Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aachaoshand

Post by aachaoshand » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 20:37

I didn't start having crashes until 1.16. I figured I will let this game sit until patch 1.2 or maybe even 2.0. This game is so unplayable right now. I think we need to work on letting us transfer drones between our captures ships when we dock since my effing cargo ship won't go anywhere since the engines are completely blown and I can't transfer a basic item like a drone....

Darkle
x3tc

Post by Darkle » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:37

I have a crash on highway exit. After retreating from the battle at the Albion/DeVries jumpgate, I get the encyclopaedia video and the cockpit chat after the first superhighway. After that, when I leave the highway that leads to the superhighway to Glaring Truth I get a CTD. This happens wherever I leave the highway.

This was neither caused, nor fixed with 1.17 as the game patched from 16-17 after the first instance.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:40

Any of you who are still having problems with 1.17 should try again having allowed Steam to update with the latest hotfix.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:40

Hotfix for 1.17 is live. Please make sure you have this and try the highways again.

StarFreeze
x4

Post by StarFreeze » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:04

I've travel through multiple super highways, normal highways and jump gates and not a single crash since the v1.17 hotfix. I think it may have been fixed! Yay I can play again. :)

PurpsUK
x4

Post by PurpsUK » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:11

I was just about to post that I think it's a video not loading (I was checking the logs after a crash), but got distracted by an almost fully repaired Taranis in the campaign after restarting. Thanks for putting the construction drones on it :)

Will go check it now.

egena

Post by egena » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:15

Whoa - I just changed my Sound settings and I exit the superhighway in the storyline!
It seems to be something to do with one of the "chatter" sound files that is used when ever the glorious co-pilot speaks after arriving at a highway destination.
Anyway - its working!

I simply changed my default sound device from my USB Speakers to my USB Logitech G930 headset instead. It means I need to play exclusively via headphones now but that will do for now.

I will say that my original savegame that crashes when arriving at Lookout Alpha using a superhighway still crashes.

nightspore333
x3tc

Post by nightspore333 » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:19

Hotfix worked like a charm.

I was testing it pre-fix in Far Out. I had no problems with highway crashes until I went to The Big Empty. It crashed immediately upon entering zone, & subsequently crashed any time I left any highway. Deleting the uidata.xml fixed things until I went back to The Big Empty & the whole thing started over again.

BrownShortz
x4

Post by BrownShortz » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 22:56

Seems to have worked for me as well. Went through 5 highways no crash. Will test it more later......the hotfix came out 1 hour before I am due at work.......typical.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:14

i hadnt even played since the 1.16 patch due to all the reports. might play a bit later and test, thanks for working the weekend to get this sorted egosoft!

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:15

Does seem to have fixed the major highway crash :)

Wana
x3ap

Post by Wana » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 23:35

i have numerous highway crash with 1.16 and 1.17
as long as "take me to..." when asking my rahanas to take me somewhere.

tonight, i tried to rise X rebirth tasking priority to High (in windows tasking manager).

i have no crash since. Highway exits are very fluid.

got an i7 3770k.

theslay

Post by theslay » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:05

No more crash since the hotfix, that's great to be able to play again !

Crix
x3tc

Post by Crix » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:02

I think they are still there but it's much better. I did have a crash exiting a highway early. Right before the crash the game starting getting jumpy like if the game world was loading around it or something or like if anyone remembers Skyrim when it first came out it would stutter really bad like it was loading the world as you would move forward. Usually happens when you would run or ride a horse. In this case the highway.

M41den

Post by M41den » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:16

The crashing has stopped now. Still can't trade. Cargo ship seem to stall (sometimes when loading sometimes when unloading but 90% of the time for both) and won't move. Clearing the trade and moving sectors so they join you gets them moving again. Try trading again and same thing happens. Took me so many attempts for the 100 energy cells! I still have hope though....... :headbang:

darthmoll
x4

Post by darthmoll » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 21:27

M41den wrote:The crashing has stopped now. Still can't trade. Cargo ship seem to stall (sometimes when loading sometimes when unloading but 90% of the time for both) and won't move. Clearing the trade and moving sectors so they join you gets them moving again. Try trading again and same thing happens. Took me so many attempts for the 100 energy cells! I still have hope though....... :headbang:
trade system isnt working qith 1.17 and hotfix. we need to wait till tech support comes online and work a new patch so the game works again. :(((((

M41den

Post by M41den » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 22:03

darthmoll wrote:
M41den wrote:The crashing has stopped now. Still can't trade. Cargo ship seem to stall (sometimes when loading sometimes when unloading but 90% of the time for both) and won't move. Clearing the trade and moving sectors so they join you gets them moving again. Try trading again and same thing happens. Took me so many attempts for the 100 energy cells! I still have hope though....... :headbang:
trade system isnt working qith 1.17 and hotfix. we need to wait till tech support comes online and work a new patch so the game works again. :(((((
Ok, Thanks for the info. Here's to the next fix :roll:

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”