I need some help

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delilah wild

I need some help

Post by delilah wild » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 18:36

I've installed X Rebirth via Steam on my Mac and bootcamp Windows install three times only to uninstall in frustration thereafter.

I have been trying to bind my Thrustmaster T16000 hotas to absolutely no effect. Both the stick and the throttle show up under Manage Controller/Joystick, but there seems no means to bind anything, load a profile, or even find what appears to be missing features like, for my installation, a non-existent bi-directional throttle option.

Selecting a bind, clearing it, activating a button or hat, does nothing. The old bind simply reverts itself. Choosing to invert certain functions completely freezes ship movement.

The apparent (or in fact) absence of any instructions, and the impenetrability of these operations, is both frustrating to me and does no favours to Egosofts damaged reputation.

What am I missing? Please help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 19:08

Did you see the Wiki entry on this?

There may be some assistance in threads such as this even though it was intended for XRVR.

I personally have no X Rebirth joystick experience so don't ask me for further advice but I just did a Google search for 'Rebirth + HOTAS' in the Ego forums and had a lot of hits.

As a hint, please use a meaningful topic thread title if you want others who can help to be more likely to take an interest and provide relevant assistance.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Fri, 15. Jun 18, 21:22

Thank you for the reply. The wikipage has no useful information to share regarding the problem I am facing.

I mean no disrespect in saying this, and I'll keep trying.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”