General Joystick/Pedal/Controller/Gamepad issues [Q&A CUI-2]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WhoCares01
x3tc

Post by WhoCares01 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:20

May depend on the joystick, but I managed to "hack" the strafing with the hat-switch manually into the inputmap.xml, located in a folder Documents/Egosoft/Rebirth/<some number>/
You can find the green lines in that file:

<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_A"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_D"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_W"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_S"/>

<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_LEFT"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_UP"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_DOWN"/>
The pink lines I added to that file. This setting works for me with a Thrustmaster T.16000M.
With other joysticks you may first have to find out which designation the hat-switch buttons have, and map them accordingly. Find an option to which you can map a hat-switch axis, and find it in the file.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Saitek X52 Pro Stick, Throttle, and Pedals (you know, what everyone is using).

Post by Ameer Nuub » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:34

Hate to pile on with all the flame, but there really is no excuse for this.

There is no mouse in menus, and the ship just turns around and around in game.

People say:

1- "unplug / can't use any sticks that emulate mouse control".

Aside from being unimaginably unacceptable, this is just not true. While the default joystick setup is literally the stupidest, most nonsensical config possible, it can be altered so that pitch, yaw and roll can be setup on the X52 Pro.

The problem is the footpedals and the assignment of slide vert & hor., which brings us to:

2- "you can get around the slide vert & hor problem by just mapping the keyboard keys to your device".

Wrong again. I have the slide keyboard keys mapped to the appropriate footpedal presses, but the ship still turns around and around in-game as if the footpedal was still reporting an axis, and even with huge deadzones applied to it, the ship continues to spin and spin, unless the footpedals are unplugged.

Again, after all this time in development? Seriously?

Bad2DBone
x4

Post by Bad2DBone » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:42

Thank you for posting this solution.

Sounds 'easy"...

I will try tonight.

I am using an old Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback.

I have actually worn out a POV through the X series already.

I have got used to using the keypad (after hours of play already) with Rebirth; but still cant get the accuracy... No idea what taking down the Carrier will have on my reputation ;)

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 00:51

not sure whats causing your issues but my X52 pro works perfectly fine, i was able to bind everything the way i wanted except for the hat switches IN GAME, but i was able to bind strafing to the black hat switch on the stick using saiteks provided software. not sure about the pedals though, the ones i ordered havent gotten here yet

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:18

myztkl-kev wrote:not sure whats causing your issues but my X52 pro works perfectly fine, i was able to bind everything the way i wanted except for the hat switches IN GAME, but i was able to bind strafing to the black hat switch on the stick using saiteks provided software. not sure about the pedals though, the ones i ordered havent gotten here yet
That's what I said... the X52 can be setup. The problem remains to be with footpedal and slide commands in-game, via stick or footpedal. For a game like this not to adequately handle such controllers, aside from taking this crazy long to release, is the equivalent of a car racing game not being able to handle a steering wheel controller.

Mapping slide keyboard commands to hat does no good if you don't use hat for slide commands. I use all hats for other assigned keys, and use pedals for slide. It is outrageous if I disable all axis aspects of the pedals, assigning them key commands instead, but the game is still going to go berserk if the pedals are plugged in.

gorman2040
x4

Saitek X52 joystick configuration

Post by gorman2040 » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 01:18

I am starting this thread specifically for X52 (not pro) owners as it is increasingly difficult to find info on other threads.

So I tried to understand how X-Rebirth see our beloved X52 and how the inputmap.xml work.

/!\ I disabled Steam cloud as I don't know how it resolve conflict between different files. Since I modify the inputmap.xml when Steam is closed /!\

From what I understand it is seen as a "super" XBox controller.
Most of the first buttons will be named like XBox controller buttons in the inputmap.xml.
Fortunately, the real button's number will appear in the game.
The button's number are the same you can find in the controller properties in Windows.

So, what I tried to do is to "clean" my inputmap.xml from what I didn't used and add/change what I need.

