General Joystick/Pedal/Controller/Gamepad issues [Q&A CUI-2]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panzertard
x4

General Joystick/Pedal/Controller/Gamepad issues [Q&A CUI-2]

Post by Panzertard » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 13:30

Just tested a quick freeplay.
No mousepointer in the game menu, forced to use the keyboard to navigate.
I do have a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Saitek Rudder pedals as well, the next test will be without these additional devices.

The first DXreport will include the devices.
(Sorry, I hope my txt-report doesn't break the forum).

------------------
System Information
------------------
<Removed in this case, thanks anyway. Alan Phipps>
Last edited by Panzertard on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 13:51, edited 4 times in total.
/Panzertard

Panzertard
x4

Post by Panzertard » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 13:36

I can confirm that you need to remove the additional controllers which supports or emulates 'mouse'.
The Warthog HOTAS is a such one with several mice emulators onboard.
/Panzertard

B_O_L_T
x4

Post by B_O_L_T » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 13:40

I am in the same boat, warthog and rudder pedals and the game will not recognise axis input from different device ID, even tried a logitech G940 to see if it was just my warthog/custom pedals causing problems, but no deal.

After waiting for this game I am thoroughly disgusted, we had the same nonsense in the last engine, and after all the threads and complaints I would have expected better this time out.

spitzfire
x3tc

How to dock?

Post by spitzfire » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 14:26

OK, I've approached the first docking platform, press the F key to interact, and it shows the "double down arrow" and the word "Dock".
Under that, it displays the help text "LS to choose" (or "L5 to choose", can't be sure). How do I get the ship to dock?

OK, more info. I checked the Steam forum and someone figured out that their joystick was conflicting with the mouse. So, unplugging my joystick at least allows me to get past the problem, and I was able to dock.

Anon1850

How to configure my gamepad?

Post by Anon1850 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 17:26

So... I bought a gamepad, Saitek P580, to try out the experience with gamepad-ing. But the game and the settings on my gamepad don't really interact.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't know how to configure it in settings. By default, the settings are stupid, as I have one thumbstick configured for reverse thrusting, but not flying around. Judging by the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtXV34Py2fI) my problem is only that I don't know how to configure my controller.

So.. if anyone would be so kind as to share your gamepad settings (say a screenphoto) it would be great.

I'm not sure if I'm getting my point across correctly: I want to know what buttons so key for my gamepad to do which operation.

Thx

Wolf-R1

XRebirth won't use joystick buttons??

Post by Wolf-R1 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 19:24

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that works, it can be tested in Windows and XR will use the stick control functions but will not recognize any buttons. I've tried to assign buttons in the menu but any time I press a joystick button it either says "N/A" or has zero effect.

Is there something I'm missing?

Shootist
x4

No Joy on a stick.

Post by Shootist » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 20:03

Plain jane logitech extreme pro 3d. Yaw, pitch and trigger work, nothing else. Nothing is re-mappable.

Is this WAD?

------------------
System Information
------------------

<Removed in this case, thanks anyway. Alan Phipps>

Deleted User

Can't set joystick to turn instead of strafe ?

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 20:30

I have a Logitech Attack 3. The only options that I see in control settings for joystick are for the strafe. Is there no way to set to joystick to turn like the arrow keys ?

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 21:14

I was able to get my x52 pro working for the most part, but none of the hat switches can be bound to anything, and the main hat used for free look in x3 seems to be auto-bound to changing weapons. this sucks because i essentially cant strafe in any direction without the hats, also menu movement is controlled by the joystick axises which is very tedious.
The thing i dont get is if you look around ANYWHERE in the forums you can see that everyone and their dog has an x52 pro, some people have more expensive ones but the x52 pro seems to dominate the forums. one would assume they have better support for this stick since it was a problem stick in x3. One of the suggestions we were given then was to use the default windows driver for the joystick, I may try that when i get home.

Edit: I can bind the second hat on the stick for menu controls as well as the throttle hat switch but no ship movement controls. There should be 2 seperate binds for strafing horizontal and 2 for vertical so we can bind buttons and not axises
Last edited by myztkl-kev on Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 21:20

Hi,

I noticed this was screwy when I first started playing. However, a few moments in Controller / Joystick: Space re-configuring the controls sorted it. Been playing with my joystick no problem since.

So, it CAN be fixed, though the default config sucks.

Scoob.

Afterburnerz
x3

Post by Afterburnerz » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 21:23

Same problem with Saitek Cyborg EVO - fixed by using the "Enter" key for the Yaw to clear and then move the joystick until it registers the movement. Did the same for the Pitch control --> Enter key to clear field then rocked joystick back and forth until it registered the correct response.
Had to revers axis for Pitch.
Do the same for your Thrust control.

Can not get it to recognize the Trigger though , so have to use control key to fire lasers.

Hope this helps.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 21:53

Re-trigger to fire...I found that I had to recofigure the "Fire Weapon" under "Weapons II" for it to work. For some reason "Fire weapon" and "Fire missile" under the "Weapons" heading will not accept my input.

All working using above alternate method though.

Scoob.

Post by Guest » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 22:24

yeah, I can get the x and y axis to work but there's no way to configure the flightstick for rudder roll or twist roll. When I try to map the twist for roll, XR sees the input as 'right button'. Same with me on the hats; I used it extensively for strafing and also free-look. My thrust controller is reversed (i.e. up is slow and down is fast) and there is no way to reverse it in SST or in the game. I'd really appreciate you telling me what you did to get the above working ;-) I'm running the latest drivers and software from Saitek as well (mad catz). Oh, and I also can't bind a lot of my buttons, etc...

Post by Guest » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 22:34

ok, I got the roll to work but only as joystick twist. The rudders just renders the joystick inoperable if plugged in (X series pro rudders). Thrust is still reversed and hats don't work like in X3 :-(

Strum1
x3tc

No Attack 3 support?

Post by Strum1 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 22:49

Hello, does rebirth support Attack 3 joystick?
If so, how do you set it up?

ALso what's with the site? Took me all day to post this.

Linnane
x4

Post by Linnane » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 23:21

Similar here. My Attack 3 stick has proven difficult to configure and does not play well with my mouse. Stick unplugged for now.

Linnane
x4

Logitech Attack 3 Joystick does not play well with Mouse - stick unplugged for now

Post by Linnane » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 23:24

Hi Guys.

Having my logitech Attack 3 joystick plugged in causes erratic control performance and interferes with mouse control. Please advise

spitzfire
x3tc

Post by spitzfire » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 00:13

I got my Attack 3 working with a bit of effort, but I only use it for flying.

I have to physically unplug the USB cable each time I want to use the mouse to interact with a station, and I have to leave it unplugged while I walk around the station, otherwise it interferes with mouse movement.

In Settings for Controller / Joystick:
Under Steering
- Yaw = Left Stick (Horizontal)
- Pitch = Left Stick (Vertical)
Under Weapons II
- Fire Weapon = Button 1
- Fire Missile = Button 2

There are other settings but those are the main ones for me.

Player
x4

Post by Player » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 01:03

Not only using a logitech, i have the same problem with other joystick, i had to unplug the joystick, because unlike could not click on the menu options... :evil:

I want to play with JOYSTICK to fly with my ship and keyboard and mouse to make menu choices...

s9ilent
x4

Joystick binding issues: Twist axis, Logitech Extreme 3d pro. Also button 2

Post by s9ilent » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 01:06

I'm unable to bind the roll axis for the logitech extreme 3d pro. It keeps saying right trigger and twisting the axis will result in firing the weapons (even thou fire is not bound to right trigger any more)

Also I'm unable to bind several other buttons (specifically button 2)

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”