Gulp.. [re]setting controls

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

Gulp.. [re]setting controls

Post by donzi » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 01:17

I feel like a moron, I KNOW that I'd learned this before, but didn't make any note (that I could find) nor found in my post history...

So, how to:

- clear/reset a control binding back to "N/A"?
- reset all controls to defaults?

IIRC it was simple for clearing an individual keybind, but mashing keys here so far has managed to simply (re)bind the control to everything I have tried.. :P

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 02:42

1) Click the binding, press Delete
2) In Settings -> Controls (scroll down): Load Profile -> select desired one

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 04:31

Hmm.

Thank you! I am pretty certain I have tried the [DEL] key to clear, but would up having the key registered as the keybind. Will try it again.

I modified the default profile, actually wasn't even sure it was all controls or moreso the controller, joystick specific. Alas, I didn't try it again so will clean that profile stuff up so I can use it as a safety net if it works also for keyboard bindings.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 06:10

Well, for hard resetting defaults you could try deleting inputmap.xml in your user data directory. On Linux it's in ~/.config/EgoSoft/X Rebirth. Not sure where it'd be on Windows, should be somewhere in Documents and Settings.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 10:13

donzi wrote:Thank you! I am pretty certain I have tried the [DEL] key to clear, but would up having the key registered as the keybind.
No, that won't happen, because we made DEL non-remappable for precisely this reason.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 21:19

I have come to realize this.

I have no idea what the circumstance was that gave me the idea DEL was being bound. I knew it was simple and... well let's just say there are valid reasons I feel like a moron at times.

@radcapricorn - thanks for the filespecs to look at. On windows it's %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\<steamid32bit>\

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 21:26

You are welcome. And don't worry, that's quite normal to forget or misremember these things. It's not like most of your playtime is in fiddling with that menu, right?

...Right? :P

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 10:22

Very true. Also I have become complacent due to some of the other games I have been playing -- they all have assorted 'reset' buttons to revert various things back to the game defaults.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”