First let start with the matching between button's number and name in inputmap.xml:

1 = INPUT_XBUTTON_A
2 = INPUT_XBUTTON_B
3 = INPUT_XBUTTON_X
4 = INPUT_XBUTTON_Y
5 = INPUT_XBUTTON_LEFT_SHOULDER
6 = INPUT_XBUTTON_RIGHT_SHOULDER (see notes below)
7 = INPUT_XBUTTON_BACK
8 = INPUT_XBUTTON_START
9 = INPUT_XBUTTON_LEFT_THUMB
10 = INPUT_XBUTTON_RIGHT_THUMB
11 = INPUT_XBUTTON_BIGBUTTON
12 = INPUT_XBUTTON_12
33 = INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_UP (down hat on joystick)
35 = INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT
37 = INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_DOWN
39 = INPUT_XBUTTON_DPAD_LEFT

So that's quite a mess to understand :-$

So for the strafing, here is what I added:

Code: Select all

<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_22"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_20"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_21"/>
<state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_23"/>
Because thruster hat is seen as buttons.
To be able to use the diagonals, make sure the hat is in 8 way hat under your SST profile.

For the pinkie, scroll wheel and mouse click, you need to make a profile with SST software and put them into "unprogrammed". That way they are seen like simple buttons.

Off topic but it also helped me bind middle mouse button to jump in FP view.

Also for the mouse lag when in First Person view. It seems it's related to the thruster axe. This one is constantly moving. So best way to avoid it is to put your ship to neutral before docking. It is also possible to find the good position after that but since you don't have the meter... One good point for the huge deadzone, I guess it helps here.

That's it, I hope it will help people configure their X52.

If you find something useful and think it could be added to that post PM me. Thanks.

Next step would be finding how to change the deadzones and calibrating the thruster as the low "hard point" on the axis is not neutral in the game but rather little reverse thrusting.

This is my actual inputmap.xml if you want to see how it looks like.
Beware that I changed almost anything related to joystick. Also all menu and FP navigation is done with keyboard only.

