buying drones for mining ship?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ColManiac
x4

Re: buying drones for mining ship?

Post by ColManiac » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:25

Doesn't say, just says Rahanas (container) in info screen. I also have titurel wich has a larger cargo capacity, same problem cant transport items

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:29

A Rahanas Container (C) will indeed transport drones as wares or as drones, as will a Titurel Universal (U) freighter. I don't know exactly what is going on in your game but it doesn't sound right from what you have said so far. Sorry, but I cannot help with non-typical or non-vanilla game behaviour.

My advice now is to verify your Steam gamefiles cache for X Rebirth.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ColManiac
x4

buying Surface Miner URV from factory?

Post by ColManiac » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 08:42

Hi, what are the stations available that sell mk 1+2 mining drones? I have captured a few mining freighters, the ship yards only carry a few and atm is impossible to equip all the miners I have with drones. I have found 1 station that produces them but there is a bug with that station as I cannot buy them. There seems to be little wiki info on stations, though the info available is several years out of date. I am still hostile with PMC and only 1/2 way though the campaign so I am raiding PMC for all their available ships I come across. It`s going to be a while till the main campaign is finished and I can "repair" my stats with PMC and I will be able to properly equip ships with their only available ship yard.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 11:40

Please don't start a new thread to ask the same question as in your other thread. (Above post merged)

Sprondar
x4

Post by Sprondar » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 16:37

Hey, tell your ship captain you want to transfer wares, pick your URV forge as his target, press the "Transfer From" button pick your drones but use the option that has [equip drones] next to it. This is how you can load up drones on your captured ships directly from your own station. Since these are captured ships, the option might be unavailable if the drone bays are destroyed. If this is the case, just put an engineer on there and wait for them to repair.

Another tip for the plot URV forge, is that production will stop if your drones reach their max quota, which is pretty small compared to the total storage on that station. You can send a ship there on a transfer command, transfer the drones to the ship, then transfer them back to the station with [equip drones] option on the transfer screen. This moves the drones from the station cargo into the drone bay storage on the station.

ColManiac
x4

Post by ColManiac » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 11:17

Ok thanks. I think the drone factory in the starting systems is bugged. I tried again to buy mining drones, I still get an error saying not comaptable with any of my ships. I reluctantly finished the plot and opened up the locked system, can't rem3mber the names of the systems lol. But I found an argon mining drone station, I tried to buy from there and it worked. I had to buy as cargo to my freighter then I could transfer them from cargo to drones straight to my mining ship.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 11. Nov 18, 03:16

Could it be that ur captured mining ship's drone bay was still destroyed when u tried to add drones at first?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 11. Nov 18, 11:19

@ iforgotmysocks: Sprondar covered that possibility two posts above yours. Since this thread has gone quiet now, I suspect the issue has been solved or shelved.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 11. Nov 18, 11:31

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 11. Nov 18, 11:19
@ iforgotmysocks: Sprondar covered that possibility two posts above yours. Since this thread has gone quiet now, I suspect the issue has been solved or shelved.
Ya, he said it worked later using a different method. Seeing that this happend a while later might mean that the drone bay was repaired in the meantime and no actuall bug ever happend. Was just curious about it. :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”