State of weapon modifications (4.30)

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

State of weapon modifications (4.30)

Post by donzi » Thu, 14. Jun 18, 02:18

Since maybe I have missed it somehow.. anyone know if the latest release (4.30) offer:

- means to simply outright sell weapon mods?
- dismantle them yourself/without fist paying to install?

Although it's not a serious cash problem once the player is established, it is still a somewhat cumbersome system afaik.

I have some 30-50 trash mods which makes for a grindy and relatively costly thing to pay to install mod, pay to remove mod just to scrap it for parts.

Further it doesn't appear there is any compensation when selling a modded weapon, say when upgrading from Mk1 to Mk2 or whatever.

I guess due to the RNG factor in what specs mods have it may not make a good ware for the market, but selling them could simply go into a black hole and not NPC "stock" inventory.

Honestly I find some great mods and don't really know if bothering to make mods really has any edge over the random specs of all the mods which just drop as loot.

So... Hopefully I have missed some TLC that the weapon mod system got. If it's pretty much as I see it so far, sure would be nice to see a little expansion to that system one day.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 14:43

We can dismantle weapon modifications into modification parts for free via the Details Menu accessible from the Ship Menu while a weapon is selected.

We cannot sell weapon modification parts though.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 09:05

Thank you Sparky!

[menu] - 2 - 3 for legacy menu, assume it's the same for the sidebar.

I notice that with simply the weapon group header, once expanded, will also activate the details button.

That definitely will help early game to save a little cash.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 16:13

You're welcome :)

It's a shame the parts cannot be sold but yeah, good its free to nuke the mods.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”