Code: Select all

<inputmap>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_ABORT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_ABORT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_QUIT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DELETE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_QUIT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_UIQUIT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_UIQUIT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_MOUSEDBLCLICK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT_DOUBLECLICK"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_TOGGLECURSOR" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_MIDDLE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_TOGGLEMOUSESTEERING" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_SPACE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CYCLE_NEXT_PRIMARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_N"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CYCLE_NEXT_PRIMARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_X"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CYCLE_NEXT_SECONDARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_M"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CYCLE_NEXT_SECONDARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_Y"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_ENTER" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RETURN"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CLOSE_ABILITY_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CLOSE_ABILITY_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CLOSE_INTERACT_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CLOSE_INTERACT_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_BACK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_PAGEDOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NEXT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_PAGEUP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_PRIOR"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_QUIT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DELETE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_QUIT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_SCROLL_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DOWN"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_SCROLL_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_UP"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_WIDGET_TAB" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_TAB"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_0" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_0"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_1" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_1"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_2" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_2"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_3" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_3"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_4" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_4"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_5" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_5"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_6" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_6"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_7" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_7"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_8" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_8"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_9" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_9"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_A" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_A"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_B" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_B"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_C" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_C"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_D" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_D"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_E" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_E"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_G" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_G"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_H" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_H"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_I" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_I"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_J" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_J"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_K" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_K"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_L" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_L"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_M" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_M"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_N" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_N"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_O" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_O"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_P" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_P"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_Q" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_Q"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_R" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_R"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_S" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_S"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_T" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_T"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_U" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_U"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_V" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_V"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_W" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_W"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_X" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_X"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_Y" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_Y"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_Z" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_Z"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F1" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F1"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F2" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F2"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F3" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F3"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F4" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F4"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F5" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F5"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F6" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F6"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F7" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F7"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F8" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F8"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F9" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F9"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F10" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F10"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F11" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F11"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_F12" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F12"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_NUMPAD0" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD0"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_NUMPAD1" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD1"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_NUMPAD3" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD3"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_NUMPAD7" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD7"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_NUMPAD9" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD9"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERAZOOMIN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ADD"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERAZOOMOUT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_SUBTRACT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_DELETE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DELETE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_END" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_END"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_INSERT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_INSERT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_HOME" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_HOME"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_SPACE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_SPACE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERALEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD4"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERARIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD6"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERAUP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD8"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERADOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD2"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_UP"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DOWN"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LEFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RIGHT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_CAMERARESET" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NUMPAD5"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DEBUG_UNDERSCORE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LSHIFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_1" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_1"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_2" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_2"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_3" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_3"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_4" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_4"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_5" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_5"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_6" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_6"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_BACK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_CLOSE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DELETE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DIALOG_CLOSE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_1" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_1"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_2" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_2"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_3" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_3"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_4" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_4"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_5" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_5"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_6" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_6"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_7" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_7"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_DRONE_ABILITY_8" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_8"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_ZONE_MAP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_PERIOD"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_SECTOR_MAP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_COMMA"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_MAIN_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RETURN"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_MAIN_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_32"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_PLAY_CUTSCENE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_B"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_PAUSE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_PAUSE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_PAGEUP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_PRIOR"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_PAGEDOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_NEXT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_SCREENSHOT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_SYSRQ"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_SCREENSHOT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F13"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_TRIGGER_VIDEOMODE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_V"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_BACKSPACE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_BACK"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_STOP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_BACK"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_EXECUTE_NOTIFICATION" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_RIGHT_SHOULDER"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_ADDON_DETAILMONITOR_G" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_G"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_INFO_ACTION" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_I"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_COMM_ACTION" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_C"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_QUICKSAVE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F5"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_QUICKLOAD" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F9"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPTIONSMENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_O_SHIFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_MINIGAME_SELECT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RETURN"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_MINIGAME_ABORT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_MINIGAME_ABORT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_STOP_REMOTE_CONTROL" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_STOP_REMOTE_CONTROL" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_MINIGAME_CLICK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CLOSE_DEBUGBAR" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_CLOSE_DEBUGBAR" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_31"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_TRADE_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_T_SHIFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_SAVEGAMEMENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_S_SHIFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_LOADGAMEMENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_L_SHIFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_QUITGAMEMENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_Q_SHIFT"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_ADDON_DETAILMONITOR_I" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_I"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_ADDON_DETAILMONITOR_C" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_C"/>
 <action id="INPUT_ACTION_STOP_CUTSCENE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ESCAPE"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DIALOG_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DIALOG_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_RIGHT_SHOULDER"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STEER_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STEER_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RIGHT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STEER_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DOWN"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STEER_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_UP"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_A"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_23"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_D"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_21"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_W"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_20"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_S"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_STRAFE_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_22"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_WIDGET_SCROLL_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_WIDGET_SCROLL_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RIGHT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_WIDGET_SELECT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RETURN"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_ACCELERATE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_X"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DECELERATE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_Z"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_BOOST" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_TAB"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_BOOST" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_BACK"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_ROLL_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_Q"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_ROLL_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_E"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_TOGGLEMOUSESTEERING" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DRONE_ABILITY_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_T"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DRONE_ABILITY_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_30"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_INTERACTION_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_INTERACTION_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_RIGHT_SHOULDER"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_INTERACTION_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_F"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_INTERACTION_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_INTERACTION_MENU" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_RIGHT_SHOULDER"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FIRE_PRIMARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LCONTROL"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FIRE_PRIMARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_A"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FIRE_SECONDARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_L"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FIRE_SECONDARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS" code="INPUT_XBUTTON_B"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FIRE_SECONDARY_WEAPON" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_SIDE1"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_MOVE_FORWARD" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_W"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_MOVE_BACKWARD" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_S"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_TURN_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_TURN_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RIGHT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_LOOK_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_UP"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_LOOK_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DOWN"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_STRAFE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_A"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_STRAFE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_D"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_CROUCH" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LCONTROL"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_WALK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LMENU"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FP_JUMP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_MIDDLE"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_ZOOM_IN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_ADD"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_ZOOM_OUT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_SUBTRACT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_PAN_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_A"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_PAN_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_D"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_PAN_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_W"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_PAN_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_S"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_ROTATE_LEFT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_ROTATE_RIGHT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RIGHT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_ROTATE_UP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_UP"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MAP_ROTATE_DOWN" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_DOWN"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_MOUSECLICK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_FIRE_PRIMARY_WEAPON_AT_CURSOR" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEBUTTONS" code="INPUT_MOUSEBUTTON_RIGHT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_A" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RETURN"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_X" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_4"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_Y" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_3"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_B" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_1"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_BACK" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_2"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_RB" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_6"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_LB" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_5"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DEBUGLOG_PREV" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_LEFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DEBUGLOG_NEXT" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_RIGHT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DEBUGLOG_COPY" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_C_SHIFT"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DEBUGLOG_FIRST" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_HOME"/>
 <state id="INPUT_STATE_DEBUGLOG_LAST" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_END"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_STEERING_YAW" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYAXES" code="INPUT_JOYAXIS_RZ"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_STEERING_PITCH" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYAXES" code="INPUT_JOYAXIS_Y"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_STEERING_ROLL" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYAXES" code="INPUT_JOYAXIS_X"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_THROTTLE" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYAXES" code="INPUT_JOYAXIS_Z"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_MOUSELOOK_YAW" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEAXES" code="INPUT_MOUSEAXIS_X_RAW"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_MOUSELOOK_PITCH" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEAXES" code="INPUT_MOUSEAXIS_Y_RAW"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_WIDGET_MOUSEWHEEL" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEAXES" code="INPUT_MOUSEAXIS_Z"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_MOUSEWHEEL" source="INPUT_SOURCE_MOUSEAXES" code="INPUT_MOUSEAXIS_Z"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_MENUSCROLL_X" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYAXES" code="INPUT_JOYAXIS_X"/>
 <range id="INPUT_RANGE_MENUSCROLL_Y" source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYAXES" code="INPUT_JOYAXIS_Y"/>
 </inputmap>
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:44

