I've messed everything up (URV Forge) - Caused by a mod

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alareth
x4

I've messed everything up (URV Forge) - Caused by a mod

Post by Alareth » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 18:39

I decided a few days ago to replay through the plot which I have done a few times, but not since before the release of HoL

It's all old familiar territory and I'm going through things on semi-autopilot and build the URV Forge in the same place I've always built it, Glaring Truth. When it's done the plot doesn't progress and I'm confused but eventually realized the build location has been changed and the game wanted me to build in Molten Archon.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this mistake? Maybe a savegame hack that removes the station and returns a usable plot CV so I can build it in the correct location?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: I've messed everything up (URV Forge)

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 18:47

The plot wants you to build the URV forge in Fervid Corona of Glaring Truth, It hasn't changed. It does have to be the particular URV Forge from the unique CV that you received earlier in the plot though. I believe that the plot should progress after you have built and completed the first URV wharf.

Hang on though, maybe your plot has already progressed as Molton Archon is where you need to find a jump gate later on. :gruebel:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Alareth
x4

Post by Alareth » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 19:34

As you can see in this screenshot of the mission briefing it wants it in Molten Archon. The URV Forge is complete and running in the background.

https://i.imgur.com/5hbyXYt.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 19:45

That's very odd. I started a campaign play-through after the last patch and it certainly didn't ask for a station in DV/MA. Are you running any mods that effect the campaign? Or maybe it randomizes it (but I've NEVER had it ask for the station there and I've done the campaign several times).

Alareth
x4

Post by Alareth » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 19:51

After some digging, this appears to be caused by a mod I installed a very long time ago that added the new build location in an update.

Now I'm going to wander off and grumble a lot.

EDIT: The mod was Molten Archon adequate. It does some resource adjustments in DV to aid in building up the economy.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 20:03

You could always edit your save to the next stage of the quest.

Alareth
x4

Post by Alareth » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 20:22

sd_jasper wrote:
Thu, 4. Oct 18, 20:03
You could always edit your save to the next stage of the quest.
I have no idea how to do that unfortunately

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Re: I've messed everything up (URV Forge) - Caused by a mod

Post by eMYNOCK » Fri, 5. Oct 18, 13:59

you are lucky that the game does not differ between the Plot CV and any other CV as long as the build Station Macro matches.

you can "fix" your Mod Issue with an other Mod in that Case.

DeVries Buildership Upgrade

The mod alteres the available Buildplans on DV Builderships and includes the Plans for the Integrative URV Forge... all you have to do is to get your Hands on the Resources for a DV Builder and the Materials for the initial Stage...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”