Mass Traffic in Custom Zone

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zloth2
x4

Mass Traffic in Custom Zone

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 17. Nov 18, 20:38

I don't seem to be getting mass traffic generated between my stations in a custom zone. All stations have their initial module created and a couple are completely done but there's no traffic going on. Any idea as to why?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: Mass Traffic in Custom Zone

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 17. Nov 18, 22:50

It might take a while for that to start. Do other things and check up on them again in a few hours.
Oh, and i think the regular trade manager logic still applies, so if they don't actually buy and sell wares to the stations within the same zone there won't be any reason to send out cargo drones.
(And you may have to equip ur stations with cargo drones first)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 15:01

I don't think mass traffic ships can use drones as they are all tiny/small/medium ships, although iirc some mass traffic craft *are* drones.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 16:14

@Alan

technically all MTN Ships are Drones

@OP

if i remember correct a station module has xyz ammount of masstraffic it can populate... depending on the location/cluster were it is build it will generate more or lesser traffic.

something to do with Quotas if i am not mistaken.

cargolifter URV are excluded from this as they simply will be used by the Manager along a MTN Line if such exists.

for any more precise details i would ask Unitrader... simply because he has a deeper insight into all that MTN stuff than i have.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 17:05

I'm not familiar with the abbreviation MTN (although the MT is obvious - Network?). As to all mass traffic ships being considered as drones then it seems odd that their pilots (or operators?) scream about saving their lives when they are being shot at? :? What I meant earlier was that some mass traffic elements seemed to be based in cargolifters and personnel transfer pods, as far as I can recall although I could well be wrong.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 19:32

thats why i said "technically".

also to declare the N in Mass Traffic Network... thats simply describes the invisible Path all MT Ships follow around and between Stations...

some have the unmanned object AI (especially Cargolifters, Defense and Repair URVs) while the majority (including Police Ships) run via a Pilot entity.

they all still obey to the invisible Network around and inbetween Stations.

and for some stupid reason i never managed to get the Mass Traffic correctly working for the TOBS Mod.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 21:25

This is stranger than I thought. One station has no mass traffic at all and one barely has any. Some of the mass traffic streams are there but sparsely populated and, when I get close to any individual car, the car zips off toward the north and off screen.

My custom zone is between Albert's Theory and Longest Reign in Cold Star and has 5 stations in it. Three are in a stack from bottom to top: a spice farm, R&D chem lab, and construction shop. To the east is a licensed distillery and to the south is a high tech fab. I built the chem lab first and that station appears to have no mass traffic at all. What's more, I just noticed that one of its trade terminals is actually detached from the station.

The MTN works fine from the distillery to the construction shop. The rest are all dubious or flat out not there.

The high tech fab's zone seems strange, too. It appears on the map as part of my custom zone but, when flying to it, I get the message from Betty that I'm now in Longest Rein.

Quick YouTube of it: https://youtu.be/pVOmz9E1VWE
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 21:35

That might be your issue; a non-obvious spur of zone boundary where the MTN would normally be. Weird things happen in XR at or over zone boundaries.

Jaswolf
x4

Post by Jaswolf » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:21

Is there a way to lower the mass traffic density globally in the vanilla game ? (in X4 there is the <trafficdensity>0.50</trafficdensity> in the config.xml file that works well)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”