ah, my bad, i think i missed the line in your post. When i get my pedals ill be sure to test and post what i find. Which pedals do you have? the combat pedals or just the normal flight pedals?

halowse
x3tc

Post by halowse » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 03:18

Were you able to eliminate the dead zone?

Stuii

Post by Stuii » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 04:13

myztkl-kev wrote:
Stuii wrote:
Hi there,

I bought an x52 pro with this game launch in mind - I'm not that familiar with the x52 software, but I'm lead to believe that profiles are an option - can you please post your profile and what the basic binding and usages are?

I'd be very thankful!
Its just a blank profile with only Hat 2 set to 8 way and bound to W,A,S,D,WA,AS,SD,WD which are the keyboard controls in game for strafing.

everything else is bound in-game under the joystick settings.

I've never touched the Profile Editor software until today, its pretty straight forward, if you push a button or a hat it will highlight on the list and you just have to double click it and set the controls.
You need to right-click i think and select 8-way (if you want, 4-way works too but then you cant strafe at an angle) and then select mapped to "buttons" and then individually bind each hat direction to the corrisponding WASD directions.

paste this into notepad and save is as X Rebirth.pr0

[profile='X Rebirth' version=0x00000005
[controllers
[controller=1f732691-3bc6-41ec-a977-c5bf0b03a3dc group='Pro Flight'
[member=75bb6cc8-fb40-4be1-bf2b-4b10397a98a8 name=X52Pro shortname=X52Pro]
[controls
[button=0x00090001 name=Trigger]
[button=0x0009000F name='Second Trigger']
[button=0x00090002 name=Launch]
[button=0x00090003 name='Fire A']
[button=0x00090004 name='Fire B']
[button=0x00090005 name='Fire C']
[button=0x00090006 name=Pinkie]
[button=0x00090007 name='Fire D']
[button=0x00090008 name='Fire E']
[button=0x00090009 name='Toggle 1']
[button=0x0009000A name='Toggle 2']
[button=0x0009000B name='Toggle 3']
[button=0x0009000C name='Toggle 4']
[button=0x0009000D name='Toggle 5']
[button=0x0009000E name='Toggle 6']
[button=0x00090010 name='Mouse Fire']
[button=0x00090013 name='Wheel Button']
[button=0x00090011 name='Wheel Scroll Up']
[button=0x00090012 name='Wheel Scroll Down']
[button=0x0009001F name='Clutch Button']
[slider name=Mode
[button=0x0009001C name='Mode 1' latchable=false]
[button=0x0009001D name='Mode 2' latchable=false]
[button=0x0009001E name='Mode 3' latchable=false]]
[hat=0x00010039 name='POV 1']
[hat=0x00090014 name='POV 2']
[hat=0x00090018 name='Throttle Hat']
[axis=0x00010030 name='X Axis']
[axis=0x00010031 name='Y Axis']
[axis=0x00010032 name=Throttle]
[axis=0x00010035 name=Twist]
[axis=0x00010034 name='Rotary 1']
[axis=0x00010033 name='Rotary 2']
[axis=0x00010036 name='Precision Slide']
[axis=0x00050024 name='Mouse X Axis']
[axis=0x00050026 name='Mouse Y Axis']]
[shifts
[shift=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 1'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001C]]]
[assignments
[button=0x00090010 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=7dc57d1d-436a-4cbd-b00c-2a6020b67c65]]]
[button=0x00090013 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=d6d668ab-dc2b-4daf-af63-dfd98c234faa]]]
[button=0x00090011 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=fee538b8-6ba8-48ae-9a82-4c46bb3c1476]]]
[button=0x00090012 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=c84f0ec5-50bc-4f85-8a7c-818bd055255b]]]
[axis=0x00050024 role=mouse-x
[mouse-x=15]]
[axis=0x00050026 role=mouse-y
[mouse-y=15]]]]
[shift=9fc9dcb2-8bbf-482e-9dd0-c76e22bbc381 fallback=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 2'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001D]]]]
[shift=e536be07-7569-4d2f-878a-795457b889d7 fallback=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 3'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001E]]]
[assignments
[hat=0x00090014 name='POV 2' role=bands
[bands
[band=1 command=ac92e7f5-a9b3-4ba0-a5c0-5cd7273e52a4]
[band=2 command=61ad34c1-d2cb-4744-a335-8bc916b0c79d]
[band=3 command=df1926fc-f15f-41e7-a384-5ac6fb08b1aa]
[band=4 command=041cabad-801c-495b-b8ef-3a83fa0f6e59]
[band=5 command=274da9f2-0dc1-4112-bb3e-22607b41a788]
[band=6 command=d6fabcee-c888-49f6-accd-aee1878e9c44]
[band=7 command=80cf17bd-2a84-4068-8dc3-facfc6250466]
[band=8 command=6f177ab3-a4a6-473b-83b0-ab7ca33c42f7]]]]]
[shift=d056b485-0877-477f-952b-0ba8be61cee7 fallback=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 1 + Pinkie'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001C]
