating that I am not keen to cancel! It has been there for 10s of hours. I have tried going OOS and OOZ, adding it to my squad and dismissing it. Both my ship and the station have cargo drones available and I have traded other items from the same station with another ship.
Suggestions welcome.
Thank you. Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 15:22

Does the station still have the RMP that were meant to be traded? (Reserved trades do sometimes break down due to damage to station storage etc or from planned delivery failures.)

Are you well OOZ/OOS from the trade in progress? (It sometimes helps.)

Moving to XR Universe (gameplay) forum from Tech Sp just for now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 16:57

Alan

Yes it does have the RMP in storage. This is a JSS Mil Hi-Tech Dept so not sure if own requirements might reduce this. Yes I was well away and did several hard missions to consume some time.

Anything else I can check?

Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 17:15

How many cargolifters does the Lyramekron say are in use?

If you have recently saved, can you cancel the trade order and then quickly get it from the station offers again (even if with a different ship)?

Oh, obvious questions, does the ship have enough free cargospace for 900 RMP, and do you have the credits to pay for it all?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 05:20

Alan Phipps wrote:How many cargolifters does the Lyramekron say are in use?

If you have recently saved, can you cancel the trade order and then quickly get it from the station offers again (even if with a different ship)?

Oh, obvious questions, does the ship have enough free cargospace for 900 RMP, and do you have the credits to pay for it all?
Hi,

And the obligatory missing question is: Which mods are installed?

PS: Can it be that the Lyramekron's drone bay has been damaged and is still not repaired? How many stars has your engineer?

cu
Rainer

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 16:04

No cargolifters are in use. There are 79 available. The station also shows no cargo lifters in use.
There are no mods/edits.
Ships crew are all 5*.
There is plenty of space and I have plenty of credits.
Cancelling the order did not lead to RMP being made available for sale.

Mike

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 22:00

"Cancelling the order did not lead to RMP being made available for sale." That was probably your issue in that the 900 RMP promised were no longer surplus and for sale to your ship. If any of them of them had been, there would have been a new offer straight after your cancellation, although it probably would not hang around for long once NPCs start to snap it up.

Mike Roberts
x3tc

Post by Mike Roberts » Tue, 20. Feb 18, 00:25

Alan
Thank you - will try to collect faster in future!
Mike

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 10:13

I have seen this a few times too in my current 4.30 vanilla game.

In all instances during my game my trade ship has always been a distance from the station, further away than the normal docking distance (as viewed using the map from OOS|OOZ).

I also suspect that this issue can be created somewhat predictably when entering trades to the ship queue.

EG:

..trying to get a scarce ware, I've put in an order to buy all shown of a ware and quickly look again for more to buy and sometimes there will be a little bit more avail from the same source station, in at least once case this lead to that trader ending up in the 'waiting for drones' state.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 16:52

"... and sometimes there will be a little bit more avail from the same source station ..".

Are you sure it is really a little bit more for sale and not in fact a replacement trade offer with a greatly reduced total trade amount available that means that your original agreed and 'reserved' trade may now fail?

I'm sure that has happened to me in vanilla, where the original trade would fail if left running, but cancelling it and accepting the now reduced offer amount (with no other larger offers turning up after the cancelled trade) often works OK. I'm not saying that this is the case every time, just that I seem to remember it happening that way at least a few times with rare or quickly bought-out wares.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 01:14

I can't be sure what is happening. Most often a normal dump of a ware onto the market based on the production line(s) being bought leads to the ware being off the market.

I know the like production lines are often in sync at a single station though, that is the reason I followup checking the ware again for a couple times if my trade ship has the queue space.

In the instances I can recall, the second tiny amount of the ware that sometimes shows is at the same market price % as the first, larger trade.. which would be another issue in itself maybe. A sell offer of 3-4 of a ware should certainly not be at the same % as one for 400-500 (like RMP).

I suppose that maybe it's that the initial buy order I submit was invalidated during the time it took me to initiate the trade.. but for some reason the trade is accepted anyhow then the follow up is as you're saying, all there is actually.

Problem is that in the cases I can recall, the first larger trade is actually being carried out.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”