Repairing ships remotely

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Repairing ships remotely

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 02:21

I have a freighter which has damaged engines and 84% hull. It seems not to be self repairing anymore. Is there a way for me to issue a remote command for it to go to a shipyard and get repaired all the way? Without me having to fly to the station personally and talk to some mechanic or nonsense like that? I want to get it repaired while I am light years away.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 03:02

If there's a 5 star engineer (which are really easy to find) on there, it should fix itself up after just sitting still for a time.

If its jump drive is working then you can go to any capital ship station and get it repaired. The freighter will drive go the station itself. Assuming you aren't far from civilization, though, you could tell the freighter to just go to any group of stations near where you are, go hunting for a 5 star engineer, then drop the engineer in whenever the freighter shows up. That would certainly be a lot cheaper.

P.S. If you're still going through that horrific small talk minigame to find out what people's stats are, I would strongly suggest the show stats mod.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 01:04

Zloth2 wrote:If there's a 5 star engineer (which are really easy to find) on there, it should fix itself up after just sitting still for a time.

If its jump drive is working then you can go to any capital ship station and get it repaired. The freighter will drive go the station itself. Assuming you aren't far from civilization, though, you could tell the freighter to just go to any group of stations near where you are, go hunting for a 5 star engineer, then drop the engineer in whenever the freighter shows up. That would certainly be a lot cheaper.

P.S. If you're still going through that horrific small talk minigame to find out what people's stats are, I would strongly suggest the show stats mod.
So I have to go, myself, in the stinky skunk to a shipyard and have the freighter follow me there? Or hunt around for a 5 star engineer? Would it not be far, far better if there was simply a way I could order the freighter, from afar, to dock at a specified shipyard, then order it, from afar, to get fixed? I am busy exploring the universe right now, and don't want to be bothered with all the nonsense you described.

It's stuff like this which is why I never really was able to get into Rebirth before. I'm just doing it now so I can better appreciate X4 when it comes out.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 02:00

You can order your ship to go to a shipyard for repairs.
  • Open you map & navigate to the zone with the Capital Shipyard you wish to use.
  • Comm the Station, Select an appropriate ship dealer (L for a Large Ship, XL for an eXtra Large Ship).
  • Select the "Repair a Ship" (or whatever it is, it'll be obvious, might be "Modify or Repair") option.
  • Select the desired ship from the list of ships you are prompted with.
  • Wait for the ship to navigate there & get the repairs, it's captain will contact you to let you know when it's done.
(N.B. If the shipyard is in another Sector, & the Jumpdrive is still disabled, I think the ship will wait for the Engineer to repair it rather than boosting across the empty space, but I've never tried it because 5 star engineers are a dime a dozen).

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 01:54

What you do is have a 5 star engineer on your own ship all the time, just in case an opportunity to steal a capital ship arises or you just find one floating out in space somewhere. Every capital ship (except maybe construction ships) should have one, too.

If you want to keep exploring, just tell the ship to go to someplace safe via "fly to position" then continue to explore. You can meet the ship there whenever you like. Or just use the thing like normal until a more convenient time. It's not like 16% hull is going to make a huge difference.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”