[buttonhid=0x00090006]]]]
[shift=1cab9df5-4c24-4b13-b2e5-9a07957bb1fa fallback=9fc9dcb2-8bbf-482e-9dd0-c76e22bbc381 name='Mode 2 + Pinkie'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001D]
[shift=b7522229-9442-4aa0-b7b5-4c120a716742 fallback=e536be07-7569-4d2f-878a-795457b889d7 name='Mode 3 + Pinkie'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001E]
[buttonhid=0x00090006]]]]]]]
[commands
[actioncommand=ac92e7f5-a9b3-4ba0-a5c0-5cd7273e52a4 name=Untitled
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001A page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=61ad34c1-d2cb-4744-a335-8bc916b0c79d name='Untitled 1'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001A page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000007 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=df1926fc-f15f-41e7-a384-5ac6fb08b1aa name='Untitled 2'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=041cabad-801c-495b-b8ef-3a83fa0f6e59 name='Untitled 3'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000007 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000016 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=274da9f2-0dc1-4112-bb3e-22607b41a788 name='Untitled 4'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=d6fabcee-c888-49f6-accd-aee1878e9c44 name='Untitled 5'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000004 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
[actioncommand=80cf17bd-2a84-4068-8dc3-facfc6250466 name='Untitled 6'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000004 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=6f177ab3-a4a6-473b-83b0-ab7ca33c42f7 name='Untitled 7'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=7dc57d1d-436a-4cbd-b00c-2a6020b67c65 name='Left Mouse Button'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000001 page=0x00000009 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=d6d668ab-dc2b-4daf-af63-dfd98c234faa name='Right Mouse Button'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000002 page=0x00000009 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=fee538b8-6ba8-48ae-9a82-4c46bb3c1476 name='Scroll Up'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000038 page=0x00000001 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=c84f0ec5-50bc-4f85-8a7c-818bd055255b name='Scroll Down'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000038 page=0x00000001 value=0x000000FF]]]]]
Thanks very much for this! Now I understand what you meant with the wasd to hat.. My only issue is when I try to use the hat on the throttle, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The testing part of the sites software works and allows press and hold, but in game nothing happens... Sometimes it works... Any thoughts?

monsto

Post by monsto » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 04:28

crumbsdm wrote:Bluetorino, I have joystick issues too and the controllers I own are more limited (hmmmm.... I might have a MS one around too, I'll have to search through boxes)

Monsto, I'm afraid that doesn't work. The issue I've noticed is that they have set Pitch and Yaw controls, which your app doesn't appear to affect. Part of my issue is that apparently my actual joystick is regarded as the "right trigger". Your app remapped all the buttons successfully but X:R doesn't seem to recognise certain things or worse combines control systems. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like more control over the settings to at least a) specifically state whether they are using a joystick or a controller and b) be able to clear a setting which is causing an issue. I have to assume that this is an engine issue combined with a blinkered development view since there were no similar conflicts in previous games between using the mouse and joysticks.

Solfi, the problem with over-commented long threads (and 10 pages is long) is that they take a while to wade through and don't always convey any useful information other than other people complaining about the same issues.
Well it was worth a try. . . I'm glad you saw it before they pitched the thread into the bin.

ziporama

Post by ziporama » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 04:43

I just wanted to share that the xml configuration file in the "my documents" folder / egosoft / somenumber lets you modify the mappings without the game interfering with the setups. Exit the game and just edit the xml file (I use notepad++ to do this because it highlights xml syntax).

