Some Early Observations...

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lone_Wolf_3115

Some Early Observations...

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 6. May 19, 13:19

Still learning this game, but not sure it is worth continuing??

1. There seems to be No Way to get across Local Space Quickly without Depleting The Shields. (No Flight Mode)
2. Lack of Ship Yards... Obvious. If you WANT To Build a Ship, Look, and Look, and Look some more to Find A Ship Dealer, IF YOU CAN FIND ONE...???
3. Map does not make Much Sense. Local, Sector, and Galactic. I don't See Easy ways to get TO A PLACE I want to get to.
4. Inability to SET A Destination on the Map. (See 3 Above)
5. Mission I took seems to Stop Giving Guidance...?? I took a $31+ Million Explore Beyond Gate Mission, that seemed to Go On, And On, And On, but after leg 4 or 5, The Brown Diamond Disappeared, and never came back, I see No Guidance to Continue, and Eventually FINISH Said Mission... ( I set Said Mission To "ACTIVE" Several Times, and Never got the Guide Back)
6. Constant Need to Deplete Staff from Ship, and Replace them, IF YOY CAN FIND Said Staff, When You Do Have Another Ship.....
NUF for now...

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Re: Some Early Observations...

Post by eMYNOCK » Mon, 6. May 19, 14:59

1. There seems to be No Way to get across Local Space Quickly without Depleting The Shields. (No Flight Mode)
you can use the Local Highways, boosting is only an option if you have to go into the opposite direction a highway would lead... you can also just hop into such a highway and take a short round trip.

thats almost every time faster than boosting in the opposite direction.

2. Lack of Ship Yards... Obvious. If you WANT To Build a Ship, Look, and Look, and Look some more to Find A Ship Dealer, IF YOU CAN FIND ONE...???
there are usually 1 or two capital and small shipyards in various key locations... once you have found them once you can just use the search function in the map and it will highlight those shipyards.
3. Map does not make Much Sense. Local, Sector, and Galactic. I don't See Easy ways to get TO A PLACE I want to get to.
as soon as you know a station you can plot a course to it... and be it just to have a general direction you want to go to.
5. Mission I took seems to Stop Giving Guidance...?? I took a $31+ Million Explore Beyond Gate Mission, that seemed to Go On, And On, And On, but after leg 4 or 5, The Brown Diamond Disappeared, and never came back, I see No Guidance to Continue, and Eventually FINISH Said Mission... ( I set Said Mission To "ACTIVE" Several Times, and Never got the Guide Back)
this single mission, if it is the mission i am thinking about... (we are talking about X Rebirth are we?) ... will solve when you have discovered every single Zone in Cold Star, Toride and Home of Light... i think the most time consuming was Toride... that System is huge, has many Zones and no Highways.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 6. May 19, 21:34

eMYNOCK wrote:
Mon, 6. May 19, 14:59
you can use the Local Highways, boosting is only an option if you have to go into the opposite direction a highway would lead... you can also just hop into such a highway and take a short round trip.

thats almost every time faster than boosting in the opposite direction.

Yes it is Rebirth. I did not see a Separate Forum For Rebirth, so I posted here... Now, The Highways are not usually Near, nor going my way when Enemy Ships show up, and need to be dealt with. When they are 20 to 30 Km off, it takes Time to close and engage...
there are usually 1 or two capital and small shipyards in various key locations... once you have found them once you can just use the search function in the map and it will highlight those shipyards.

If that does not work any better than in X4-Foundations, then it would not Find Ship Yard when that is searched...??
as soon as you know a station you can plot a course to it... and be it just to have a general direction you want to go to.

Plot A Course?? I see no way to Set Way Points and Such... I also see Objects on the Local map, System or Sector??, Often they show Grey, and when I try to go to them, they don't seem to even exist...?
this single mission, if it is the mission i am thinking about... (we are talking about X Rebirth are we?) ... will solve when you have discovered every single Zone in Cold Star, Toride and Home of Light... i think the most time consuming was Toride... that System is huge, has many Zones and no Highways.
Yes, it is Rebirth... I would think then that they Brown Diamond is Gone until I get each Section Scouted?? Son far, it has had me Jump into about 5 or 6 dif areas, and still not done...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 6. May 19, 21:38

Sorry

Oh, and Thanks for the Reply...
(Brain Drops things now and then)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Tue, 7. May 19, 00:45

oh.. no worries.. you will notice when you have uncovered all zones that mission wants you to go into.

that will be the point when you receive your 30million reward. :mrgreen:

and like i mentioned... there is a lot to discover, some zones are not even close to a highway... especially in cold star, toride and home of light.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 7. May 19, 09:30

eMYNOCK wrote:
Mon, 6. May 19, 14:59

Some helpful notes.
Spoiler
Show
Toride is the easiest of the three, because you can get nearly everywhere by repeatedly jumping anomalies. And you can take a lockbox mission which shows you all existing zones while active...

