Not sure to laugh or cry.. Cry I guess, already LMAO

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

Not sure to laugh or cry.. Cry I guess, already LMAO

Post by donzi » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 04:26

Just floating in Fervid Corona, manual trading and staying OOZ/OOS from them and the station I have them building.

I have no idea what triggers these events, but I have seen it before where it should not be (not usual HoA + PMC skirmishes where both are blue to me) and it's generally been over before I could figure out what was happening.

Well, this time it was special. lol The HOA Freedom Arawn and later along with the trio of Freedom ships (stromvok + styrvoks iirc) are exchanging fire with the Solar Energetics and the cell recharge station there in FC.

The Arawn was destroyed along with those which were related and/or grouped by the two stations..

Shortly after a new batch of HOA ships spawned in FC and all remained peaceful...

Then a usual reiver styrvok something or other jumped in and attempt to boost away -- only problem the path it's chosen is blocked by the new Arawn and I watched this ship boost forward, bounce back (all of gosh, 5k at least in distance) to the jump beacon... over and over until it finally it got destroyed. LMAO with that one. Have seen some CRAZY stuff with ships and ship wreaks even, all of a sudden moving great distances 5-15k or so.

The only thing I can think of is that the arawn shot at enemy mass traffic and also hit the station and triggered a temp rep tank between these ROC stations and the HOA.

If anyone is interested in screenshots or even a save to replay this incident let me know. I have a couple saves which should span before the incident and then one which was during it so I'd expect that would work for an instant replay.

This is vanilla 4.30 build 254587

Uncle Benis
x4

Post by Uncle Benis » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 05:09

Since stations and ships have their own temporary faction relations my best guess would be that one of the HOA caps missed one too many shots while near the stations so it provoked a relation drop cascade. Since its only temporary unaffected ships are, well, unaffected.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 06:13

Yep. Another notorious source of such fights is legit enemy fighters getting stuck inside station geometry. Capital ships love shooting at those. Of course, all they hit is the station itself, with sad consequences.

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 20:48

I'd for some reason thought the npc factions were excluded from the temporary rep loss, friendly fire, etc and it was player exclusive.

There is plenty valid NPC battles with pirates and other warring factions, seems like it'd make sense to eliminate this sort of npc 'mistake' circumstances if for no other reason, to prevent diverting cpu time from the player's interests.

..whenever I see any of my trade ships sitting at 0 velocity "calculating parameters..." or cap only wares despawn in record time, etc I'll think of the irony it is to keep allocating cpu to wonky stuff and all that which has to pay the price. In zone, it's rare that I'll allow any of my fight cap ships near npc stations.

Over the years I've learned plenty of the quirky in-zone circumstances to avoid like enemy inside structure. The hardest one to keep a handle on for me is the missiles. I like dogfighting and it's often that I'll get 1 or 2 warnings from the station I'm defending.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 21:30

Nah, "calculating parameters" is just a sign the captains put up when they're really procrastinating and playing Solitaire, but don't want their boss (you) to bust them. :D

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Tue, 19. Jun 18, 10:19

I spend so much time running around and playing smalltalk to ever want to fire the slackers. Maybe I should extend the 10 minute meal time breaks..

Well, I went to OL shortly after watching HoA and RoC duke it out, got to watch the crystal fab or whatnot in Wavy Haze fight it out with their own Fulmekron and Olmekron.. Sad..

This "In-Zone" Vs OOZ/OOS antics is tiresome. I like flying around in the skunk but for so many things I've adopted some far off empty zone to sit and observe, build stations afar, manual trade, etc. There are just so many things that go downhill with the player in the zone and it's like I am always trying to run away to another zone all the time to keep from causing catastrophes, needlessly loosing drones, etc.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”