shipyard in darned hot air not building XL ships/unable to buy XL ships

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Berni
x4

shipyard in darned hot air not building XL ships/unable to buy XL ships

Post by Berni » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 12:55

i try to buy a XL ship from the capital ship dealer, but i can't - the tooltip say the dealer is busy with something else and i see a "Construction Vessel DV (currently building: 0%), but the shipyard won't start building... it stayed at 0% for many hours now :(

is the shipyard bugged?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: shipyard in darned hot air not building XL ships/unable to buy XL ships

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 17:39

No, it's not bugged. It's gimped, intentionally, because DeVries doesn't have a functioning economy. Eventually (hours and hours and hours) some NPC might bring the resources, but if you want to speed the process up, you'll need to supply the materials yourself. Scan the shipyard storage to see what it's low on, check its trade offers, and import the materials from elsewhere with your own freighters.
You can un-gimp it permanently, and make considerable profit (after considerable investment, of course) by building the full economy chain in DeVries.

Also, when ordering a ship at any shipyard, not just DeVries, pay attention at the last page of order, which lists all the resources. If there are any in red, the construction may take a while, for the same reason (again, you can supply the missing parts yourself).

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”