General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Question regarding restricting wares

Post by Scoob » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 22:08

Hey all,

Is this working right?...

If I set a ware to Restricted=Yes the game is inconsistent regarding what it does. Sure, setting a ware as restricted will stop any NPC traders trying to buy from / sell to me, that's good. However, my own ships are different.

I.e. If I set a purchased ware to Restricted, the ships assigned to my station manager will not buy it. Period. However, when I set a produced ware to restricted, the assigned ships will still load it up and attempt to sell it to NPC stations.

From what I can recall the game didn't used to work this way. I'd regularly build a factory, restricting the produce, as I'd eventually build my own station that needed that produce. My ships never tried to sell these restricted wares to NPC's - until now.

My game is modded - though no explicit trade mods are installed - so perhaps it's one of those. However, as restrictions are a vanilla feature I thought I'd ask here first.

So, what is the correct behaviour re: restricted product ware and station-assigned ships?

Scoob.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 23:36

A possibly helpful thread here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 23:48

Alan Phipps wrote:A possibly helpful thread here.
Thanks.

It's weird, after collecting and selling more of my produce - literally every assigned freighter collected some - after I'd changed the settings, they never did it again.

It seems that when I change settings, the ships will still do one more run - irrespective of whether they were inward or outward bound at the time of the change - then only after that obey the settings. It's a little quirky but I guess it worked eventually.

Scoob.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 23:44

Thanks, Alan.

FYI in case not noticed: Since that thread was populated, the guidance on the wiki about settings for controlling how stations trade was moved to a separate page.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”