did OL.EC change since 3.x or 4.0x? ..or OOx mechanics?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

did OL.EC change since 3.x or 4.0x? ..or OOx mechanics?

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 16:31

I've always known where to look for ships when things seem slow -- treking the distance from the jump beacon to the gate in wavy haze. :-)

..but this seems new to me. Sending a capitol ship through the OL gate, destined to ratfish waters will boost then come to a halt at the HV distillery which is supposedly in murkey skies, then just get blown to bits in short order.

I see this all OOZ and OOS and don't recall ever having to babysit this route before.

Oddly enough, I would think the OOZ/OOS state would allow pretty much no collision, etc. in any regard -- which it's apparently not doing in this case.

Vanilla 4.30 with no mods or DLC enabled or contaminated saves.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 17:03

@ donzi … Just put your trade ships in God Mode, then watch the strange behaviour passing and returning to HV Distillery … Make up your own mind of why this happens... :gruebel: :rant:

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 17:38

I'll give it a shot out of curiosity..

Have you any thoughts of when this surfaced? I just can't imagine that I'd forget this route speedbump if I'd had to deal with it in previous versions.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 17:55

I just tried God Mode (Ships) out of curiosity (well executed mod but kills the game) after losing what appeared to be certain earmarked ships.... Would say it was the latest version of Rebirth that introduced this detrimental mode of the game because I never noticed it before in over 2000 hrs gameplay.... yeah I know ... a sucker for punishment... :)

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 19:19

Interesting.

I simply changed my reputation with HV to friendly and the ship flew right on past without pause.

I think the HV must have been given space nets to throw out when enemy pass by. :-)

This was with the same save which I can consistently have the ship stopping and then blown up so it doesn't seem like some sort of RNG thing with how the ship aligned itself for the route.

I'll try the same destination from outside OL more as I mess around, perhaps sometimes it's gong to pass by okay. :?

Ezarkal
x4

Re: did OL.EC change since 3.x or 4.0x? ..or OOx mechanics?

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 15:33

donzi wrote:Sending a capitol ship through the OL gate, destined to ratfish waters will boost then come to a halt at the HV distillery which is supposedly in murkey skies, then just get blown to bits in short order.
I was playing yesterday and mysteriously lost 2 freighters. I didn't know why because they got blown up too quickly, and I'm too much of an idiot to remember we have a log to tell us where it happens.

So thank you. Now I know what the problem is.

This station will sadly have to disappear... through extreme violence. :twisted:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 17:53

Yeah, I've had the same problem, though I don't know when it first appeared. I had started a new game and IIRC, was neutral to HV for awhile... then started some kill missions and after my rep tanked, I started to loose ships.

I've tried to send a fleet against the station a few times, but the losses don't justify the (temporary) clearing of this trade route. I've just started avoiding trades in OL all together.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 19:50

It is a shame that some of the quirks in OL do make it very frustrating to work in/out of.

Some very kooky routing for the guidance for both player and npc there and among the rest of the galaxy become so apparent if eyeballing what is gong on over a long time.

Never took the time to see about modifying sectors, but for at least capitol ships a few jump beacon moves sure could eliminate a bit of frustration.

Given that the little traders are surprisingly clever at times with the boost feature, it sure would be great to tweak whatever is needed to eliminate some of those very odd routes they follow and stabilize their ability to get in/out of highway tubes to make efficient 'turns' and tube changes.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Tue, 5. Jun 18, 04:50

it's a problem eclipse cloud specific only i guess. I never really bothered to Fill up ratfish waters using L Freighters. it's safer with S class. Didnt have much of a problem trading in OL since i setup a few stations and let npc buy the products themselves.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Wed, 6. Jun 18, 00:54

I tend to manually augment the JSS and LI scaldis universe traders and like to set up significant enterprises in DV since it's in between AL and OL.

That's late game most of the time.. However I also like Maelstrom as a major investment.

Anyhow, there is more than OL.EC with sour spots (npc routing/guidance and jump beacons) that I'd like to modify. I have noticed guidance changes and breakage more in vanilla 4.30 than the previous version.

..it's also fun trying to design around these oddities. Part of my S.O.P. of always starting with vanilla before I add DLC and/or mods -- I like to examine what's going on first, then perhaps restart with consideration of the findings.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”