The catch is that you need to know which axis and buttons your joystick configuration maps to in an Xbox360 controller world. The X button is button 1, A is 2, Y is 3 and B is 4 if I recall. The axes are simpler.

I was able to get my CH products to work completely (throttle, stick, pedals) by mapping the inputs by editing the xml file rather than using the game. I had a lot of problems with the axes registering on their own in the game which is why the manual method worked best for me.

I'm still looking through this as not all inputs are shown in the xml file (example, my mouse wheel controls the throttle but I'm not sure how/why and I can't turn that off). On top of that, it's not clear exactly which inputs are used where, as there are entries.

I'll report back here if I find anything else - but this definitely worked for me.

To make things simple, I programmed my joysticks to be one virtual device (CM 1) using all the axes. Still working on the buttons as I am not sure why buttons I didn't program at all actually work in game. The game is picking them up, but they are definitely NOT in the input xml file unless I missed something somewhere.

Also, I discovered that I had to turn auto-rotation off in the settings in the game (or in the config.xml file) as that messed up with my rotation axis input.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Z.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 04:56

myztkl-kev wrote:ah, my bad, i think i missed the line in your post. When i get my pedals ill be sure to test and post what i find. Which pedals do you have? the combat pedals or just the normal flight pedals?
Sure, no worries... I have the normal flight pedals. Work great for every game I've ever played with them but this one. I think you will like them... (pro flight or combat). I've always mapped keys to my hats rather than axis. Out of the hundreds of key commands and shortcuts like can be found in something like an X game, my hands never leave the sticks.

This is my rig, though you can't see the pedals or sticks: http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr17 ... Cptest.mp4

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 05:14

I have an X52 pro, and I can't seem to make it work, if anyone can help that'd be nice. It just spins to the left, no matter what I do, dead zones, disabling stuff, and the fact that it registers some analog inputs as keypresses...

So far unplugging it and using the mouse is all I've been able to do, which is unacceptable for a flight based game. If you guys have a way to make it work, please explain it to me, thanks!

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 05:48

Grimm Spector wrote:I have an X52 pro, and I can't seem to make it work, if anyone can help that'd be nice. It just spins to the left, no matter what I do, dead zones, disabling stuff, and the fact that it registers some analog inputs as keypresses...

So far unplugging it and using the mouse is all I've been able to do, which is unacceptable for a flight based game. If you guys have a way to make it work, please explain it to me, thanks!
Just try configuring it in-game. As stated, you aren't going to be able to get axis slides, but if you just go to the joystick setup, click the yaw field and then push your stick appropriately, then do the rest for pitch, etc. it should be fine. It will report stupid and wrong things (like an axis reporting as "trigger", etc., but just ignore it's stupidity). Leave slide unprogrammed (in the joystick section). You will have to program key commands to hats for slides (unless you can't stand having hat slides, like me).

Make sure you don't have pedals or any additional peripherals that add misc extra axis because, as stated, the game apparently cannot handle them, and will spin, regardless of whether you have them mapped to keys. (DEVS - PLEASE fix this CRAP soon).

Hope this helps.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 08:18

So it would all just be keypress emulation, and a giant waste of my time, awesome.

Stuii

Post by Stuii » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 08:32

Stuii wrote:
myztkl-kev wrote:
Stuii wrote:
Hi there,

I bought an x52 pro with this game launch in mind - I'm not that familiar with the x52 software, but I'm lead to believe that profiles are an option - can you please post your profile and what the basic binding and usages are?

I'd be very thankful!
Its just a blank profile with only Hat 2 set to 8 way and bound to W,A,S,D,WA,AS,SD,WD which are the keyboard controls in game for strafing.

everything else is bound in-game under the joystick settings.

