Training marines from veterans to elites

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ailour
xr

Training marines from veterans to elites

Post by Ailour » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 03:14

Hello! I;ve been playing XR for quite a while, got TTO (but not HoL) DLC. After quite a few boardings on all sorts of ships (mainly traders of all kind and pirate Phoenixes), i've managed to get 46 of my 50 marines to elite status. It was quite easy at first, but now my last 4 veterans just won't train themselves higher. Is it just (bad) luck or i'm missing something? Anyone else has a few stubborn veterans too?

Ailour
xr

Re: Training marines from veterans to elites

Post by Ailour » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 23:54

Hey there! Just managed to get one more of these veterans to elite status after a few more boardings. So it just takes lots of them to get the final few to the top.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:21

Ailour wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 19, 23:54
Hey there! Just managed to get one more of these veterans to elite status after a few more boardings. So it just takes lots of them to get the final few to the top.
For me it looks as if a random number of survivors get a boost in skills. So, when most are elite, the probability to target one of the others goes down.

Ailour
xr

Post by Ailour » Thu, 16. May 19, 00:35

RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:21
Ailour wrote:
For me it looks as if a random number of survivors get a boost in skills. So, when most are elite, the probability to target one of the others goes down.
Well, a few more boardings and another one got trained to elite. Looks like you're right; i guess i'll just need to keep boarding if only to get more rolls going.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 16. May 19, 05:32

Ailour wrote:
Thu, 16. May 19, 00:35
RainerPrem wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 11:21
Ailour wrote:
Well, a few more boardings and another one got trained to elite. Looks like you're right; i guess i'll just need to keep boarding if only to get more rolls going.
That's what I did as well. Hunting Atlas pirate freighters in Cold Star gives good opportunities. And when your guys are all up, there is always an Arawn to board, which is a real challenge.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”