1st capping of a ship... marines and leader... vanished? Resolved - modded.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rafezetter
x3

1st capping of a ship... marines and leader... vanished? Resolved - modded.

Post by rafezetter » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 00:31

me again :)

I did do a forum search for this topic but came up with nothing relevant.

I'm using a mod "autocrew" - as I've only just started to play and figured it sounded like crewing ships was a lot of hassle and previous games required no crews to be recruited so it's lore persistent and not a cheat to my mind.

anyway - I just had my first successful boarding attempt and...

my 5 star marine (found by chance) and the 50 marines I bought have vanished.

in autocrew it says that the marine does the recruiting for boarded ships - but says nothing about what he does AFTER.

He's not on the skunk, I've looked all over the capped ship, and if I talk to a recruitment guy it shows I've got no marines.

Apparently without "autocrew" you can land on a captured ship and tell the marine officer to go back to the skunk - along with his marines, some of which might have gained a level.

Having autocrew sound like a very handy thing if I'm going to be building a fleet, but not if I have to buy 50 raw marines and a leader each time ...

anyone else had this problem and can suggest how to fix it?

seems like asking questions here is going to be a thing I'll be doing for a while... :)

I'm using NO OTHER MARINE MODS of any kind.

Update Edit: Ok I've just capped another ship with "autocrew" turned off and aaaand..... the new marine officer is nowhere to be found.

I can't find him to talk to him to return to the skunk.

is this REALLY how it is?

Ok the loss of the marine officers now isn't a big deal, but if I want to get to have Elite marine officers and marines.... just wth am I supposed to do?

NVM I found him..... oops

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 04:49

make sure the boarding resistance is low (smash the ships hull to below 15% generally and follow the instructions of yisha. Your recruits tend to die faster if you dont follow her nagging to blow up turrets / hack the target. takes a long time/cappings to grind those recruits to elite. Assuming they dont die that is.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: 1st capping of a ship... marines and leader... vanished?

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 05:27

rafezetter wrote:me again :)

NVM I found him..... oops
Grin!

After I boarded a ship I'm always doing the same things:
1) install the new crew
2) open the ship's info screen to look up status of jump drive and freight
3) maybe rename the ship
4) look through the current crew, recall the marine officer and tell the captain to refuel automatically.

It's kind of a ritual I force myself to go through always, so I don't forget anything.

cu
Rainer

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 14:53

The boarding I did as suggested and really hammered the hull - I managed to cap two titurels - lol with the help of some passing fighters, I was really worried they might kill it before the capping finished, so I'll leave a but more hull next time.

The marine officer I found in the ..... crew quarters..... who knew?

Haha I was like....omg I'm such a dumbass, I honestly didn't notice the door the other side of the bridge.

@Rainer - that seems like a good habit to follow - didn't know you could rename them in Rebirth, that'll help... I was comming them and seeing who's face I saw!!! (that would prolly have gotten real hard to keep track of, real fast) :lol:

BTW what's with the "not red" supercap (military presumably, LOTS of guns) ships attacking the sectors and bases?

This is before I go through the jumpgate the first time - is this part of it?

A Split copperhead (added in a mod) destroyed an entire zone and I saved the game last night with a different supercap (not split, that's all I know) taking out the zone next to it, I'm trying to help destroy it.

I know the other factions might have low rep, but where's the defence forces?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 15:29

To be honest we really don't want to discuss your modded gameplay here. It will just confuse new vanilla players looking here for advice and inspiration.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 17:37

I can understand you not wanting to talk about modded gameplay, but the only thing about the supercaps is the copperhead, the OTHER one in the other sector, well that's not me.

Are you saying that it's behaviour could be linked to a mod? If so I'd appreciate a heads up (here or PM or something) coz I don't really want supercaps destroying zones all the time.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 22:03

For any "heads up", you'll have to ask in the various mod threads (for the mods you're using) in the S&M forum. We really have no idea about the mods you're currently using.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 00:42

Nanook wrote:For any "heads up", you'll have to ask in the various mod threads (for the mods you're using) in the S&M forum. We really have no idea about the mods you're currently using.
Sorry - what I meant was - do supercap ships, the militaries of a faction, display behaviours whereby they will attack a zone and destroy it's fabs, in a VANILLA game?

It just seemed so odd that I've not even gone through the jumpgate and have less than 10 hours play in the game and two seperate faction supercaps - one was called a "heavy sul" systematically destroying 2 zones that were next to each other.

Pirate incursions by fighters sure, but this; this was carnage, and they were not even labelled "red".

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 04:13

They are not red to you doesn't mean they are not red to other factions. You will see a bunch of PMC Sul's shooting Riever's base at Black Pebble.
Then again in vanilla they/you can only try to kill stations but it'll never work :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 14:02

Maybe if you described the situation a bit more, such as which ships and faction are attacking what stations and faction in what zones, then we could tell you whether this is normal vanilla behaviour.

If for example it is indeed PMC capitals attacking Reiver bases then that is entirely normal as Reivers are the pirating enemies of just about every other faction they encounter.

BTW, I have never really considered either Heavy or Light Suls (drone carriers) as super-capitals. Wait until you meet a Xenon I or a Fulmekron!

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 15:25

Hi - thanks for the reply, but I think I've worked it out and yes it's a mod - the ship I attacked yesterday a heavy sul, was labelled BLL, which I later worked out was "Black Legion", which is a faction mod I added that sounded cool - a pirate faction that "that builds up a zone with bases and shipyard, and will EVENTUALLY, start roaming and attacking other areas".

I thought the emphasis was on "eventually" so that it would be another faction to shoot at later on - it seems the timing is off or something because it's now only 15 hours play and there have been three more incursions of these ships doing real damage to zones, so I'm going to remove it until later.

I think I saw an Olmekron last night, long & thin with engines at the front - yeah that's going to be interesting.

Appreciate the replies though, and the patience for someone getting into the game so late - scratching that itch that SC cannot, and ED... well that's another story.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Mar 18, 15:47

Glad it's sorted for you - but now you see why discussing modded gameplay here can be so misleading for other vanilla players.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”