I've never touched the Profile Editor software until today, its pretty straight forward, if you push a button or a hat it will highlight on the list and you just have to double click it and set the controls.
You need to right-click i think and select 8-way (if you want, 4-way works too but then you cant strafe at an angle) and then select mapped to "buttons" and then individually bind each hat direction to the corrisponding WASD directions.

paste this into notepad and save is as X Rebirth.pr0

[profile='X Rebirth' version=0x00000005
[controllers
[controller=1f732691-3bc6-41ec-a977-c5bf0b03a3dc group='Pro Flight'
[member=75bb6cc8-fb40-4be1-bf2b-4b10397a98a8 name=X52Pro shortname=X52Pro]
[controls
[button=0x00090001 name=Trigger]
[button=0x0009000F name='Second Trigger']
[button=0x00090002 name=Launch]
[button=0x00090003 name='Fire A']
[button=0x00090004 name='Fire B']
[button=0x00090005 name='Fire C']
[button=0x00090006 name=Pinkie]
[button=0x00090007 name='Fire D']
[button=0x00090008 name='Fire E']
[button=0x00090009 name='Toggle 1']
[button=0x0009000A name='Toggle 2']
[button=0x0009000B name='Toggle 3']
[button=0x0009000C name='Toggle 4']
[button=0x0009000D name='Toggle 5']
[button=0x0009000E name='Toggle 6']
[button=0x00090010 name='Mouse Fire']
[button=0x00090013 name='Wheel Button']
[button=0x00090011 name='Wheel Scroll Up']
[button=0x00090012 name='Wheel Scroll Down']
[button=0x0009001F name='Clutch Button']
[slider name=Mode
[button=0x0009001C name='Mode 1' latchable=false]
[button=0x0009001D name='Mode 2' latchable=false]
[button=0x0009001E name='Mode 3' latchable=false]]
[hat=0x00010039 name='POV 1']
[hat=0x00090014 name='POV 2']
[hat=0x00090018 name='Throttle Hat']
[axis=0x00010030 name='X Axis']
[axis=0x00010031 name='Y Axis']
[axis=0x00010032 name=Throttle]
[axis=0x00010035 name=Twist]
[axis=0x00010034 name='Rotary 1']
[axis=0x00010033 name='Rotary 2']
[axis=0x00010036 name='Precision Slide']
[axis=0x00050024 name='Mouse X Axis']
[axis=0x00050026 name='Mouse Y Axis']]
[shifts
[shift=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 1'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001C]]]
[assignments
[button=0x00090010 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=7dc57d1d-436a-4cbd-b00c-2a6020b67c65]]]
[button=0x00090013 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=d6d668ab-dc2b-4daf-af63-dfd98c234faa]]]
[button=0x00090011 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=fee538b8-6ba8-48ae-9a82-4c46bb3c1476]]]
[button=0x00090012 role=bands
[bands
[band]
[band=1 command=c84f0ec5-50bc-4f85-8a7c-818bd055255b]]]
[axis=0x00050024 role=mouse-x
[mouse-x=15]]
[axis=0x00050026 role=mouse-y
[mouse-y=15]]]]
[shift=9fc9dcb2-8bbf-482e-9dd0-c76e22bbc381 fallback=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 2'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001D]]]]
[shift=e536be07-7569-4d2f-878a-795457b889d7 fallback=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 3'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001E]]]
[assignments
[hat=0x00090014 name='POV 2' role=bands
[bands
[band=1 command=ac92e7f5-a9b3-4ba0-a5c0-5cd7273e52a4]
[band=2 command=61ad34c1-d2cb-4744-a335-8bc916b0c79d]
[band=3 command=df1926fc-f15f-41e7-a384-5ac6fb08b1aa]
[band=4 command=041cabad-801c-495b-b8ef-3a83fa0f6e59]
[band=5 command=274da9f2-0dc1-4112-bb3e-22607b41a788]
[band=6 command=d6fabcee-c888-49f6-accd-aee1878e9c44]
[band=7 command=80cf17bd-2a84-4068-8dc3-facfc6250466]
[band=8 command=6f177ab3-a4a6-473b-83b0-ab7ca33c42f7]]]]]
[shift=d056b485-0877-477f-952b-0ba8be61cee7 fallback=cd957a00-26bf-4577-89ff-676166fe3b28 name='Mode 1 + Pinkie'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001C]
[shift=1cab9df5-4c24-4b13-b2e5-9a07957bb1fa fallback=9fc9dcb2-8bbf-482e-9dd0-c76e22bbc381 name='Mode 2 + Pinkie'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001D]
[shift=b7522229-9442-4aa0-b7b5-4c120a716742 fallback=e536be07-7569-4d2f-878a-795457b889d7 name='Mode 3 + Pinkie'
[selectionset
[buttoncombo
[buttonhid=0x0009001E]
[buttonhid=0x00090006]]]]]]]
[commands
[actioncommand=ac92e7f5-a9b3-4ba0-a5c0-5cd7273e52a4 name=Untitled
[actionblock
[actioncommand=61ad34c1-d2cb-4744-a335-8bc916b0c79d name='Untitled 1'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001A page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
[actioncommand=df1926fc-f15f-41e7-a384-5ac6fb08b1aa name='Untitled 2'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=041cabad-801c-495b-b8ef-3a83fa0f6e59 name='Untitled 3'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000007 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
[actioncommand=274da9f2-0dc1-4112-bb3e-22607b41a788 name='Untitled 4'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=d6fabcee-c888-49f6-accd-aee1878e9c44 name='Untitled 5'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=80cf17bd-2a84-4068-8dc3-facfc6250466 name='Untitled 6'
[actionblock
[action device=keyboard usage=0x00000004 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=6f177ab3-a4a6-473b-83b0-ab7ca33c42f7 name='Untitled 7'
[actionblock
[actioncommand=7dc57d1d-436a-4cbd-b00c-2a6020b67c65 name='Left Mouse Button'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000001 page=0x00000009 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=d6d668ab-dc2b-4daf-af63-dfd98c234faa name='Right Mouse Button'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000002 page=0x00000009 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=fee538b8-6ba8-48ae-9a82-4c46bb3c1476 name='Scroll Up'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000038 page=0x00000001 value=0x00000001]]]
[actioncommand=c84f0ec5-50bc-4f85-8a7c-818bd055255b name='Scroll Down'
[actionblock
[action device=mouse usage=0x00000038 page=0x00000001 value=0x000000FF]]]]]
Thanks very much for this! Now I understand what you meant with the wasd to hat.. My only issue is when I try to use the hat on the throttle, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The testing part of the sites software works and allows press and hold, but in game nothing happens... Sometimes it works... Any thoughts?
Wanted to add a piece of information for anyone with my x52 pro problem:
I have mapped the throttle hat to 8-way wasd - but even though it worked in test it wouldn't work in game...
however, accidentally launched witht he test window still open - and now it works in game. This may be a workaround for some of you

