NPC Factions producing Construction Vessel

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sd_jasper
x4

NPC Factions producing Construction Vessel

Post by sd_jasper » Wed, 30. May 18, 18:16

So, something that I have never seen before happened last night when I was playing X Rebirth. I had started a new game over the weekend with a "base game" profile (no mods, no DLC), to get a feel for what mods I have are really changing...

Anyway, while playing I needed to get some drones on a captured XL ship, but the local shipyard was busy building... a Construction Vessel! I don't think I have ever seen this before. I've seen the CVs appear in DeVries after the main plot, but I wasn't sure that they didn't just spawn. And this wasn't a campaign game start.

I tried to get to that zone to land on the CV and see where it was going and what it was doing, but didn't get there in time. I might try tonight to load an older save and "camp" the shipyard to see if I can catch it.

This was a "Free Play" start. This ship was built at the HOA Capital Shipyard in Albion > Far Out > Gemstone Manufacture.

Has anyone else seen this? What are the CVs created for?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 30. May 18, 18:32

I'm pretty sure that if an NPC station CV is destroyed by any means or faction, a replacement is ordered, built and delivered.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Wed, 30. May 18, 19:18

Alan Phipps wrote:I'm pretty sure that if an NPC station CV is destroyed by any means or faction, a replacement is ordered, built and delivered.
Wait, what? The only NPC CV's I've ever seen were the DeVries new station ones. Oh, and the one you find during the plot to speak to Yoolis.

Other stations just "exist". Or am I extremely unobservant?

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Thu, 31. May 18, 05:10

sd_jasper wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:I'm pretty sure that if an NPC station CV is destroyed by any means or faction, a replacement is ordered, built and delivered.
Wait, what? The only NPC CV's I've ever seen were the DeVries new station ones. Oh, and the one you find during the plot to speak to Yoolis.

Other stations just "exist". Or am I extremely unobservant?
there do get ordered around to build stuff somewhere as there are a bunch of npc designated base not yet built in early game. New Station in devries are easiest to see but there are other places too late game.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Thu, 31. May 18, 12:43

ajime wrote:there do get ordered around to build stuff somewhere as there are a bunch of npc designated base not yet built in early game. New Station in devries are easiest to see but there are other places too late game.
No kidding?! I have never noticed any new bases I needed to get trade offer announcements from.

Can you give a station and location for vanilla XR and no DLC? I'd like to start taking note of these at end game instead of just fizzling out. :-)

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 31. May 18, 21:12

I see those CV's before, when the NPC ends building it, the CV take off, follow a random route and disappear.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 07:24

That's pretty much what I've seen, npc replacements ships for the their stations, patrols, etc.. and in the case of construction vehicles it seemed they just all get sent off as npc cannon fodder, exploring.

The plot CVs used to be one-shot iirc (at least during the initial move, deploy, build stage), and I'd got into the habit of protecting and supplying them.

It's been a while though, if NPC are actually consuming build locations with CVs now in vanilla in addition to the 4 plot CV deployments... surprised.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 1. Jun 18, 09:17

donzi wrote:
ajime wrote:there do get ordered around to build stuff somewhere as there are a bunch of npc designated base not yet built in early game. New Station in devries are easiest to see but there are other places too late game.
No kidding?! I have never noticed any new bases I needed to get trade offer announcements from.

Can you give a station and location for vanilla XR and no DLC? I'd like to start taking note of these at end game instead of just fizzling out. :-)
I tend to fiddle around in roguey's site(https://roguey.co.uk/xrebirth/universe/) to figure out optimal base locations before actually building them. So i tend to go those places marked as npc build areas and see they haven't been built yet. I can't say for sure whether no DLC impacts it, I have a short time only playing without DLC, when the X-Week came i bought DLC. the most glaring ones were in Forty Two and Molten Archon. I think i saw some new stations are also not mapped(in roguey) at OL when i pass through the first time but not too sure about that.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 11:20

The frailty of NPC using the CV process for expanding is mainly what surprised me.

I think any additional npc build areas beyond the 4 DeVries spots are simply reserved spots for egosoft to use or adjust things with patches, expansions, etc. -- but not necessarily meaning they get populated by NPC CV deployments.

..what do I know though, maybe something new or never noticed.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”