buying drones for mining ship?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ColManiac
x4

buying drones for mining ship?

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:52

Hi, although I have played this game since it came out I have never done anything except for the broken campaign. Now its been updated and seems to be working, so I thought, how do you buy the drones for the mining freighters I captured from the PMC? Im at the URV BTO Line (in Straining Coppice) according to a wiki site is has all the ship drones I need, I have scanned the station and has a good supply of drones in its cargo holds, yet I cannot find the trade icon/window, :evil: I have tried the trade deals/offers on the UI yet I cannot find the trade for any drone. I have completed the trades I needed to do for the campaign, easy enough as the trading icon comes up on screen, energy cells for the 1st one then food rations for the 2nd part. So far I have run out if ideas to find any drones. I have tried the ship yards, but only hold very few and dont supply mining collector drones. thanks for any help

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: buying drones for mining ship?

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:58

Contact a Capital Ship dealer and ask them to modify ship; there you can add the necessary drones.

ColManiac
x4

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:05

already done that, they only have a limited supply and dont stock mining drones for the mining ship

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:14

Nevertheless, that is the way to directly buy usable drones. EDIT: I.e. if there are no drones on that screen, then the shipyard is out of stock. It may still physically have drones in it's holds, just doesn't sell those.
The other option is to buy drones as wares, and then transfer them to the target ship, selecting the appropriate transfer option (there are two for drones, one is transfer as freight, the other one is the one you need, I forget how it's called). But for that you need an extra freighter that will do the buying. For some reason, there's no option in game to just transfer drones from the cargo hold to the drone bay within one ship.
It's probably better to put a trade agent (smalltalk) on the drone producer plant, that way you don't have to scour the station for all the trade offers.
Last edited by radcapricorn on Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:17

Advise checking trade offers for the shipyard, they may have run out of mining drones.
If this is the case go buy some, sell them to the shipyard, then contact the dealer & get them to install the drones.
By the way trading drones between URV BTO stations & shipyards can be some of the most profitable trade runs in the game.
Might be well worth your time to check what other types of drones they might need & get them too when you fetch the miners.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:18

I think I know what the problem may be. The mining ships are bulk or liquid carriers that can equip drones as active drones. However, they cannot trade for drones as those are container wares. Choose a container-ware capable ship when looking for drone offers from URV suppliers and then use that ship to buy them and then transfer them 'as drones' to your miners.

You don't *need* to go via a shipyard for the trade and transfer route. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:20

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:18
I think I know what the problem may be. The mining ships are bulk or liquid carriers that can equip drones as active drones...
:thumbsup:

ColManiac
x4

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:29

The problem is I cannot see the buy icon to buy the mining drones, I can see all the other icons to sell wares to the station, but no icon to buy them. I have tried the buy/offers tab in the UI, the only ones available are the fighting drones but in a different sector

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:33

Do a bit of small-talking on the URV station or try killing enemy ships near it and so get a Trade Agent on there. Then you can see all the offers as they appear.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:34

Addendum: Trade Agents can only be non-hireable NPCs (mechanics, drone dealers, etc.). "Win" smalltalk with one, ask for trade offer updates.

ColManiac
x4

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:41

ok ty, ill give that a try :)

Also, what ship do I need to transport them with, it seems the other types of drones fighters etc cant be transported on any of my ships. What type of ship do I need. I have the common ones in game terannus for example.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:43

See Alan's response above.

All capital ships can equip drones in their drone bay. But only Container ships can actually carry them as cargo. Check the encyclopedia entries in game to see which ware requires which cargo capability. It also appears in the trade offers/deals screen.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 17:46

A freighter (not a warship or miner) that has Container or Container+Energy in its description. Rahanas or Styrvok C or C+E, Sanahar or Lepton C for L size ship examples, or any of the smaller regional M size freighter container variants (although the latter might have issues transferring drones to your miners). You need to go up to expensive XL size freighters before you get Universal freighters that carry any ware.

ColManiac
x4

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 18:26

I have a Rahanas but says cant transport the miner drones. I managed to get the trade deals for them ;). But still there should still be a trade icon around the station to buy direct instead of using the UI.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 19:07

Is your Rahanas a C or C+E? (E, B, L or B+L will not do in this case.)

There are lots of trade docks at a typical station, but you could look specifically on the station modules that produce and sell the drones (there could be more than one that do that and only one of those may host the offer).

ColManiac
x4

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:25

Doesn't say, just says Rahanas (container) in info screen. I also have titurel wich has a larger cargo capacity, same problem cant transport items

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:29

A Rahanas Container (C) will indeed transport drones as wares or as drones, as will a Titurel Universal (U) freighter. I don't know exactly what is going on in your game but it doesn't sound right from what you have said so far. Sorry, but I cannot help with non-typical or non-vanilla game behaviour.

My advice now is to verify your Steam gamefiles cache for X Rebirth.

ColManiac
x4

buying Surface Miner URV from factory?

Post by ColManiac » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 08:42

Hi, what are the stations available that sell mk 1+2 mining drones? I have captured a few mining freighters, the ship yards only carry a few and atm is impossible to equip all the miners I have with drones. I have found 1 station that produces them but there is a bug with that station as I cannot buy them. There seems to be little wiki info on stations, though the info available is several years out of date. I am still hostile with PMC and only 1/2 way though the campaign so I am raiding PMC for all their available ships I come across. It`s going to be a while till the main campaign is finished and I can "repair" my stats with PMC and I will be able to properly equip ships with their only available ship yard.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 11:40

Please don't start a new thread to ask the same question as in your other thread. (Above post merged)

Sprondar
x4

Post by Sprondar » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 16:37

Hey, tell your ship captain you want to transfer wares, pick your URV forge as his target, press the "Transfer From" button pick your drones but use the option that has [equip drones] next to it. This is how you can load up drones on your captured ships directly from your own station. Since these are captured ships, the option might be unavailable if the drone bays are destroyed. If this is the case, just put an engineer on there and wait for them to repair.

Another tip for the plot URV forge, is that production will stop if your drones reach their max quota, which is pretty small compared to the total storage on that station. You can send a ship there on a transfer command, transfer the drones to the ship, then transfer them back to the station with [equip drones] option on the transfer screen. This moves the drones from the station cargo into the drone bay storage on the station.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”