Rockstar
xr

Post by Rockstar » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 10:38

oops answered

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 11:43

fyi those with a Warthog or Cougar HOTAS can use Thrustmaster TARGET software to create a profile to help workaround these problems...

You can assign the keyboard keystrokes to one or more of your PoV hat switches e.g. strafe and rotate plus assign the mouse axises to the throttle analogue slew control. It also helps to adjust the joystick curves a little to offset the bizarre deadzone effect in game.

I strongly recommend you familiarise yourself with Target as only you know which keys and controls you want where, but here is my profile for X Rebirth
http://wikisend.com/download/943520/X Rebirth TM Warthog Config.fcf

Using MadCatz / Saitek profiling for the rudders is still not helping though despite being able to map the things like the toe brakes to the keyboard rotate commands. The game can't seem to differentiate the axis inputs so it conflicts with the joystick input and you end up spinning out of control.

The quick fix IMHO is for Egosoft to recognise axis and button input from Controller 1, Controller 2, Controller 3 etc independently so they don't conflict. That way at least you have the option of using vendor config software on a per device basis to customise the controls out of game.

I was wrong when I said earlier that the game doesn't recognise input from my Saitek Rudder Pedals, it does but the axis input conflicts with the joystick. So separate these devices out and you're half way to a fix and happy Hotas users 8)

crumbsdm
x4

Post by crumbsdm » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:25

monsto wrote:
crumbsdm wrote:Monsto, I'm afraid that doesn't work. The issue I've noticed is that they have set Pitch and Yaw controls, which your app doesn't appear to affect. Part of my issue is that apparently my actual joystick is regarded as the "right trigger". Your app remapped all the buttons successfully but X:R doesn't seem to recognise certain things or worse combines control systems. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like more control over the settings to at least a) specifically state whether they are using a joystick or a controller and b) be able to clear a setting which is causing an issue. I have to assume that this is an engine issue combined with a blinkered development view since there were no similar conflicts in previous games between using the mouse and joysticks.
Well it was worth a try. . . I'm glad you saw it before they pitched the thread into the bin.
As it happened, I wanted to try the Joystick because I thought I sucked at Space Combat Sim using a mouse. I'd completely forgotten that in the X3 games, I took out fast small craft with missiles or drones when in a medium sized vessel. Now that I've remembered and taken off the dunce hat....

crumbsdm
x4

Post by crumbsdm » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:27

I don't know why it posted multiples of the previous. Error issues maybe. replacing the inner text with an edit * mutter *
Last edited by crumbsdm on Tue, 19. Nov 13, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”