Back online with Rebirth. Any advice?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GoatseMan
xr

Back online with Rebirth. Any advice?

Post by GoatseMan » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 12:35

Got a new PC, tried to start again with Rebirth. I was one of the unlucky souls that bought it via early access and ended up with an unplayable abortion of a game. Besides that, the game works now. A couple of newbie questions:

Campaign start, trading seems useless. I earn way more stealing from stations and scavenging for debris. Any advice?

I got caught with some medical supplies. The ship just jettisoned them, but now Plutarch is angry with me (rep -10), everything looks red and nobody wants to trade with me. Is there any way to get them back to neutral? Is this useful? I am at the point where you must use the jumpgate, so Plutarch will hate me anyways.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Back online with Rebirth. Any advice?

Post by RainerPrem » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 14:33

GoatseMan wrote:Got a new PC, tried to start again with Rebirth. I was one of the unlucky souls that bought it via early access and ended up with an unplayable abortion of a game. Besides that, the game works now. A couple of newbie questions:

Campaign start, trading seems useless. I earn way more stealing from stations and scavenging for debris. Any advice?

I got caught with some medical supplies. The ship just jettisoned them, but now Plutarch is angry with me (rep -10), everything looks red and nobody wants to trade with me. Is there any way to get them back to neutral? Is this useful? I am at the point where you must use the jumpgate, so Plutarch will hate me anyways.
Hi,

trading starts working as soon as you have enough trade agents keeping you informed about opportunities from different stations. Trading is soon becoming the main source of income during a "normal" game.

You can get reputation by shooting mass traffic marked as "enemy" or other enemies near the stations of PMC.

OTOH your reputation with PMC will anyway go down during the main plot, and you can start improving it when the plot is finished. The final reputation is always the same regardless what you did until then.

cu
Rainer

GoatseMan
xr

Post by GoatseMan » Sun, 25. Feb 18, 19:08

OK, thanks. So, I must go around the stations until I find somebody willing to chitchat, and ask him to give updates. How do they work?

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 02:57

GoatseMan wrote:OK, thanks. So, I must go around the stations until I find somebody willing to chitchat, and ask him to give updates. How do they work?
Depends on your luck with rng. i tend to loiter around barracks or places that has more of them i guess.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 05:21

GoatseMan wrote:OK, thanks. So, I must go around the stations until I find somebody willing to chitchat, and ask him to give updates. How do they work?
You need someone whom you can *not* hire. I always land on the "free market" pad first. because there is a group of up to six mostly inventory traders sitting on the benches close to the entry.

Once you have a trade agent (visual by an eye in the zone map), you always have all trade offers of this station in your "best buy/sell" lists (Enter-6). You can get always the best trade by sorting the "best trades" list (Shift-Z) by profit and select the topmost entry for each ship.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”