A way to reset NPC Construction ships orders?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dholmstr

A way to reset NPC Construction ships orders?

Post by dholmstr » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 08:37

This is mostly about when the NPC builds stations and the construction ship gets blown up at some point. In my case it's in DeVrie. The ship gets replaced but it never builds more parts of the station part of the one that was allready building.
Is there a way to get those lazy bastards to continue building those stations? Are they supposed to be built all the way? I know they are scripted in after you done some missions.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: A way to reset NPC Construction ships orders?

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 09:22

dholmstr wrote:This is mostly about when the NPC builds stations and the construction ship gets blown up at some point. In my case it's in DeVrie. The ship gets replaced but it never builds more parts of the station part of the one that was allready building.
Is there a way to get those lazy bastards to continue building those stations? Are they supposed to be built all the way? I know they are scripted in after you done some missions.
Hi,

as far as I know you have no chance in an unmodded game. You might look for a mod in the relevant subforum.

cu
Rainer

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Re: A way to reset NPC Construction ships orders?

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 13:33

dholmstr wrote:This is mostly about when the NPC builds stations and the construction ship gets blown up at some point. In my case it's in DeVrie. The ship gets replaced but it never builds more parts of the station part of the one that was allready building.
Hi!

I think you speak about Water Distillery in 42 / Fiendish Moloch zone, or Staples Farmery in Vapour Stream zone.

Anyway you can try this solution...

- Buy a CV.
- Until the CV is still yours put inside the necessary resources to continue the construction of the station module (Bio-Optic Wiring, Turret, Furion Reactors, etc , you can check resources needed in the game pedia).
- Associate the CV to the station.
- Go away from the sector (Barren Heart for example).
- Wait if something work

Tell us if you solve! ;)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 13:39

Why would putting my ship to a station, that is not mine, start building? Don't get me wrong I'll prolly try it out just to see. But I can't assign my ships to a NPC station. Yes you are right KiLLaLoT, those are the stations + the shipyard.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 16:40

i dont know how far the Stations are built in your Game, but yes it is intentional that they are not fully extended. Only the base Station and one Extension for each is planned iirc.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 17:26

you can however(if not fixed by some patch) board the CV and give new buildorders yourself.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 17:27

One reason for that lack of full extensions may be that station building by NPCs takes so very long because of AI resourcing and management limitations (especially if in DV).

IIRC, while building remains in process all ships are excluded from visiting the station itself (just the CV remains accessible outside the notional 'red box') and so the station is effectively useless for trade and production until all scheduled building processes are completed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 17:34

Alan Phipps wrote:One reason for that lack of full extensions may be that station building by NPCs takes so very long because of AI resourcing and management limitations (especially if in DV).

IIRC, while building remains in process all ships are excluded from visiting the station itself (just the CV remains accessible outside the notional 'red box') and so the station is effectively useless for trade and production until all scheduled building processes are completed.
nope, the blocked Area is just prior to beginning building/extensions that the Construction is not placed inside a Ship. When the Area is clear Construction begins and the Block is removed. Same for extensions - the Area has to be cleared only at beginning of Construction. after that the new Parts already have their Collision Meshes, albeit not yet completely visible visually..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 26. Feb 18, 19:49

OK, thanks for the info. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”