In CS and HoL you need to travel along tracks of dust and asteroids if you don't have another mission with a lead.

HoL is IMHO much worse. You need to get to those faraway zones without too much damage due to constant Xenon-P-attacks. The map is of little help, because those zones are shown to close together. As far as I remember I took two battleships with me...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Wed, 8. May 19, 00:35

The last couple of Days, I have been looking at Menu Items on the Enter Key Strike... (X3 and X4 Both have "Space Walk" in the Space Suit.. This one does not have that.

One of Those is Galaxy, and on That View, It Shows TWO "Ship Yard" Listings.
I Click on one, and see The "Show Plot To" or what ever the quote is, and I Fly For Ages, and wind up at a Station, and go to Every Docking Point on said Station I can Find, and do not usually even Find A Ship Dealer, let alone the Counter I see in X4... The Map List Says "Ship Yard", but they do Not Really Exist in that sole operational Sense as far as I can tell.

At one point, I did see a "Small Ship Dealer" on the Vendors List, but that is gone now... (Maybe while I have been Flying around, The Guy Retired???)

Recently, there have been a couple of Fighters where the Pilots Bailed, and I Clicked The Claim, But It Takes SSSSOOOOO Long for the Pilot to take Command, and get moving, They have been hit with Missiles while I am Battling to Protect them.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 9. May 19, 11:04

Is there any Benefit to Holding onto the "GIFT" Items on the Craft List??
I see "HAZE", and "Paranid Jewellery " can be crafted, but so far I see no Game Value in them.
I do see a small Monetary Value in the Jewellery item, about $20K, over the value of the individual items necessary to make it. (not sure it is worth the effort over the Cash in hand???)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 9. May 19, 11:40

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 11:04
Is there any Benefit to Holding onto the "GIFT" Items on the Craft List??
I see "HAZE", and "Paranid Jewellery " can be crafted, but so far I see no Game Value in them.
I do see a small Monetary Value in the Jewellery item, about $20K, over the value of the individual items necessary to make it. (not sure it is worth the effort over the Cash in hand???)
"Gifts" can be given to a npc while small talking to them. When you reach the point where you can install an agent there is also an option to "give a gift", but only if you have one in your inventory. You then have do do another round of small talk and will finally get a substantial reward. For example: The NPC will point you to the best available crew member for each role in the whole zone. Especially when you hire the marine leader, that's a big advantage.

As for your previous post: If you want a ship builder, you need to right-click on the shipyard and then select "talk".

Otherwise, I have no idea what exactly you are ranting at. You might consider to rephrase your questions, perhaps illustrating them with appropriate screenshots.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 9. May 19, 13:57

Thanks for the Reply RainerPrem, I will try to keep these things in mind while I play.
Right Clicking SY to Talk is something I did not Know...
WOW!! "Ranting" Really???
I don't see it that way, as I see it, I am posting things I see in game that I have Questions or Concerns about, and I thought that was part of this Forum Process????? Am I Wrong??

The next thing I ran into Today, is a Lock Box that is Wired To Blow when the Locks are hit... I saved, then shot the first Lock, and of course, no more lock box...
I Reloaded that game, and aligned to shoot the wires, with no better result..
Any Suggestions as to how to open this thing without the previous results???

Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. May 19, 14:50

You do (must) shoot and hit the locks only, but not very hard at all. Tickle each very briefly with a low power laser such as a basic mining laser. Do not use powerful or large bullet/spread weapons for this, and you must be accurate and only hit the lock itself.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Thu, 9. May 19, 21:18

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 14:50
You do (must) shoot and hit the locks only, but not very hard at all. Tickle each very briefly with a low power laser such as a basic mining laser. Do not use powerful or large bullet/spread weapons for this, and you must be accurate and only hit the lock itself.
Thanks, I swapped my ML for a more Powerful Gun... (Guess I have to go buy it back.) This is where I wish I could Space Walk and use a Hand Laser....

I Appreciate your reply.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 10. May 19, 05:16

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 21:18
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thanks, I swapped my ML for a more Powerful Gun... (Guess I have to go buy it back.) This is where I wish I could Space Walk and use a Hand Laser....

