Unsubscribing from Trade Agents

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pallustris
x3tc

Unsubscribing from Trade Agents

Post by pallustris » Fri, 9. Nov 18, 23:23

Hi there, I'm tired of getting my ships blown up by the Space Fuel Distillery in OL.EC2 (Murky Skies)
I've looked around and seen one person mentioning removing a trade agent from the station in Ratfish Waters, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: Unsubscribing from Trade Agents

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 16:13

Hmm, i actually don't know if u can cancel a trade agent by talking to him. If u're using a mod to aquire subscriptions, u could add an exception for that station, or kill the subscription u have with a little script. U could also just get rid of the station that blows up ur ships in the first place.

pallustris
x3tc

Post by pallustris » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 16:59

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sat, 10. Nov 18, 16:13
U could also just get rid of the station that blows up ur ships in the first place.
How do I do that?
Thanks for the reply

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 17:40

The answer is in your original post. See how you were able to just plop "Ratfish" into your post? It's a pretty memorable name. When you see a trade going to the fishy rat thing, ignore the trade offer. Murky Skies can be a little dubious, too - but then I expect any self respecting fish that looks like a rat would want to hide out in the murk. So there's an easy way to remember that zone, too.

If you haven't got any of the expansions then that pirate station is the only persistent danger to your trade ships in the whole game! If you get rid of it (or turn it friendly) then you can sleep walk through the trading screen.

That said, it's kind of a cheesy way to get a challenge. There really should be a way to remove trade agents. Right now the only way to get rid of them without a cheat is to lower your faction standing to the point where they quit - and it isn't very likely you'll remember what that faction actually is.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 18:51

pallustris wrote:
Sat, 10. Nov 18, 16:59
iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sat, 10. Nov 18, 16:13
U could also just get rid of the station that blows up ur ships in the first place.
How do I do that?
Thanks for the reply
U'll have to use a script to do that unless u're playing with a mod like cwir all along, that allows you to destroy stations.

Edit: I made it a little easier. Now the mod adds an extra conversation menu when talking to the trade manager of a station. Gives you the options to add or remove a trade subscription and also an option to recycle/remove a station.
https://mega.nz/#!FJozkQyK!VQpC60a3EOH0 ... 6tro1AQAGs

Hope that helps.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 15. Nov 18, 05:18

Now I'm getting curious, too.

I rode a freighter from the jump point to Ratfish and found that the freighter didn't just run into range of the station, it ran INTO the station! That is more than a bit silly, IMHO. Is there any way to actually just move the station? Moving it one station-hight up or down should fix the issue without messing with the economy. Guess I should ask that in the mods forum.
timid." ---- Q

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 03:30

SirNukes made a mod to move the station up: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1566789014

Seems to be working well, too!
timid." ---- Q

EUS

Post by EUS » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 22:04

After losing a few ships, I built my own hardware, and distillery in safe areas.
No more lost ships, and credits incoming.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”