Cold Star to Torride/Omicron Lyrae Kills Freighters

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zloth2
x4

Cold Star to Torride/Omicron Lyrae Kills Freighters

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 18:15

When a freighter in Cold Star wants to go to Omicron Lyrae, it jumps to Natural Expanse, takes the gate near Midas Mist to Torride, takes another gate to Maelstrom, then the gate to OL. Unfortunately, the first gate is almost certain death - at least in my game. For whatever reason, the freighters don't go to the gate near Midas Mist - they go to Midas Mist itself where a very well defended Xenon mining station blows them away. A big minefield close by doesn't help things, either. This happens to both my freighters and NPC freighters.

I tried taking down one of the nastier battle platforms but it just grew back a few minutes later.

I noticed freighters seem to like to stick to the zones so I tried dropping a nav beacon closer to the gate in hopes they would fly to the 'empty space' zone instead of Midas Mists. No luck there.

Unfortunately, I built an R&D station that demands BoFu and makes nothing but wares that only sell in OL so I run into this more than most. It's pretty annoying, too, given that there's a route through HoL with the same number of jumps. Is there a work around for this other than picking up the goods, manually telling the freighter to go to HoL or Albion, then finishing the trade?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 18:40

Are these M sized ships or L/XL capital freighters?

The issue with M sized is described here.

Issues with capital ships using jump beacons in or via HOL routes is developed here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 19:39

L/XL ships. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with jump beacons in Torride so that topic is no help.

Say you have a L freighter sitting in Ode Monumenti in Cold Star. You tell it to go to the shipyard in Devoid Clime of Omicron Lyrae. The ship will jump to Natural Expanse's jump beacon then start moving toward the gate to Torride - but it will miss, going north of the gate and on into Midas Mists. There, the defenses for a Xenon mining station will blast it to pieces.

There might be an issue going the other direction, too, if a freighter from Torride or OL tries to trade with a station in Natural Expanse. I saw an NPC ship today go from Torride to Natural Expanse then proceed to north to I-don't-know-what. All the stations are to the West or Northwest. It looked a lot like it was driving toward the same point that ships coming from the beacon end at, though.

It expect it could be fixed by changing the path in Natural Expansion to take freighters south of the gate, which is well away from the Xenon station.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 21:50

I think the relevant bit from the capitals and jump beacons thread is the second paragraph of UniTrader's post here. He understands the code pretty well.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 7. Jul 18, 22:31

If the path is hard coded, is there a way to mod the path?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 11:27

That you need to ask in the S&M forum. Why not PM UniTrader and ask him?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 8. Jul 18, 11:54

no need for PM, i just read this :D

yes, its possible to change these paths (or remove them entirely, but this has the disadvantage that Ships wont avoid possible danger zones on their Path because they rely on the predefined paths for this)

The Paths are defined in the libraries/targetpoints.xml (also check the DLCs for that file) - if more info i wanted how to change it either PM me or Post in the S&M Forum ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”