Diplomatic aid mission while being hostile toward PMC

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheTrain
x4

Diplomatic aid mission while being hostile toward PMC

Post by TheTrain » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 01:58

Hi all, I'm trying to complete a "diplomatic aid mission" chain to fix my reputation with Plutarch. Everything works well until I'm being asked to taxi an ambassador from a station to another, thing is that I've to land on a PMC station with which i'm hostile atm (-20 rep) and because of that the prompt to land with the Skunk doesn't even appear.
Is this the correct behaviour or am I missing something? Thanks in advance, have a good day

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Diplomatic aid mission while being hostile toward PMC

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 09:01

TheTrain wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 01:58
Hi all, I'm trying to complete a "diplomatic aid mission" chain to fix my reputation with Plutarch. Everything works well until I'm being asked to taxi an ambassador from a station to another, thing is that I've to land on a PMC station with which i'm hostile atm (-20 rep) and because of that the prompt to land with the Skunk doesn't even appear.
Is this the correct behaviour or am I missing something? Thanks in advance, have a good day
Hi,

if you are past the time when PMC reputation is fixed, you can start to raise the reputation by killing criminals near PMC stations.

cu
Rainer

donzi
x4

Re: Diplomatic aid mission while being hostile toward PMC

Post by donzi » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 17:51

Is that (Diplomatic Aid Mission) the part where you're doing it for JSS on OL?

..if so, yeah, like RainerPrem mentioned, defend PMC stations.

IIRC in my current game I delayed going to OL until after I was able to fully interact with PMC again. There are a lot of key points in the plot where player can drop out and ignore storyline. The game hints at it some but it's willing to let you keep (trying) to progress plot even if it's going to complicate things.

Xenon raids make it a bit easier since ship names are different than human NPC -- have to be careful/precise with that RED/BLUE rep coloration IIRC until you get up to ~ -8 (?) or so when PMC will go blue.

I refrain from engaging PMC as much as possible during the plot hoping to get trading with them ASAP.. Some years ago I even ran up their rep really high before they become enemy via plot.. when the rep flipped back later I think that I was able to land and trade immediatly.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”