General Joystick/Pedal/Controller/Gamepad issues [Q&A CUI-2]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:10

Legionaire, It recognizes the trigger but you have to bind it to under where it says "weapons 2" for some reason "weapons 1" doesnt work, but their function is the same. I was able to bind main guns to the trigger and missiles to the "safe" covered button.

check the "X52 pro support...." thread

Wavey
xr

Mouse Flight not working

Post by Wavey » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:33

mouse flight worked until i launched from first base ,now i cannot enable it ,spacebar has no effect .any suggestions?
game thinks Cyborg is a gamepad so that cant be used either :(

Disconnected Cyborg and seems to work now :(
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

Xeroid
x4

Post by Xeroid » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:04

I am using a T1600 Thrustmaster and am experiencing the same problems. Looking at getting a loan of a pad to see if it will be easier....
But I have been playing with my Joystick for years now in 'X' with no issues... I like it.. :evil:

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:10

Thnx simon ill try that. I had the same issue with reverse throttle. Fixed that by inverting the throttle. Ill check if maybe the pov stick is already configured as well.

It is strange though since other buttons which are already configured remapped automatically. If it fixes the issues ill post back here. Going to debind all keys and configure everything from scratch.

Edit: found a somewhat expectable setting for my black widow. If anyone would like to know the setup let me know. Have loss of the following functionality: roll, strafe up/down

godeshus

Post by godeshus » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:52

This seems to be a common problem and I have no doubt that Egosoft will address this problem in their first or 2nd patch.

For me, keybinds are all messed up on the keyboard. Most things I was able to work around by remapping. But the trigger and missile buttons can't be mapped. It won't accept the input when I click the buttons.

Anyway, congrats on an incredible game guys. You did an amazing job considering the scope of the universe and the complexity invovled in its execution.

-g

Player
x4

Joystick conflicting with mouse / keyboard

Post by Player » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:07

I´d like to use Joystick to fly my ship, but is impossible....

I had to play the game with the joystick unplugged.

if I leave the joystick plugged in, I can not choose the Options menus that appear on the screen after typing "F" as Dockar eg. the Options appear and disappear before I can pick them.

With the Joystick unplugged, the options menus works.

But I bought the game to fly the ship with the joystick.

Game version 1.12

Windows 7 64
AMD II X4 965 3.4GHZ
8 GB Memory
GTS 450 1GB

------------------
System Information
------------------
<Removed in this case, thank you anyway. Alan Phipps>

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:12

You haven't mentioned what type of joystick it is, but I would guess its some form of HOTAS like an X52PRO.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

kayahr
x4

Can't strafe with Joystick buttons

Post by kayahr » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:31

Hi,

in X3 it was possible to configure the game so it uses Joystick buttons for strafing up/down/left/right. In X-Rebirth this is not possible because only Joystick Axis can be configured for "Strafe Left-Right" and "Strafe Up-Down".

Could you please add "Strafe Up", "Strafe Down", "Strafe Right" and "Strafe Left" options to the "Steering II" section so I can map Joystick buttons to it?

Currently it is no fun playing the game with a Joystick because the left hand must always use the keyboard to strafe.

Laphroig
x3tc

Post by Laphroig » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 15:46

I mapped the WASD keys to a hat on my X52 pro using the profile software. It works with no problems for me. I recommend using this method.

normandean
x2

Post by normandean » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:15

Tried this and cannot dock. Get the docking icon after pressing "F" then nothing. Mouse pointer still not showing unless the Left Mouse button is pressed, then icon immediately lost. How did you manage to overcome this, and what does L5 (LS) mean. What action did you take?

Norman

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:20

I have a TM Warthog HOTAS with Saitek Pedals (which are needed as the joystick doesn't twist), a TrackIR5pro & Logitech G700s mouse

My observations are:
- The axis and buttons seem to conflict with one another as though the game only sees both controllers as one
- Pedals are completely unrecognised by the game so cannot map Roll to anything
- The game doesn't seem to like the analogue slew controls on the throttle
- There appears to be some conflict in game between the HOTAS controls and my mouse
- My mouse has many buttons but I cannot seem to map any of them in game (though I guess I could try to map them to macro keys through the software)
- TrackIR5 axis are not recognised (though this isn't a surprise more a confirmation)
- Mouse Invert only seems to take effect when in FP / Platform mode
Last edited by BigBANGtheory on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Ghulfield

Mouse not so bad

Post by Ghulfield » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:22

I must say that at first I was REALLY annoyed by the terrible joystick support. Any 3D space game I played before was no fun with a mouse.
However, after playing with a mouse and a WASD pad for a while I must admit that the game is quite playable with a mouse.
So maybe that is an (temporary) alternative to consider until Egosoft fixes the joystick support.