I Appreciate your reply.
Once you know where exactly to hit a lock, you can use nearly every gun. Even the most powerful ones (Plasma Mk3) work; only the spraying shotgun (Don't know its English name) should be avoided.

OTOH That's why GoD invented the F5-Key... Save before every shot, restore after each damaging one.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sun, 12. May 19, 15:09

Thanks RainerPrem.

Now, I Found one of those Flat Silver Boxes under an Evergreen in the Right Corner of a Manager's Office, and can not Interact with it. I moved Left, Right, Forward, and Back, to no avail... My first guess is that the Parameters of the Tree Shade the Box from Access... I even tried Squatting Down to be as low as possible...

I also found in a Couple of Manager's Offices so far, a Little Doll, (Looks like a Candle Holder??), on the Bench, and can not Interact with that either... Not able to Take it??

Damn, Just found another Silver Box in the same station under one of the Huge Green/Grey Tanks that are in an X Fame support structure that can not be Taken... Tried every angle, even the Squat...
These are in: Voracious Lady System/Sector?? on A G Metalframes Fab Station...

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Sun, 12. May 19, 19:59

RainerPrem wrote:
Fri, 10. May 19, 05:16
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 21:18
Alan Phipps wrote:

I Appreciate your reply.
Once you know where exactly to hit a lock, you can use nearly every gun. Even the most powerful ones (Plasma Mk3) work; only the spraying shotgun (Don't know its English name) should be avoided.

OTOH That's why GoD invented the F5-Key... Save before every shot, restore after each damaging one.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Thanks.
I have done 3 of these with explosives since I read these...
Across The Narrow End, hit the Lock from the Opposite Side. It does not get the Wires then...

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 13. May 19, 05:48

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 15:09
Thanks RainerPrem.

Now, I Found one of those Flat Silver Boxes under an Evergreen in the Right Corner of a Manager's Office, and can not Interact with it. I moved Left, Right, Forward, and Back, to no avail... My first guess is that the Parameters of the Tree Shade the Box from Access... I even tried Squatting Down to be as low as possible...

I also found in a Couple of Manager's Offices so far, a Little Doll, (Looks like a Candle Holder??), on the Bench, and can not Interact with that either... Not able to Take it??

Damn, Just found another Silver Box in the same station under one of the Huge Green/Grey Tanks that are in an X Fame support structure that can not be Taken... Tried every angle, even the Squat...
These boxes are totally random. There are ~100 different places on each station where such a box can be located (BTW: Did you already crawl through a vent?) Some of them are really tricky to reach (jumping up or squatting down required), but I never found one I couldn't open. Maybe a problem with your graphics card?

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 13. May 19, 10:07

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 05:48
Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 15:09
Thanks RainerPrem.

These boxes are totally random. There are ~100 different places on each station where such a box can be located (BTW: Did you already crawl through a vent?) Some of them are really tricky to reach (jumping up or squatting down required), but I never found one I couldn't open. Maybe a problem with your graphics card?
I am speaking of the Little Silver Flat Boxes, not the Larger Brown ones. The Click on them says "TAKE", and then they Vanish, they do not Open, The Brown Boxes Open... I have run into Two so far that are in the Manager's Office, In The Right Corner, Under the little Evergreen Tree. (I have a New Graphics card, about a month ago, so I doubt it is that.) I have gotten Up Close, as far back as I can, Swung sideways, Crouched, and they are not accessible. As I see it, they are far enough under the Tree, that the Tree Graphics gets in the way... I have played other games which had similar Graphic interaction issues.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 13. May 19, 10:17

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Mon, 13. May 19, 10:07

I am speaking of the Little Silver Flat Boxes, not the Larger Brown ones. The Click on them says "TAKE", and then they Vanish, they do not Open.
That's what they're supposed to do. Look right on your screen, and you can see, what was in it. You now have that in your inventory.

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Mon, 13. May 19, 12:14

I've seen those boxes that you cannot take. They look like the normal boxes. But I don't know if they are supposed to be take-able, or just decoration.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 13. May 19, 14:38

I have also run Into, Literally, some other Graphics Anomalies in this game...

Every now and then, I will be Fighting a Capital Ship, and get Too Close, Bump Against It, and Wind up INSIDE The Hull... You Can't Kill it from the Inside, so I have to Re-Load a Saved Game, and come at it again..
Getting Stuck Inside Structures should not Happen...

Then Today, I found a Lock Box Sitting in the Hollow of an Asteroid, and by maneuvering around, I was able to get my Ship Down Into the hole, and eventually get the Four Locks Shot... Then The Loot Vanished INTO The Stone of the Asteroid, Never to be seen again...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”