Highway crashes and exit from Superhighway: 1423442KM from anything, help [Q&A CPP-4]

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:18

We're aware of this and are working on it.

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:04

Happened to me often. My system doesn't beat the recommended specs (It does beat minimum specc), so I have FPS drops when arriving to a new location (Texture loading seems slow as hell on the game overally).

IF I arrive following another ship (Collision avoidance option is on) and at the landing "spot" there is a "train" of stopped ships... I'm "catapulted" far away to varied distances (The record was a 4.2 million kilometers "miss" ;) after a superhighway, but I have been "teleported" just 20km, for example).

So far this is what I do to avoid "catapults" and they never happened again:

- Exiting manually a Highway is safe, no problems here even with sudden FPS drops while following very fast ships.

- Exiting through the end of a Highway (or Super) I NEVER do it following another ship and when possible I use the corners of the 3x3 matrix (or the 5x5 in the case of the SUpers).

If I had to guess seems that the "Avoid collision" algorithm is meassuring distances during a FPS drop period and later is extrapolating the correction when FPS goes up (The typical division by a small number error amplyfication) which, ofc, can trigger an humongous final correction.

PlasticineDog
x4

Lost in space

Post by PlasticineDog » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 16:34

Last night when I decided it was time to stop playing and go to bed, I exited out of a highway, quicksaved my game, and then shut down. After loading the game up again I have come to discover that I am more than 10,000 KM away from the nearest sector. It's going to take me hours to fly back there. What can I do?
My nasty habit to quicksave all the time means that my next best save file would mean I lose more than 5 hours of game time.

To clarify - I didn't exit out of a regular highway halfway between zones. If I did, then the highway would be right next to me. Which it isn't. Setting a course for somewhere tells me the nearest highway is 10,000 KM off. And I distinctly remember there being ships and stations around me when I quicksaved. I was definitely within a zone when I quit.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 17:42

We're aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

TheHolyLancer

Superhighway Warped me into Empty Space

Post by TheHolyLancer » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 21:48

So I had taken a super highway and on the first exit, I got some random black screen with nothing working, I thought thats weird. Saved and came back and then found that I was in the middle of nowhere.

Granted, I had previous game saves to work with (and has actually just restarted since I was really early in the game), I just wanted to report it and hopefully let others know to save often and quicksave before jumping a super high way (and load if it screws up, not try to save and get back to that place).

This is the s/s of what I am talking about:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... 87A7D425A/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/450 ... DA3454E8C/

My system otherwise runs the game fine, although if I alt-tabbed too much the game slows down to a crawl (that loading screen when coming back from alt-tab seems to be broken) and has to be restarted and then it runs smooth as butter again. My specs is in the sig, its a saiger DTR from last gen with a 3d gen i7 and a 7970m (so think a desktop 7870+ or a 7950-) with hybrid crossfire that I forced to use the GPU for X:Rebirth for.
I7-3610QM
Radeon 7970M
16 GB DDR3

SlingbladeDrake

1413235 km away from mission objective after exiting highway....um ok?

Post by SlingbladeDrake » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:43

I was on the highway and left it at the time it told me and all of a sudden the skybox just kinda disappeared. The hud and cockpit were fine, but everything around me was black. Thinking that this was a graphics error and the map didn't load properly. I saved and reloaded. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere 1413235 km away.

This is my only save I have since there is no autosave for what ever reason. and I will be upset if I have to all over due to some insane bug.

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 00:59

They are looking into this bug. They advise you to report this to them if you have any idea on how to reproduce this bug.

SlingbladeDrake

Post by SlingbladeDrake » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:00

So start over...got it.

Thanks

Hiper-Boy
x3ap

Post by Hiper-Boy » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:01

Save in different slots next time. Good luck!

Spactre
x3tc

Post by Spactre » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:06

1413235 km away, you had realy bad luck, it occurs twice in my game but both near 150 km, thats only minutes. I'm very sorry for you

Dread Quixadhal
x4

Post by Dread Quixadhal » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 04:02

Just as a comment... *IF* it were fixed in such a way that the highway were still nearby (IE: existing the highway doesn't shoot you away from it), that could actually be a neat feature.

You should still have a starfield, and could have random things spawn out in deep space. Sounds like a good opportunity for a mod.

RichardDaborn
x3tc

Blasted out of not just the galaxy but out of the known universe after highway exit!!

Post by RichardDaborn » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 04:13

I dont know what just happened but i was in a highway up behind the wake of some big space truck when we exited. There was like a huge bang and the ship acellerated away out of the gamespace so far away the cockpit view went black and juddery.

i tried looking at the galactic map, the map popped up then the game locked up! :lol:

The only thing I can think of i got blasted out of the total games galactic space beyond any graphic representation and the game couldnt handle it and locked up!

So i claim the glitch record. not hundreds of kays, not thousands but light years off the galactic rim!

:D
http://rdaborn.tumblr.com/
Sci-fi Artwork website.

Zakuak

Post by Zakuak » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 04:33

I was able to repeat this bug 3 times today ( I had a save just prior to getting on the super highway). I jump on/in the Super highway and while traveling I would visit the crew....once I return to the cockpit I'd be 105000 KM (something like that anyway) from the objective.

Dont visit crew while traveling I suppose lol...

Valadis
x3tc

Post by Valadis » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 04:41

It's dark space, you must now proceed to fight the Reapers. 8)

Tileua

Post by Tileua » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 04:44

Let's hope you made the necessary upgrades....their lasers pack a wallop.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 11:41

egosoft stated they are looking into this but havent been able to reproduce it themselves. It happened to me once I was switching lanes to follow faster and faster ships and i was near full speed when i was ejected from the highway and flung 150km away straight out from the end of the highway into "empty space" luckily it was only 150kms and it only took a few minutes to get back. had it been 1000's of kms like some people reported i would load a save. Ever since i heard of this bug i save every time im about to hope on a highway.

myztkl-kev
x4

Post by myztkl-kev » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 11:45

this happened to me today for the first time on a blue highway, ship swapping to get faster and i was almost full speed right before i hit the end of the highway and was ejected 150kms straight away from the highway exit. I think it has something to do with the speed at which you are flying? Can someone confirm this or is this happening to people at half throttle or lower as well?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 12:28

We're aware of this and are already well on the way to fixing it.

rebb

Post by rebb » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:38

Just had this happen too.

I was in a highway ( which cause my system to hitch quite a lot because apparently the game loads the structures of everything, even if you speed by it at breakneck speeds - that seems a bit scary ) and had just missed my destination ( the distance counter went up again ).

When i left the highway and ended up in pitch black "space" with some occasional highway-user-ships flickering in and out and it seemed like i was rotating very fast judging by the lights in the cockpit.

Skorteus
xr

Post by Skorteus » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 02:44

I too had this happen, I don't recall exactly but my pointer said my next entrance was about 1458218km away. Lost in space!

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”