buying and selling adjustments.... confused..

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rafezetter
x3

buying and selling adjustments.... confused..

Post by rafezetter » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 17:41

I've just started to play this game for the first time and I've read about the buying and selling adjustments and if I'm reading it right all the +% adjustments means HIGHER than base price, and the -% means LESS than base price, which leads me to the next bit

Almost all the "offers" I'm getting are the wrong way around?

All the "selling" offers have +% adjustments (higher than base price)

and the "buying" are -% (less than base price)

This is even true when I to the smalltalk to get a "discount".

I've been to a whole bunch of different areas and through gates to different sectors and it's all the ssme; so what am I missing / not understanding?

This makes no sense to me at all.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 21:16

Use the 'Deals' trade menu item to cut out some of the confusion. Side-scroll to your suitable trade ship with cargospace that you want to use and select either Sector, System or Galaxy deals. The wider the net, the better the deals offered (but see paragraph below) but also the more travelling and risks (of losing the deal and/or of being attacked) for your trade ship. Remember that this deal means two separate journeys, dockings and trades for first buying and then selling.

Remember that the trade deals and offers pages only look at station parts that you have fairly recently visited/scanned or if you have a permanent Trade Agent for the entire station. That may be why you are seeing only poor deals so far.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lyonhaert
x3tc

Post by lyonhaert » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 22:28

Somewhat spoiler tip for Teladi Outpost in regard to trading.
Spoiler
Show
Also, if you have Teladi Outpost, be careful of sending freighters to Teladi space (especially the Overwatch station in Verdant Profit). Just read both lines of system/sector/zone stuff at the bottom of the Trade Deal screen and you should be good. Combat ships will be fine there, though.

Carl Sumner
x4

Prices

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 01:57

Also note that the prices go up and down with supplies at the station, of ten more than the percentages. Look for stations with lots of what you want to buy, or not much of what you want to sell. These conditions tend to be common in some areas, so note where it was for later.

The sectors are in a bad recession when you start the game, so be ready to search.

You can also build factory stations (when you can) to use or supply what is there, and make Profitsss! 8-)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”