a few Rebirth questions

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nerdtron
x4

a few Rebirth questions

Post by nerdtron » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 18:13

Just had a couple Rebirth questions. Dusted it off again to prep for X4 :)
  • Is there an easy way to figure out which trade agents you have and which ones you need? i.e. so you know where to go to fill in the missing trade agents?
  • How do you refuel the destroyer you boarded in the campaign and get it up and running again?
  • How do you make use of the liquid hauler you acquired in the campaign? It has a pilot, but you can't dock so I'm guessing can't assign other crew and it doesn't seem to be available for any trade runs

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: a few Rebirth questions

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 18:23

nerdtron wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 18:13
Is there an easy way to figure out which trade agents you have and which ones you need? i.e. so you know where to go to fill in the missing trade agents?
In the zone maps there should be an eye icon next to station you already have a trade agent in.
How do you refuel the destroyer you boarded in the campaign and get it up and running again?
For refueling you just need a captain in there, comm them and order to refuel. For getting up and running you'll need to deliver the rest of the crew (Engineer and Defense Officer) and buy some drones at a shipyard. I can't recall how damaged it is in the campaign, you might need an Engineer first so that they repair engines etc.
How do you make use of the liquid hauler you acquired in the campaign? It has a pilot, but you can't dock so I'm guessing can't assign other crew and it doesn't seem to be available for any trade runs
Sell it :) Or save it to work for one of your stations in the future. You should be able to do some local trade routes with it, just not in DeVries as its economy leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if you move him to other areas later in the plot...

nerdtron
x4

Post by nerdtron » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 18:50

Thanks!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 05:17

nerdtron wrote:
Tue, 27. Nov 18, 18:13
Just had a couple Rebirth questions. Dusted it off again to prep for X4 :)
  • Is there an easy way to figure out which trade agents you have and which ones you need? i.e. so you know where to go to fill in the missing trade agents?
  • How do you refuel the destroyer you boarded in the campaign and get it up and running again?
  • How do you make use of the liquid hauler you acquired in the campaign? It has a pilot, but you can't dock so I'm guessing can't assign other crew and it doesn't seem to be available for any trade runs
Hi,

NB: For each ship you boarded (or bought, but who does that?) you need a crew of three. You can get the best one per job and zone if you do a successful extended smalltalk. You basically should always carry a full team on the Skunk, you never know when you stumble about something boardable.

You already mentioned the trade agents. If you put a trade agent on the wheat and water plants in Glaring Truth, you can keep the hauler occupied until you have your own factory. Afterward there should be trade runs available. At latest when you get to Omicron Lyrae, There is always big need for water.

cu
Rainer

nerdtron
x4

Post by nerdtron » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 18:19

Nice, thanks for the tips!

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 20:30

Hiring is pretty rough in the vanilla game - you might want to get the mod that makes NPCs tell you their skills every time you ask instead of going through the same small talk over and over and over and....

P.S. Want to know about AI? I can tell you about it! ;)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”