Thunderstick
x3ap

Post by Thunderstick » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:26

Saitek Pro-flight Yoke system....

Functions not recognized, axis not mapable, buttons not mappable.

judging the number of posts here, put this on top of your fix list plz.

Hordak

Post by Hordak » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:59

Got everything set up no problem with my CH Combatstick & Throttle, only remaining issue is the huge deadzone that can't be adjusted in-game. Makes it very hard to do proper targeting. Please fix this asap Ego!

Slorm
x3tc

Post by Slorm » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 18:09

Afterburnerz wrote:Same problem with Saitek Cyborg EVO - fixed by using the "Enter" key for the Yaw to clear and then move the joystick until it registers the movement. Did the same for the Pitch control --> Enter key to clear field then rocked joystick back and forth until it registered the correct response.
Had to revers axis for Pitch.
Do the same for your Thrust control.

Can not get it to recognize the Trigger though , so have to use control key to fire lasers.

Hope this helps.
I tired this (I have the Saitek Cyborg Evo as well) and the problem is that it reads the "Enter" as "Left Trigger" as soon as it's pressed. Oddly it worked once for pitch and yaw but for nothing else (hit enter get left trigger) but stopped working again for all these settings now.

Not had any problems with reassigning the buttons though just the stick itself.

Just to check I verified the files were okay on Steam and nothing was wrong

EDIT: Just to be clear the field isn't cleared it just puts in Left Trigger instantly

AC_Black
x4

Post by AC_Black » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:11

Hi well after another $100 spent on new HD and other small things, I have found the following.

First Equipment:
Win 7 home prem 64 bit
i7 Intel 930@2.80Hz
8gb ram

ALL Drivers are new.... everything Nothing on HD beside OS but steam and this game.

Using x52 pro (no peddles)
standard mouse (then coolmaster Inferno mouse.. Drivers not installed)
Logitech K120 keyboard

NO other drivers or USB posts used.

without x52 drivers installed..
Can remap and use joystick some buttons no seen some not remappable. BUT is useable for flight.

NOT able to fix mouse not working to interact with trade stations ffrom space, have to unplug joy stick then seems to work, (YOU HAVE TO go into settings then back out to make the ship stop spinning.)

NOT able to use mouse while docked. Joy stick MUST be unplugged.

x52 profile driver loaded.
Saitek_X52Pro_Flight_Controller_7_0_27_13_x64_Drivers
Smart Technology 7_0_27_13 64Bit

able to remap through profiler wsad for ship but mouse still not working. how ever flight cntrol in combat is alot better :)

x52 ssd driver installed NO Dif, everything is the same... was hoping the mouse problem would go away :(
Uninstall all x52 pro drivers clean reg then reinstall the SSD then profiler for x52
BTY I delete all setting saves in folder after every test

setting in profiler U CAN take out some of the deadzone problem, just click inside the box to section it more closer. Still not enough to make that much difference though :(

at the end of each test I would quit game and restart game with my trackir to see if there was a problem there, (see a posting of problems with it plugged in) I can say that nothing changed for me :)

ALL key bindings in-game have not changed at all so the new HD with only bare bones OS (fully updated 86 updates) with game installed is still broke.

SO game problems are in code and NOT my PC. or my drivers..

ALL graphic settings are either set to off or set to low so I dont mind looking at borderland graphics.

because I have not even done a mission yet, cannot say what works and what does not. I just cannot see myself saving the game exit out turning off PC unplug stick restart do my thing in station then save shut down and restart on EVERY interaction ingame.

So best I could do to play the game... Going back to my fully worn out but enjoyable x3 games and wait for the patches. I am NOT going to play a game that is a combat flight sim WITHOUT my stick.

AND WHY OF WHY would use NOT enable the HAT for viewing while in space combat. Gezz even x3ap has trackir even though it sucks without a cockpit mod.

