- Request for a new feature - Combat menù for X Rebirth!!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

- Request for a new feature - Combat menù for X Rebirth!!

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 15. Mar 18, 21:53

Hi!

I would like to ask if it is possible to implement a new "combat menù" and a "sorting function", through the use of a part of the existing game feature. The "commercial menu".

In the commercial menu you can find the following items to allow the filtering/search of resources:

ALL - BULK - CONTAINER - ENERGY - LIQUID

DISTANCE - QUANTITY - ADJUSTMENT - PRICE - TOTAL

So I thought if it was possible to create a new menu dedicated only to combat by replacing the entries with:

ALL - GALAXY - SYSTEM - SECTOR - AREA

XS - S - M - L - XL

This would make it much easier to select groups of ships using the PLACE / SHIP combination to make an attack much more effective.

Obviously a menu like this must have the same characteristics of the menu of our properties, with the possibility to be able to select the naval fleets at the same time.

Also in the menu of our properties we should have the possibility to sort the station names using again the principle of
ALL - GALAXY - SYSTEM - SECTOR - AREA

What do you think? Is it possible to implement this function?
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 06:23

Hi,

as far as I see a better ship list is not only useful for Combat. Even the X3-Shiplist was far better than the bulky thing we have in XR.

There is also the complete lack of a searchable and filterable employee list. Admittedly due to missing individual marines that is not so important, but I certainly would like to assign newly found virtual trainings without clicking through a hundred ships and stations.

cu
Rainer

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Fri, 16. Mar 18, 12:14

RainerPrem wrote:Hi,

as far as I see a better ship list is not only useful for Combat. Even the X3-Shiplist was far better than the bulky thing we have in XR.
As you can read in my post, when you have more than 20 stations you may need to have a more "ordered" view of the stations/ships so you can view/select more easily between them.

As for the combat, having the ships ordered by galaxy / system / sector / area, would allow you to select much faster groups of ships that interest you to proceed to an attack.

For example:
If I have 4 groups of capital ships (L/XL) with 30 fighters in wing to patrol a sector, I could have the possibility to order all the XS vessels in this sector to attack the target first, then I could say to the L capital ships (belonging to the same wing) to attack and finally order the capital ship XL to complete the attack. In this way the orders will be given to every single unit of the wing without it having to be added to the player's squad...
In my experience I understand that the attacks are best done by giving the order to each unit instead of the wing, because the AI system works badly enough and with this feature you would eliminate the problem...

All this simply with 2 clicks to display only what interests you.

RainerPrem wrote:There is also the complete lack of a searchable and filterable employee list. Admittedly due to missing individual marines that is not so important, but I certainly would like to assign newly found virtual trainings without clicking through a hundred ships and stations.

cu
Rainer
This would be another menu that could help the gameplay a lot and it too could be implemented using the commercial menu structure

I think that with these three characteristics (sorting of various kinds, a menu for combat and a menu for the management of employees) X Rebirth could be much more interesting to play in the advanced stage of the game.

PS: Sorry for my english, I did everything with google and I hope you understand something :)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Wed, 21. Mar 18, 13:15

Hi!

Our friend modder Viento Solar has modified his excellent mod to insert the functions I had asked for!

You can take a look at this link :)

I hope that the Egosoft insert the code of this mod in the vanilla version of X Rebirth !!
HW Spec:
My X4 Steam screenshots.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”