Should I play Rebirth or get X4

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Risky
xr

Should I play Rebirth or get X4

Post by Risky » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 15:45

I played the games from X2 but took a break and then bought X:R in 2016. I started it twice but wasn't playing a lot and fought I spent days running around space stations having repetitive conversations, that seemed like they might be intesesting in the context of the plot, but then I left it and went back to playing tanks.

So I fancied getting back to the game and I wondered if I should try X:R with a large bunch of mods to cut outsome of the carry on, or should I get X4 and skip it?

What the general consensus?

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Should I play Rebirth or get X4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 17:11

Risky wrote:
Mon, 10. Jun 19, 15:45
I played the games from X2 but took a break and then bought X:R in 2016. I started it twice but wasn't playing a lot and fought I spent days running around space stations having repetitive conversations, that seemed like they might be interesting in the context of the plot, but then I left it and went back to playing tanks.

So I fancied getting back to the game and I wondered if I should try X:R with a large bunch of mods to cut outsome of the carry on, or should I get X4 and skip it?

What the general consensus?
I have no idea of the "general consensus", but I personally think that X4 is not yet as balanced as X:R. If you can live with being restricted to one - although very good - ship I'd suggest X:R It has the rather long central plot X4 is missing at the moment.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Jun 19, 19:58

@ Risky: X4 is developed on from X Rebirth and uses pretty much the same game engine (and the same API as XR VR.). Since you have played the X3 games you should know that X3:AP was developed on from X3:TC and the earlier X3:R/X2 in a pretty similar manner. Hence the answer to your question is probably influenced by whether you prefer to play X3AP or the earlier X3/X2 games.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 00:14

Thanks guys. I'm going to have to take a look at the mods so I can play the game without feeling obliged to keep crawling through vent shafts for a crate of something or other as the completionist in me meant I never got on with the actual space-game!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 05:29

Risky wrote:
Tue, 11. Jun 19, 00:14
Thanks guys. I'm going to have to take a look at the mods so I can play the game without feeling obliged to keep crawling through vent shafts for a crate of something or other as the completionist in me meant I never got on with the actual space-game!
While this crawling gives you (especially in case of Omicron Lyrae stations) a lot of material for small talk, you can instead concentrate on the lockboxes embedded in stations.

In my humble opinion playing with mods just to avoid one part of the game spoils the fun.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”