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 11/16/2013 16:07:20
System name: removed

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 660
Driver version: 331.65
Direct3D API version: 11
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 960
Core clock: 1019 MHz
Memory data rate: 6008 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 2048 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.10.00.10
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Device Id: 10DE 11C0 84221043
Part Number: 2030 0000

[Components]

easyDaemonAPIU64.DLL 9.3.21.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
WLMerger.exe 9.3.21.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
daemonu.exe 9.3.21.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
ComUpdatus.exe 9.3.21.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
NvUpdtr.dll 9.3.21.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
NvUpdt.dll 9.3.21.0 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
nvui.dll 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 6.9.850.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 7.5.760.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.3165 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.3165 NVIDIA Video Server
NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.3165 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.3165 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.3165 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
nvDispSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.3165 NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX 09.12.1031 NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.3165 NVIDIA CUDA 6.0.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.3165 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
Honor is the Only thing to Hold True.

Value comes from the Space you have and what you make of what Space you got.

H.I.E.R.
Honesty, Integrity, Equanimity and Respect.

Imgrisch

How to set up Logitech Joystick correctly?

Post by Imgrisch » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 22:32

Since I have seen that I am not the only one who is having problems with the joystick configuration I would like to ask if someone who got it right would be so kind and post a guide with some screenshots on how to configure it correctly.
Would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!

Evilmonkee42

Re: Mouse not so bad

Post by Evilmonkee42 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:19

Ghulfield wrote:I must say that at first I was REALLY annoyed by the terrible joystick support. Any 3D space game I played before was no fun with a mouse.
However, after playing with a mouse and a WASD pad for a while I must admit that the game is quite playable with a mouse.
So maybe that is an (temporary) alternative to consider until Egosoft fixes the joystick support.
After several hours under my belt and getting used to the mappings I've setup on my Razer Epic/Orbweaver, I've come to the same conclusion. Regardless, I'd love to be able to keep all my other controllers plugged in while playing.

Not sure if unmapping the joystick section of the controller options would allow this right now, but I have yet to figure out how to actually un-map anything. It doesn't seem to accept any erroneous/unused keyboard or mouse buttons to try and clear an assignment.

Darlandra
x4

Post by Darlandra » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:31

I don't think joysticks are technically supported. It appears that it's keyboard/mouse/gamepad. My 940 causes a constant left/forward movement in stations simply by being connected.

DrSysAdmin
x3ap

[FIX] Fix for those using LOGITECH joysticks/controllers....

Post by DrSysAdmin » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 02:37

OK - if you have a LOGITECH controller, you can probably use the following to get it working in game. If your using another type, this won't help you at all..

For the record, this is what I did to get my Logitech Extreme 3d pro working.

First, remap what you can in game. Usually this is nothing but Pitch/Yaw/Roll/Throttle. It is ok if that is all you can do, because we will get all the other buttons working next.

To make your Logitech controller work, you need to have the Logitech profiler installed. Download it direct from Logitech's web site.

Next, I strongly suggest you create a "profile" for X:Rebirth using the profiler. This will let you switch to a controller setup you will customize just for the game.

Now, I am going to walk through mapping a few buttons - and you follow the same steps to do the rest. In this example, we will use the following:

B1 will fire the main gun.
B3 will swap guns.
B4 will swap missiles.

In the profiler, select B1, then select keystroke -> new keystroke.
This will open a new window. Click the "record" button, then press the CTRL key, then click "stop". You should see CTRL in the window showing it was recorded. Hit "ok" at the bottom of the window. Now, when you are in game and press B1 (usually the main "trigger" button) - the game will receive a CTRL input, and will fire your gun. CTRL is the keyboard command for fire gun.

Now - if you look in X: Rebirth keyboard commands, you see that "change gun" is the "G" key when in space. OK, so in the Logitech profiler, select whatever button you want to use to swap guns - in our example B3 - and do the select keystroke -> new keystroke. This will again open a new window. Click the "record" button, then press the G key, then click "stop". You should see G in the window showing it was recorded. Hit "ok" at the bottom of the window. Now when you press B3 (or whatever button you selected) - the game receives a "G" keyboard command and cycles your gun.

One last time - B4 will be change missile. Again, look at X:Rebirth keyboard commands. The command we want this time is keystroke M. So select B4 (or whatever you will use), select keystroke -> new keystroke. This will again open a new window. Click the "record" button, then press the M key, then click "stop". You should see M in the window showing it was recorded. Hit "ok" at the bottom of the window. Now when you press B4 (or whatever button you selected) - the game receives a "M" keyboard command and cycles your missile.

Just find what keyboard command the game needs and map it to whichever button on your controller you want to use for it. I have had success in making everything work, including using my "hat" for strafing.

Hope this helps some of you.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”