Xenon L class cheating

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AR_Starfighter

Xenon L class cheating

Post by AR_Starfighter » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 06:55

Playing a free play game start, it got to a point where you have the xenon invasion. The one xenon L class and the surrounding xenon K. The big long ship that fires swarm missiles.

With a large fleet, I destroyed all the surround ships. On the xenon L, I proceeded to do some "skin dancing" and the destroy weapon arrays. I kept seeing missiles, but I couldn't find the launcher. Suddenly, I saw missiles coming through the hull! The computer was cheating. Not just once, but many times! So, brought my fleet of 5 Fulmekrons and 2 Arawn ships and, 'kicked it's ass', annihilated it in about 20 seconds. :mrgreen:

KrYcHokE
x4

Re: Xenon L class cheating

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 18:18

Xenon I has integrated missile launchers, like Balor has.

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 03:20

Speaking of the Balor and the Xenon L Class, lets look at this example.

Fire a plasma cannon at point blank range or a tri-star missile at group of turrets, you will destroy large numbers of them. You will also damage shield and/or hull. Possibly overloading and destroying the shield generator.

Make an attack on a Balor or Xenon L missile launcher, you don't do any damage to the weapons. But damage the shields and/or hull.

Even heavily integrated and shielded weapons, will suffer damage from seismic shock-waves from the explosive force and/or the plasma heat wave.

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 07:51

Also, you have the problem of secondary explosions.

If you have full load of missiles or bombs, a large enough shockwave or heat blast might set off one or more missiles, setting off a chain reaction. If the missile(s) are armed, the chance is much higher.

History people correct me if needed, the attack on USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor was a classic explosive chain reaction.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 15. Oct 19, 10:57

Heh, why not just accept that the Xenon I was designed to be tough and vicious to the end. It's a game after all. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Fri, 25. Oct 19, 07:00

The xenon are tough opponents. However, they don't need this extra. I use my tactical skills to beat the lesser class xenon.

The AI is good, but needs improvement.

The balor has the same problem. This is a game issue, not xenon issue. This breaks immersion, suddenly I'm out of the game noticing this cheat.

Basically, to destroy the launcher you have to destroy the ship. This makes no sense, breaking immersion.

If X4 has this cheat, I'm not buying it without a mod to fix it.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”