X-Rebirth support status after X4 Foundations release

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

foxxbl
x4

X-Rebirth support status after X4 Foundations release

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 14:05

Hi!
I just wonder something, is there a possibility that we will get some of the bugs fixed in X-Rebirth, after the X4 Foundations will be released?
I don't expect new DLC content of course, but there are still some nagging bugs which could be fixed, if some dev resources will be reserved for further fixing X-Rebirth .

Yesterday I played X-Rebirth and I was annoyed again with lost of control when firing Novadrone close to the ship, and under fire I needed to enter ship and exit it..
But this is just an example.. There are surely other nagging bugs which could be fixed.

Thanks and greatly appreciate all hard work you done guys on X-Rebirth to make it so enjoyable!

Cheers!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X-Rebirth support status after X4 Foundations release

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 14:20

I think that there will always be the chance of bug-fixes that are not dev-time intensive being done in the future. That is very much in Egosoft's nature and previous approach to their games. That said, you may find that many of the remaining well-known XR bugs (including the close Novadrone detonation one I expect) are linked to game coding that applies to many different in-game assets and situations and are thus not trivial to remedy without the great risk of breaking something else. This is just my personal opinion though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Veeshan
x3ap

Post by Veeshan » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 04:31

I'd imagine bug fixes to Rebirth would be more likely than to the earlier games, given the shared engine with X4.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:17

I agree with that. There *may* even be the opportunity to back-port some simple game or gameplay improvements from X4 into Rebirth due to their commonalities.

< On bug-fixing, if they went back and fixed the *very* annoying 4-6 over-repeated station messages (with associated control lockout) every time you kill a hostile near a station and thereby gain rep and/or credits, then I personally would be happy enough. > :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 22:51

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 10. Oct 18, 11:17
...gain rep and/or credits...
And/or trade agents!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”